I realize that there is an annoying odor coming from the nail salon upstairs. "First off- Margo is amazing! I love to support my local businesses and I am used to Manhattan service and I receive that in this salon!! I had explained to her that my hair doesn't do or require much but i have very resistant grays and most rinses don't really work for me. Log In. Instead he’s preferred to focus on the task at hand, creating hairstyles that become cultural mainstays, like Lemonade braids and floor-length weaves. Setting appointments are easy and it's open on the weekends, yes, sundays too! My mom, who also attends the salon (she is a client of Dez another amazing stylist especially for natural hair), recommended I try Roger. Beyonce's hair stylist Neal Farinah is rightfully claiming his thrown as the king of Sasha Fierce's ***Flawless locks and I'm already bowing down. 7 Bold Lip Colors To Try Before The Year Is Out, 12 Trendy Gifts Your Friends Will Love This Season, Kick Off Your Holiday Shopping With This Coach Sale, Usher Shares First Photos Of His Newborn Daughter on 'Ellen'. If you want hair that looks runway ready, yet still healthy and easily maintained, definitely try Kisa. Despite styling the tresses of some of today’s biggest stars, including Mary J. Blige and Nicki Minaj — and the biggest star of all, Beyoncé — Neal has intentionally shied away from documenting his every move on social media. Of course I will be going back to Roger for as long as I can i need a permanent hair home again. Transformations happen daily! “Now, they have these different fancy names for it. I love to support my local businesses and I am used to Manhattan service and I receive that in this salon!! I love the ambiance and everyone is so nice and funny and friendly!!! He attended to all my needs and checked on me regularly. I come from Staten Island to this salon for my amazing hairstylist, Petal. My hair is relaxer-free, and she is able to straighten it without damaging my natural curl. “I just hope the industry changes, so they recognize us,” Farinah said. I always receive compliments on my hair & I owe it all to her. The salon is really nice. I haven't been in a while since Eric has moved to ATL. She listened, assessed and did the damn thing. I was attended to right away, Kisa was very pleasant, attentive, and professional. 169k Followers, 6,459 Following, 3,131 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Neal Farinah (@nealfarinah) I have a short hair cut and Neal does magic to my hair. I highly recommend this place .. Trust me! This is very bad for business because why should I go somewhere that's making me literally sick. Sun 9am - 4pm . I tried a full weave for the first time for fum, and even other hairstylists mistake it for my own hair because Kisa has a particular way of braiding and sewing that will have you looking llong locs are growing right out of your scalp! Oh that reminds me let me go make my next appoint!!!! I've been going to Neal Farinah Salon for over a year now, and Kisa Alexander is my stylist. Favorites. The…", "A few days ago I wrote a negative review driven by heightened emotions based on an…", See all 2 questions for Neal Farinah Salon. It's a small, quaint place but it still has an upscale feel to it. She's amazing and if anyone is looking for someone great with all healthy hair of all lengths please check her out. The service is on point and the…", "I see that there are some bad reviews. We don’t get endorsement like some others get endorsements or product line and stuff, because we are considered Black hairstylist,” Farinah shared with ESSENCE. Now for my HAIR!!! Let's just say that I am very picky about who does my hair and what I let them do with it. Hours. Even if you are in Manhattan ( I am and it is a quick visit off most lines). The atmosphere is pleasant, professional and relaxing. or. I've never gotten as many compliments on my hair...EVER!!! I have a short hair cut and she transforms my hair every time I sit in her chair. Every time I go there I'm greeted with a smile and treated with professionalism. I love it I got it cut by Desiree who is my stylist and I get non stop compliments and she is GREAT at styling she is also a sweet and welcoming person to be around and funny hunny!!! Well according to Farinah, he started the craze. She doesn't tell you she's going to do one thing and does something totally different (i.e. No complaints here! The end result...bangs to die for!!! After reading all of the amazing reviews, I couldn't wait to make my appt. I wanted to do my color over in a very specific way and he is the official colorist of the salon (I believe). I know I had a good experience. I'm a complete creature of habit... and needless to say, once I figured out Kisa was a keeper, I only wanted to get the same thing over and over again. Contact the business for more information about recent service changes. I haven't been in a while since Eric has moved to ATL. I love the ambiance and everyone is so nice and funny and friendly!!! I love Alex and her cutting skills! With that being said i have found my new hairdresser after YEARS of just going to someone because she was a friend of the family and being dissatisfied with the results. When I go into other nail salons that odor isn't present so what are they using up there that is making me feel sick?? I love to support my local businesses and I am used to Manhattan service and I receive that in this salon!! I was initially paired with Devon. I have now been there twice. Transformations happen daily!