He said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, The God of you fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me, “What is his name?” Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. Search Inspirational, Motivational, Uplifting & Encouraging Bible Verses, Scriptures, Quotes, Passages, Devotionals, Stories & Sayings: Getting to know God      Want to help? 10 Names of God You Need to Know,Brittany Rust - Study from the Bible and be encouraged to grow your faith! He didn’t leave her alone in her troubles. Yahweh is dynamically near, but as God (Elohim) he is also paradoxically transcendent. He provides the way for us to call out to Him and the assurance, beyond a doubt, that He hears and will answer. Inspiration for Joyful Living - Daily Christian Inspiration - Live, Love, Laugh, Trust God! The name yhwh is prominent in salvation oracles (Zep 3:14-17) and in petitions (Psalm 79:5, 9; 86:1). meaning “The Lord of Hosts” LAWGIVER…………………………Isaiah 33:22 He split the seas, and delivered His people straight through, away from all their enemies. HORN OF SALVATION………………….Luke 1:69, I AM………………………………Exodus 3:14, John 8:58 meaning “The Lord my shepherd” In our most difficult to painful times in life, we can crawl up into the lap of our heavenly Father, and know that He is for us, and His arms will hold us secure. meaning “The Lord thy sanctifier” The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. Sometimes it’s hard to know who we can trust, we may feel unsafe or uncertain in circumstances surrounding us. He never leaves us on our own to fend for ourselves. EVERLASTING FATHER…………………Isaiah 9:6, FAITHFUL & TRUE……………………Revelation 19:11 BREAD OF GOD………………….John 6:33 In the same vein may be found the question, "Who is like you?" You will learn about God's character, his nature, and how completely he cares for you. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. EL-SHADDAI…………Genesis 17:1,Psalm 91:1 LOVE……………………………1 John 4:8, MAN OF SORROWS…………………….Isaiah 53:3 You will learn about God's character, his nature, and how completely he cares for you. STONE………………………………1 Peter 2:8 Sometimes the healing doesn’t come in the timetable or way that we would choose, and that can be hard. JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD…………….Romans 6:23 If so, El Shaddai highlights God's invincible power. EL-OLAM……………Isaiah 40:28-31 SHEPHERD OF OUR SOULS………………..1Peter 2:25 GLORY OF THE LORD………………….Isaiah 40:5 He is the one on whom we can fully rely, He is Sovereign, He is the one we can completely trust. “Moses built an altar and called it The LORD is my Banner.” Exodus 17:15. The Names of God: 52 Bible Studies for Individuals and Groups. In the postexilic period the Jews, for reverence reasons, did not pronounce the name but substituted for it the word adonai (lord), and in written form attached these vowels to the tetragrammaton. While most translations obscure the names and titles of God by replacing them with just a few English words such as God, Lord, or LORD, The Names of God Bible restores the transliterations of ancient names—such as Yahweh, El Shadday, El Elyon, and Adonay—to help the reader better understand the rich meaning of God’s names that are found in the original Hebrew and Aramaic text. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. Just as a godly father’s presence in our daily lives is one of protection, security, and unconditional love, the constant presence of our heavenly Father is what gives us the strength and covering we need for this life’s journey. A world that seems hard some days, and often so full of struggles. God reveals Himself through His name. 33:27 ROSE OF SHARON………………………Song 2:1 Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? He believed in God’s character, and knew Him to be faithful, loving, and the God who will provide. ANOINTED ONE…………………Psalm 2:2 Evidence from Greek usage in the Christian era points to the two-syllable pronunciation, "Yahweh.". These are Great Names to Praise God. JEHOVAH–YAHWEH…..Genesis 2:4 HEIR OF ALL THINGS…………………Hebrews 1:2 Closely linked to temple services, twenty of its forty-five occurrences are in the Psalter. In covenant, matters such as justice (Isa 61:8) and holiness (Lev 19:2) have an extremely high profile. His amazing power is at work in every sunrise, every sunset, in the way He holds the stars in the sky, and carries His people through difficult times. ROCK……………………………….1 Cor.10:4 Sometimes we get our “needs” and “wants” mixed up, and other times He knows what is better for us than we even know ourselves. For quotations over 500 verses and/or questions about these policies, please email our Permissions Coordinator ([email protected]) or write to Baker Publishing Group, Attn. Abba Father is the word for God in the Lord's Prayer (Luke 11:2)  The epithet is strikingly frequent in John (108 times) and also in Matthew (forty times). Pray these truths back to Him, focus on one each day, or write them down in a place where you can be constantly reminded of His awesome presence in your life. Share It With A Friend: Get Daily Bible Verses Email - Inspirational