Smallmouth Bass with a Yum Christie Craw. “My favorite river is the Nolichucky,” he said. stream, tumbles through one of the deepest gorges in the East. You are trying to access a feature that requires a Fishidy account. No idea how I caught this fish in the river ... Beautiful crappie I caught couldn't believe I caught it in the river.... it was 15" long. Smallmouth Bass with a 4" Yum Dinger, Nice fatty I caught , was so big I thought I was hung up lol, My 4 year old son caught frog on accident then realed this monster in lol. 2; up for the Blue Ridge Highlander Newsletter, Messages from the Mountains, Great Mountain Attractions and Destinations, Magazine, Virtual Tours and Scenic Road Trips, Living Green and Eco Friendly in the Mountains, Mysteries, Myths and Legends in the Mountains, Conference, Meeting and Retreat Facilities, Vineyards  •  Wineries  •  Tasting Rooms, Theatre  •  Concerts  •  Mountain Entertainment, Blue Ridge Highlander Mountain Emporium and Art Gallery, Artists, Art Galleries and Art Associations in the Mountains, Museums, History and Culture in the Mountains, Rivers, Creeks and Trout Streams in the Mountains. Just after the crest of a hill 2.4 miles from the "T" intersection you'll come to Chestoa Road. The Nolichucky river is home to a large population of smallmouth, big trout and plenty of native red-horse or red-tails. We often see wildlife such as eagles, osprey, heron, black bear, fox, turkey and other critters. #4.24.0. From the town of Erwin, the river changes character significantly. Mountain Lather, All Natural Handmade Goat's Milk Soap. to North Carolina's Rivers and Creeks, Highlander Privacy Our trips begin from here and work their way down river towards Limestone, Tennessee. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp, then left at the "T" intersection you hit almost immediately. 8 oz. to find out first about our new feature stories, road trips and special offers. Sign We provide guided fishing trips in the region’s wide variety of rivers and small streams targeting some of the bass fishing and trout fishing the country has to offer. Policy. Hooked and lost a much bigger Smallmouth in the same area. up for the Blue Ridge Highlander Newsletter, Messages from the Mountains, Sign Most people travel 8 miles from Poplar Boat launch to The Nolichucky River, a wild, free-flowing stream, … The Nolichucky River, a wild, free-flowing Nolichucky River Smallmouth Fishing: From its origin in North Carolina at the confluence of the Toe and Cane Rivers, the “Chucky”, as the locals call it, comes out of the rugged mountains into the quiet town of Erwin, Tennessee. Watauga Lake, located southeast of Elizabethton, Tennessee, is the local name of the Watauga Reservoir created by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) with the 1948 completion of the TVA Watauga Dam. All I have to say to this is lol. of the Pisgah National Forest. Nolichucky River Smallmouth Fishing: From its origin in North Carolina at the confluence of the Toe and Cane Rivers, the “Chucky”, as the locals call it, comes out of the rugged mountains into the quiet town of Erwin, Tennessee. Click the feathers to go to the Highlander site 2; Details; Thomas and Ashlee Roark. Watauga Lake, located southeast of Elizabethton, Tennessee, is the local name of the Watauga Reservoir created by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) with the 1948 completion of the TVA Watauga Dam. Nolichucky River Fishing Reports Recently shared catches and fishing spots. up for the Blue Ridge Highlander Newsletter, Messages from the Mountains Another ten mile run from Riverview to Embreeville is a nice Class 1 paddle. The Adventure Collective publishes a series of outdoor adventure sports guides to adventures in Asheville, Boone, Brevard, Chattanooga, Charleston and The Great Smoky Mountains. 4mos ago - Nolichucky River. The “Noli” is debatably the most beautiful freestone river Western North Carolina and East Tennessee have to offer. The Nolichucky is hidden in the mountains of North Carolina on the Tennessee border near the tiny town of Erwin, Tennessee. Smallmouth Fishing The Nolichucky River Fishing the Noli is exciting all year round. Watauga Lake. Getaway to the mountains and discover the creativity within. Turn right onto it and follow it one mile to the bridge over the Nolichucky. The Nolichucky will contend with any smallmouth bass river for its wonderful mountainous views and variety of fish. I put in at Huntdale and take out at the U.S. Forest Service ramp at Poplar, and that gives a good day’s fishing.” The technical Sign in to your account to find other friends and anglers who are using Fishidy. The run from Poplar to the railroad bridge near Erwin is nine miles of Class 3-4 white water. map... Great Mountain Attractions and Destinations      Links to All Highlander Advertisers, Blue Ridge Highlander Mountain Emporium  Art Gallery  Photo Gallery  Handmade Products  Book Store, Magazine, Virtual Tours and Scenic Road Trips    Creative Mountain Classes     Just for Kids, Living Green and Eco Friendly in the Mountains     Gardening in the Mountains      Mountain Recipes, Mountain and Native American History     Nathanael O. Smith - Storyteller     Mysteries, Myths and Legends in the Mountains, Mountain Cathedral     Charities and Fundraisers, Adventure  •  Art  •  Cooking  •  Corporate  •  Family  •  Friend  •  Yoga  •  Wellness  •  Youth, North Georgia Mountains     Western North Carolina Mountains, Up Country South Carolina     Tennessee River Valley and Mountains, Great Smoky Mountains     Blue Ridge Parkway, Real Estate  •  Log Homes  •  Cabins  •  Homes  •  Land  •  Acreage  •  Commercial Real Estate, North Georgia Mountain Real Estate     Western North Carolina Real Estate, Tennessee River Valley and Smoky Mountain Real Estate, Interior Design and Furniture Shops     Schools in the Mountains, Log Cabin Rentals  •  Vacation Rentals  •   Resorts   •   Condos   •   Inns   •   Hotels   •   Bed and Breakfasts, Luxury Resorts and Spas in the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains, North Georgia Mountain Lodging     Western North Carolina Lodging     Tennessee River Valley Lodging, Plan a Mountain Wedding or Gatherings     Conference, Meeting and Retreat Facilities, Vineyards  •  Wineries  •  Tasting Rooms     Agri-Tourism     Farmer's Markets, Yoga Retreats  •  Spas in the Mountains, Events and Festivals in the Mountains     Theatre  •  Concerts  •  Mountain Entertainment, Restaurants, Dining and Catering in the Mountains, Shopping in the Mountains     Blue Ridge Highlander Mountain Emporium and Art Gallery, Artists, Art Galleries and Art Associations in the Mountains     Museums, History and Culture in the Mountains, Family Fun in the Mountains     Just for Kids, Mountain Adventure     Horseback Riding, Stables and Trails     Mountain Bike Trails, White Water Rafting and Adventure     Zipline  •  Canopy Tours     Fishing in the Mountains, Boating and Marinas      Camping and RV Parks     ORV Adventures, Scenic Mountain Drives     Mountain Golf Courses     Mountain Day Use and Picnic Areas, National Parks in the Mountains     National Forest Service in the Mountains     State Parks in the Mountains, Waterfalls in the Mountains     Lakes in the Mountains     Rivers, Creeks and Trout Streams in the Mountains, Nature and Wildlife in the Mountains     Mountain Birding     Hiking Trails in the Mountains, Home     Site Map     Advertise on the Highlander     Link to the Highlander     Contact the Publisher, Legal     Privacy Policy     Copyright Policy, The Blue Ridge Highlander logo, all photography, design, graphics, artwork,