…. Neal Farinah Salon. She gives really intense scalp massages after washing, (intense in a good way)...so maybe that's part of it. About Neal Farinah. I was extremely pleased and I now feel completely comfortable giving her full creative control over my hair-and that's not often that a woman can say that!Kisa never disappoints! But most importantly, my hair looked great. But back then, we weren’t thinking about that,” he adds. Beyoncé's Long-Time Hairstylist, Neal Farinah Wants Black Artists to Finally Receive the Respect They Deserve. There’s one major hair trend in particular that Farinah says we have him to thank for although the world doesn’t know he was behind. I was in search of a new salon and found Neal Farinah here on Yelp. I just got my internet set up…". Happy client. Other. Now for my HAIR!!! As we know, it usually isn’t until a less melaninated individual does a hairstyle that it garners mainstream attention. While some do acknowledge how hard Black hairstylists work and how beautiful their work is, more people need to do so. Don't judge him off of previous reviews sometimes you have to give people a chance and he is well worth it. trims turning into cuts, etc...we all probably have stories to tell about this phenomenonL). The salon is very comfortable and laid back. After fruitlessly searching for the right stylist in New York for 4 years, I finally happened upon this gem of a salon, Neal Farinah Salon, and even better, this diamond quality stylist, Kisa Alexander. We specialize in all phases of hair and nail care. I was extremely pleased and I now feel completely comfortable giving her full creative control over my hair-and that's not often that a woman can say that! I come from Staten Island to this salon for my amazing hairstylist, Petal. Fri 10am - 7pm. 53 reviews of Neal Farinah Salon "I go to the Farina Salon every week and it is a very professional upscale salon in BROOKLYN!!! Love it!!! So glad that my favorite stylist Janelle is at Neal Farinah! I have NEVER left feeling disappointed. I always receive compliments on my hair & I owe it all to her. I receive compliments on my hair all the time and I have her to thank for it. Neal is extremely warm and welcoming! I wanted to do my color over in a very specific way and he is the official colorist of the salon (I believe). When you walk in you'll love the decor and you'll know this is the place to be. I tell  you I also hate being committed to any one stylist in particular..I like switching things up a bit..I may like one stylist for short do's and then I see that I may want another stylist to do my weave's and notbecause I have any dislike towards either stylist..I just want a change at times..nothing personal..am I the only person who feels this way...anyway I am starting off with Janelle I have worked with her before..She's like heaven on toast..very sweet disposition. I was so disappointed when she left Time, but now she is just up the block. I'm a complete creature of habit... and needless to say, once I figured out Kisa was a keeper, I only wanted to get the same thing over and over again. Kisa is the truth (5 stars for her...3.5 stars for the salon overall)!!!! I've since sent 4 other clients her way, and they have also fallen in love! Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I appreciate this quality because I too am not a chatty person. My mom, who also attends the salon (she is a client of Dez another amazing stylist especially for natural hair), recommended I try Roger. I go to the Farina Salon every week and it is a very professional upscale salon in BROOKLYN!!! I've also gone to Neal (the owner) who's amazing. I must also say that the receptionist is super friendly and sweet. Today, I came in to get a weave which is fabulous. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}, I am truly sick and tired of hairstylist and their attitudes like they are doing their clients a favor..I have come to this place 1x..I had a 10 o clock appointment and i wasn't seen until 12pm and wasnt acknowledge..I waited ONLY because I had a dinner to attend that evening.. Roger was very quiet initially after consulting with me on what I wanted done but by the end he was a lot warmer. I don't trust others with my hair since I went natural but I received a cut from, My wait wasn't very long; after a few minutes. People always stop and ask me , "where do you get your hair done at?". They made me feel very welcomed. Neal was traveling and not available so thanks to yelp's reviews i decided to make an appt w/ Kisa. Remember when everyone was rocking ombre hair? Sign Up. She is very attentive to detail and does everything with precision.I recently wanted to add color to the front of my hair and was unsure of what color to choose. 709 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY, 11217, United States (718) 522-0557 [email protected]. sent me to the back to get my hair washed and blow-dryed. She is very attentive to detail and does everything with precision. When somebody else comes and does it, guess what they become an overnight sensation. Wed 10am - 7pm. Yoshi is pretty awesome. Neal Farinah sits down with Media Personality Mushaka to discuss his journey to becoming a leading iconic hair stylist. He is the best hair stylist I have ever had. Especially, in this industry,” Farinah told ESSENCE. I have been coming to the salon for about 5-6 years and have gone to, "I almost don't want to review this place because I'm afraid it'll get too popular and I won't be able to make same-day appointments with Yoshi again. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Whether praised for their contributions or not, we’re confident that Black hairstyles will continue to dictate the trends and push our culture forward.