Different religious groups include different books within their canons, in different orders, and sometimes divide or combine books, or incorporate additional material into canonical books. Reviewed in the United States on April 18, 2018. But there are plenty of people mentioned in the New Testament that can slip by us unnoticed. Who knows how many times Luke treated Paul as he healed from terrible wounds to his back? He gave those gifts to God. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Yet Paul commended him as a faithful and dearly loved brother, adding “he is one of you.” The cross unites what the world would keep separate. It reminds me a little of an ordination service, where the pastor preaches a message that is directed to the candidate. While it is not revealing, it is one of those that stops just short of being so. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Powered by, Revised Douay-Rheims Bible ('you' version). Nympha opened up her home and let the church meet there. Shop to Feed and Protect Refugee Children, Shop to Provide Toys for Children in Need, Shop to Support Wildlife & the Environment. With a small boy’s packed lunch of bread and fish, Jesus was able to feed more than 5000 men alone. Characters include:Jesus of Nazareth,Paul of Tarsus,Peter,John the Baptist,Mary Magdalene and more When in the early church needy families had rivalries, and distribution of church alms was inconsistent, the apostles chose from the congregation seven men. The borrowed tomb of Joseph of Arimathea became the empty tomb that would prove Christ’s resurrection. Aristarchus, Archippus, Nympha, Justus… just a few of the Bible’s unsung heroes, “unsung” because they were primarily focused on making sure that the praises of Jesus Christ were sung by people from all tribes, tongues, and nations. Mark fell, but he got back up. … as does Mark, Barnabas’ cousin (concerning whom you have received instructions: if he comes to you, welcome him)…. John The Baptist, Calling, Reaching The Lost, Identity, Message, Heroes New Testament. Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2017. But what about the rest? I WANT HIM TO GROW UP KNOWING ABOUT JESUS AND THE BIBLE. But Christ can take the most ordinary thing and shape it into a tool for the advancement of His kingdom. Please make sure all fields are filled out. There is a picture of Eve being tempted by the serpent. When your most passionate desire is that Christ’s praises be sung, you too can be an unsung hero. When the other disciples are terrified of returning to Judea – where the local Jews had attempted to stone Jesus himself – Thomas declares his loyalty (and his eventual fate) by saying “Let us also go, that we may die with him!” When Jesus rises, though he does not first believe, Thomas is the first of the disciples to declare Christ’s singular divinity, calling him “my Lord and my God!” Receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, Thomas boldly proclaimed the Gospel in Jerusalem with the other apostles.