All submissions link directly to music streams. Lorge is my favorite song! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the listentothis community. another kick-ass instrumental band. You can check out the review of their show with Sego here. Ah. “My Only Swerving” Today’s song of the day comes from El Ten Eleven’s debut album that released in 2004. Lots of positive, relaxed vibes here. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. They're pretty good anyway. All submissions link directly to music streams. Check out the band who's been opening for them, Girlfriends!. That about does it for today. It takes the soundtrack from 500 days of summer and samples many different songs of his. Tycho makes excellent casual working or hanging out music. It’s an experience. Music charts are posted monthly. Dunn uses a looping pedal to layer melodies and harmonies over Fogarty’s drums, while playing a double-necked bass and guitar that allows him to bring a wide range of sounds to the table. This song is the perfect spring/summer lazy afternoon song. Listening to “My Only Swerving” for the first time can be a hypnotic and mind-boggling experience. Dunn also uses a selection of pedals to achieve different sounds. El Ten Eleven "My Only Swerving" At: Guitar Center - YouTube Kristian Dunn’s ability to layer complex melodies and interlocking harmonies, and turn his loops into songs, is just great craftsmanship. Press J to jump to the feed. This was in a documentary about Helvetica. Hope you enjoyed a little taste of El Ten Eleven. great song btw. Learn how your comment data is processed. I liked them before I was cool... wait, still not cool. This is truly incredible if you think about how many people are actually playing musical notes. Surprise… We just released a mixtape of hand-selected rarities & unreleased material, all FREE for you at this link: Cliche, but Resonance is my favorite. An tempestuous post-rock journey inspired by the existential threat of climate exchange, "Triumph & Disaster" overflows with grace and grit. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The two then build up a new melody based on Dunn’s finger tapping, before transitioning back into the main line. We saw how their earlier guitar-fueled beat loops compared to their later work. My Only Swerving (Live in Denver) by El Ten Eleven, released 13 July 2016 They're similarly awesome. I can do work to this. Beto O’Rourke makes early impression in Pennsylvania visit, Trump names pick for FAA job as agency faces new scrutiny, Rapper Nelly continues to charm on “DWTS”, Fort Wayne’s “Night of Lights” replaced with televised special, Michaela Steinhauer offers style twists and turns on “Changes and Choices”. I can do work to this. The two started playing together in Los Angeles in 2002, and released their eponymous debut album in 2004. El Ten Eleven Have you heard of CIVIL CIVIC? Your email address will not be published. I got to see him perform at a backyard house party at sxsw. For the melody of “My Only Swerving” Dunn utilizes a volume pedal to give it a stronger sense of motion. Φοίνιξ, supported by 4 fans who also own “Mixtape 001”, The type of person that doesn't nod along to the grooves on this tracklist is no person at all. Besides that, every track on this album is great to listen to in a lot of scenarios. Staring at Ceilings is pretty fun too, feels like a Pink Floyd cover. Had never heard of them and really enjoying it. Watching them put together those loops in real time is pretty impressive. I can chill out forever to this. As a long-time fan of their work, I would say it’s one of their more recognizable and popular songs. I highly recommend seeing them if they are in your area - always cheap, too. The main melody line builds until an abrupt release, with Fogarty switching to electronic drums, and Dunn providing some harmonic fingerpicking. As we go through this week of instrumental music, we’ll be covering some lesser-known bands and performers than in our last few weeks. The type of person that doesn't nod along to the grooves on this tracklist is no person at all. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Besides that, every track on this album is great to listen to in a lot of scenarios. Not only can El Ten Eleven compose and produce amazingly intricate songs, but they can do it in real time. Other content includes AMAs from on-topic artists, an album discussion club, and genre appreciation threads. I used to play this on my little portable speaker while riding my bike. And thank you for that link, this is what people should do more often in the comments. Listentothis is the place to discover new and overlooked music. If you're into typography you'd probably enjoy it. (500) Days of Weezy is a great listen for more lil wayne songs like that. saintlucafont, supported by 5 fans who also own “Mixtape 001”, My friend introduced me to Tycho while we went on a camping trip together. To help with this lack of awareness, we’ll be giving a brief overview of the bands/artists we cover this week. Any other similar suggestions? The Star Feminine Band and Sun Ra Arkestra's Marshall Allen and Noel Scott. And I believe you can also hear a distorted tremolo harmonizing along. Yesterday, we looked at Ratatat’s “Abrasive” as an example of dance/electronic instrumental music. My only swerving Mary Jane Watson by Bruce Timm. Thank you for the link. Automated moderation removes spam, reposts, household name bands, and poor amateur music. Another interesting aspect of Dunn’s playing is his frequent use of tapping to produce texture and build-up in a song. Your email address will not be published. r/listentothis: Listentothis is the place to discover new and overlooked music. Lots of positive, relaxed vibes here. Another lovely album by HOME that's easy to listen to anytime. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMiKbxwgS3E. Love this band. Today’s song of the day comes from El Ten Eleven’s debut album that released in 2004. Automated moderation … Helvetica has long since remained my favorite font. When Dunn and Fogarty play together, they build their instrumentals from the ground up. Rafi – S D Burman... Watch This: “25th Hour” provides an acting showcase for Edward Norton... Watch This: “Trainspotting” defied cinematic norms and defined a generation. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Especially if you’re seeing them perform live. The Hi-Fi in Indianapolis was fortunate enough to host El Ten Eleven last year. I can chill out forever to this. Sidebar features multireddits that include all 600+ of the other music subreddits. As a long-time fan of their work, I would say it’s one of their more recognizable and popular songs. Yunhi kat jayega safar (version 2) – Sanu/Alka – Nadeem-Shravan –... Ghoonghatki aadse dilbarka – Alka/Sanu – Nadeem-Shravan – Juhi/Aamir | Hum... Aajko junli raat ma – Lata/Mohd. I love it when someone mixes music like that. Bruce Timm Comic Book Artists Comic Artist Comic Books Art Marvel Girls Comics Girls Marvel Comic Universe Marvel Comics Comics Universe Paul Taylor is a freelance writer based out of Indianapolis. Now, we’ll take a look at another instrumental group, and see how they stand out from the crowd. good tune, but Pandora has overplayed this. I can sleep to this. Apricity, Bandcamp Daily  your guide to the world of Bandcamp. For the melody of “My Only Swerving” Dunn utilizes a volume pedal to give it a stronger sense of motion. While it’s sometimes hard to tell how well known a band is, I’m mostly referring to anything outside the mainstream consciousness. If you ever get a chance to go to one of their shows, don’t pas it up. You don’t hear many instrumental singles on the radio. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. I can sleep to this. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Steve, An tempestuous post-rock journey inspired by the existential threat of climate exchange, "Triumph & Disaster" overflows with grace and grit. Required fields are marked *. El Ten Eleven is an instrumental, post-rock duo consisting of bassist and composer Kristian Dunn, and drummer Tim Fogarty. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. My friend introduced me to Tycho while we went on a camping trip together. Los Angeles, California, Our new triple record 'Tautology' is out now: lnk.to/ETE-Tautology. If you like Mixtape 001, you may also like: supported by 6 fans who also own “Mixtape 001”, Cliche, but Resonance is my favorite. We caught these guys at Wicker Park Festival last summer, they put on a funky ass live show. That’s right, just one. It was rad. Tycho makes excellent casual working or hanging out music. Sometimes this comes in the form of harmonic tapping, and other times it’s closer to Van Halen (sort of). Bandcamp New & Notable Oct 9, 2019, Another lovely album by HOME that's easy to listen to anytime. Content is tagged by genre and split into editions for easy browsing.