It is also good used as a potted plant. On Mar 13, 2006, 1wish_n_well from Houston, TX wrote: A neighbor gave me starts last fall when she cut hers back. A2697-2. The clump has spread out and added stalks every year, but I wouldn't describe it as aggressive at all. Gives incredible flower power to the garden border, capable of over 100 flowers on a mature plant…. You can frequently "pre-order" plants, and they will ship it for you once they bring it into EU. Sword shaped leaves develop as the tall inflorescens of white, rose and brown flowers reaches full bloom in the late spring. I have to keep it in a pot since it will not survive the winter in my zone 7a. 2N134 Addison Road Villa Park, IL 60181-1191. One can see what appears to be a nun with head bowed in prayer. ©TTmagazine.info, 2007 - Using TopTropicals.com images, Link to this plant: https://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/phaius_tankervilleae.htm, Origin: Southern China, North India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and the Pacific Islands. WITH NO DAMAGE AT ALL. The species produces a new plant on a short bulb-like runner every year and flowers magnificently during March and April. © Flowerwood Nursery Inc. Site designed and managed by Optera Creative. Search Results for: plant/nuns_orchid. Each year it dies back in the winter. Orchid Inn, IL - Specializing in Paph and Phrag plants/flasks - update monthly! Qualifying purchases could enjoy No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. …surrounding an orange cone-shaped button center. A wonderful little selection with a fresh appearance. Phaius australis is one of the largest species of ground orchids in Australia. $29.95. Sterile and self-cleaning,…. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Small flowers appear in great profusion in fall on this compact conical camellia. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. On Feb 16, 2007, Lily_love from Central, AL (Zone 7b) wrote: Nun's Orchid; my guide to Davegarden! – The Daily South | Your Hub for Southern Culture, How To Grow and Care For The Phaius Nun Orchid, Chicago Botanic Garden Orchid Show - Illinois Orchid Society, Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1. The genus includes Australia’s largest terrestrial orchid and although htey are not widely offered for sale,these are a very attractive orchid for those who have the appropriate conditions. Plant Availability — Loxley, AL Plant Availability — Mobile/Grand Bay, AL Plant Availability — Ranburne, AL Plant Availability —…. On Dec 17, 2004, JaxFlaGardener from Jacksonville, FL (Zone 8b) wrote: This plant is one of my favorites. Plays well with succulents, and makes a great container plant…. Orchids for sale online | Logee's has a large variety of rare, exotic and tropical orchids for sale. Also known as ‘Lady Tankerville’s Swamp Orchid’. On Nov 4, 2008, mjsponies from DeLand/Deleon Springs, FL (Zone 8b) wrote: Just bought two of these at an Orchid show here in Deland. If it is rare in EU, you might look for international vendors visiting orchid shows in EU. Orchid Master, FL - High quality award winning potted orchid plants provider Orchid Trail, NC - Orchids for Sale, Seedlings to Mature. Creamy yellow flower spikes compliment the fine foliage from autumn through…, Carex oshimensis ‘Eversheen’ is a superb ground cover and container plant with distinctive lime yellow striped foliage. The PayPal Credit account is issued by Synchrony Bank. Nun’s Orchid Impressive terrestrial orchid with graceful strap-like foliage. AFTER THEY BLOOMED, I LET THE NEW SIDE SHOOTS GET ABOUT 2/3 FULL SIZE THEN CUT THE OLD GROWTH OFF. Use it for mass plantings or as a speciment in part shade. One problem, they appear to set and develop flowers during the autumn and winter, and then blooms in the spring. There are 7 items available. They were in kinda sad shape, so am looking for ideas on what to do to help them along. Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater, Allow pods to dry on plant; break open to collect seeds. It prefers shade and can take a long dry period before the flowering season. Next Winter, I will find some way to put a cloche/bell jar type cover over the emerging flower spikes to better protect them. View cart for details. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. The species produces a new plant on a short bulb-like runner every year and flowers magnificently during March and April. I placed my plant in my greenhouse this winter and it never died back and is full of stalks with gorgeous fragrant blooms. On Jan 15, 2003, Terry from Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 7a) wrote: This terrestrial orchid is relatively easy-to-grow, as a houseplant (or outdoors in very mild climates) Will need some cool temperatures to encourage blooming. 1. Very healthy and about 3-4 ft long stalk of vibrant food beautiful flowers . (Hot sun burns the leaves.) I use ... read more, A small feral colony lives in Socorro, NM. And it's only early March. I potted this in orchid-mix … Lush, wide ,tall green leaves! THERE WERE 10 BLOOM SPIKES ON 5 PLANTS IN THE POT. Contact Us, Bletilla striata – Chinese Ground Orchids, Spider Orchids – Caladenia (syn. low-growing perennial with succulent leaves and hot pink and orange blooms that cover the plant beginning in summer. Hopefully it'll bloom again for me. THIS YEAR, WE HAVE 9 BLOOM SPIKES ON THOSE 5 NEW PLANTS. 40 members have or want this plant for trade. Items 1 to 24 of 36 total . Flowers emerge soon after the last frost in our area (around March 1) and remain in spike for several weeks. It blooms once a year, in late winter and early spring. The foliage by itself has a nice hos... read moreta look almost year round, depending on how tough our winter is. Does well in compact pots in organic compost. This orchid does well in my shady area outdoors from late spring until late fall here on my 7-8 USDA zone. Arachnorchis). Earn up to 5x points when you use your eBay Mastercard®. Heat and drought tolerant, low-growing perennial with succulent leaves and bright pink blooms that cover the plant beginning in summer. I purchased this plant last summer, the friendly nurserymen referred me to Davesgarden website for more information. I love this plant! - Only 1 heat pack per order is necessary. I'll try to get some pics today and see if anyone has any suggestions. Impressive terrestrial orchid with graceful strap-like foliage. this vigorous plant bears up to 100 stems topped with spheres of white flowers per plant per season – all bursting forth together to create masses of long-lasting white blooms…. View Images. The lovely foliage returned this spring, but no flowers. Nun's Orchid; my guide to Davegarden! Fast shipping but the plant was not worth it. A2697-2. She said she always cuts hers way back after the blooms go. Bc Orchid Green Bird (Brassavola x Cattleya hybrid) …