It very well could be! The choice of the pack either gets you one or two satellites (MK62 and MK63, respectively). When they first started to appear, Wi-Fi 6 routers were exceptionally expensive, and mesh systems even more so. This is made up of 600Mbits/sec at 2.4GHz and 1,200Mbits/sec at 5GHz. It's not for everyone then, but those with the right cabling or on a tight budget will find a lot to like. Security: WiFi 6 routers support the latest generation of WPA (WiFi Protected Access), which deprecates legacy protocols that were prone to manipulation, and makes it easier to cut off an unwanted user’s access to your network if they crack your password. This means that all available bandwidth has to be shared between your devices and communication between satellites. So I decided to buy the Nighthawk MK62 as soon as I saw it announced and to my surprise even it is only 2 units it covers my entire house without problem plus I have not seen a dropped connection again. We’ll always tell you what we find. Connectivity: WiFi 6 routers are better at allocating bandwidth between multiple devices by breaking up chunks of the wireless spectrum into smaller bits called subchannels. The satellites have just one Ethernet port each. Tags MK63 Netgear NETGEAR Nighthawk® Mesh WiFi 6 System (MK63) Review reviews. With more and more phones, like the One Plus 8 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S10, and more and more laptops like the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 and the Dell XPS 13 (2020) featuring Wi-Fi 6-compliant radios, there’s never been a better time to invest in a Wi-Fi 6 router or mesh system for your home. This 'feature' is intended to make the reconnecting to either band without intervention as portable devices like your phone or tablet are moved around the wifi mesh. Note: We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site, at no extra cost to you. Once the router’s up and running and you’ve changed the SSID, network and the admin passwords, you’ll then need to set up your satellite(s). The Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System units are sturdy-looking reflective black mesas with snazzy angular undulating designs on the top. Speed: In terms of speed, WiFi 6 maxes out at 600Mbps (megabytes per second) on the 2.4Ghz spectrum, and 9608Mbps on the 5.0Ghz spectrum. I, like so many others, have a problem with devices dropping, some times just for a few seconds, sometimes requiring a reboot. If you’d like a single, secure router that can create a fast, medium-sized network, the AX56U is the right choice. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. A new system arrived in a few days which I set up in parallel with my Linksys system allowing 48 hours before proceeding. A Netgear Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system consists of a single router and however many satellite devices you need to increase coverage throughout your home. Many of these devices require an app on a phone or tablet for their setup and require that device to be connected to the 2.4GHz wifi band which is not possible in the current design as phones and tablets are designed to connect to the best available wifi signal and I have found no way to change this behavior. In my experience, the MX5 has been able to supply a two-floor condo (plus basement) with extremely fast internet. NETGEAR Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System (MK62) - AX1800 router... NETGEAR Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System (MK62) - AX1800 router with 1 satellite extender, coverage up to 3,000 sq. With the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System, Netgear promises to make next-gen home networking affordable for us mere mortals. Can we expect pro-level performance from this system or … Soon every router will be WiFi 6 and mesh if you need that. MacBook Air with M1 release date, pricing, features and design news, Why Clearpay created its own Pantone colour, "Encore une chose" : ce que Apple a annoncé lors de sa 3ème keynote. I had the first gen Google Wifi mesh router, so I was only upgrading for the WIFI 6. This was designed for children, but it could be a useful tactic to help adults know it’s time to start winding down before bed. Spend a bit more and you can get the TP-Link Deco X60, which has far more features and better performance. NETGEAR has released the newest product to take on the venerated Nighthawk mantel, the Nighthawk AX1800 Mesh WiFi 6 System. Because WiFi 6 was just ratified recently, getting a router that supports it now means you won’t have to replace it for a pretty long time. Linksys’ MX5 is the WiFi 6 router I’ve been testing for months, and it’s the best one I’ve ever used. Related: Should you buy a Wi-Fi 6 router? See all details for NETGEAR Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System (MK62) - AX1800 router... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.