Daily Devotional, Inspiration for Joyful Living - Daily Christian Inspiration. FAITHFUL WITNESS…………………..Revelation 1:5 Elohim [yihl\a] (God), a plural of Eloah [;H/l\a], occurs more than 2, 250 times, sometimes with an addition such as "God of Abraham/Israel" but mostly it is free standing. Contact/Advertise/Report      Christian Fridge Magnets (Wholesale & Retail)      PRIVACY, Terms, Bible Copyright JEHOVAH-RAPHA………Exodus 15:26 Alone with his son Isaac in the wilderness, He knew and trusted that God would provide for a sacrifice in place of his only child. The Bible also states that when using His name, it should be used with great seriousness. LIGHT OF THE WORLD………………..John 8:12 WISDOM OF GOD…………………………1 Cor. HEAD OF THE CHURCH…………………Ephesians 5:23 SERVANT…………………………….Isaiah 42:1 Studying what God’s Word says about all that He is can help us to understand his very nature and character even more. OUR PASSOVER LAMB……………………1 Cor. RULER OVER ISRAEL……………………Micah 5:2, SAVIOR……………………………..Luke 2:11 Just as God brought divine protection for the Israelites against their enemy, the Amalekites, He offers us protection and deliverance today from the enemies we may face in this life. The name yhwh is a name to which Israel can lay particular claim. California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. God’s Names List: God’s Names in the Bible, God’s Names and Meanings, God’s Names in Exodus, God’s Names in the Old Testament. In the midst of it all, He reminds us that He is our true peace, so we never need to fear. KING OF THE AGES…………………Revelation 15:3, LAMB OF GOD………………………John 1:29 It reminds us that God knows we’re in need of help, He understands we’re in need of healing, and He promises to redeem every broken place in our lives. JEHOVAH-SHALOM……..Judges 6:24 You can cancel anytime during the trial period. There's great power in a name. “Then Gideon built an altar there to the LORD and named it The LORD is Peace.” Judges 6:24. Galatians 4:6. CHRIST, SON OF LIVING GOD……….Matthew 16:16 In daily life struggles and battles, we sometimes just need to be reminded that God is still in control. From the Bible's first sentence the superlative nature of God's power is evident as God (Elohim)speaks a world into existence (Genesis 1:3 Genesis 1:6 Genesis 1:9). a reference to God’s divine salvation. Studying the names of God is one of the most uplifting Bible adventures a Christian can explore. What I mean is that I will try to share all the names with the best of my knowledge. Yahweh Yireh means “The Lord Will Provide” – God will provide for our needs. This list presents the biblical names of God and Jesus and where they are located in Scripture. COMMANDER……………………..Isaiah 55:4 LIVING WATER……………………..John 4:10 ANCIENT OF DAYS………………Daniel 7:9 II. If you need some extra reassurance today, find hope in His powerful name. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group. He offered His protection through desert days, and lovingly led them in the wilderness to the promised land. BREAD OF LIFE…………………John 6:35 Studying the names of God is one of the most uplifting Bible adventures a Christian can explore. FIRSTBORN (3)………………………………….Rom.8:29,Rev.1:5,Col.1:15 Enjoyed This Post? BRIDEGROOM……………………Isaiah 62:56 “Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." Each of those names of God represents a different aspect of God's many-faceted character. ", Learn Religions uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. SON OF MAN………………………….Matthew 8:20 He is the One who can be fully trusted, the One we can lean on, the One who cares about all that concerns us. The Names of God Bible (NOG) accurately translates the meaning of the original texts into clear, everyday language. PURIFIER……………………………Malachi 3:3, RABBONI (TEACHER)……………………John 20:16 An Extensive list of the names of God and what they mean. Gideon knew this well from a time that he and his people were surrounded by a fierce enemy. Have a wonderfully blessed day! KING OF KINGS……………………1 Timothy 6:15 GREAT SHEPHERD…………………….Hebrews 13:20 But as believers we still have this hope and assurance: we will live forever free in heaven, far away from the burdens we’ve carried here in this life. 20:7; Deut. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. meaning “The Lord who is present” He is the one who sees us when we feel lonely, all on our own, or when we just need the reminder that God is close. What are the scripture references to the names of God in the Bible? meaning “The Lord our healer” Enjoy, and give praise to Our Abba Father and Jehovah El-Elyon! The traditional rendering "God Almighty" is debated. God’s reminder is to all Him to be our banner, our protector, that One that is able to lead us and give us supernatural victory against forces and obstacles that come against us. The theological significance that attaches to the name yhwh is multiple. And we can find refuge and rest in His shadow. “So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. REDEEMER……………………………Job 19:25 He wants to know what we’re willing to lay down before Him, before He opens the doors of provision and blessing.