No excuse. 5. What do you think I did wrong?Also given 3 cups of flour, I felt one cup of methi was too little to create the drama. Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. Serve these healthy oats rotis immediately to enjoy their texture. We suggest the use of peanut oil to cook these oats rotis, as the MUFA content in this oil helps to reduce inflammation in the arteries and thus protect the heart. (6") in length and 25 mm. What makes the oats roti healthy? This is because it gives the necessary binding, else the muthia will break open while steaming. Sleep helps your body to recover. Many of these recipes are inspired by my Mum's upbringing in India and my Dad's East-African Indian influence. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet. Two tbsp of semolina, though refined, has been in these muthia. We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds or a cucumber and pudina raita. 4. rather than refined ones like maida. Remove and keep aside to cool slightly for 10 minutes. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of approximately 150 mm. Oats rotis are excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levles as they are a low GI food. View Mailer Archive. Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member. A steamed low cal snack with the goodness of fibre from oats and ready for serving in just 10 minutes... Worth a try!! 8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet. This is because it gives the necessary binding, else the muthia will break open while steaming. Oats roti is made from a combination of 1 cup healthy whole wheat four and 1/2 cup rolled oats. This is not true. Then the oats chapatti is cooked on a non stick tava. Will try this for sure. Steam in a steamer on a high flame for 10 minutes. ❼ Green chilli, ginger and garlic paste or minced. Cut into 12 mm. Both these ingredients are fairly suitable for diabetics and healthy heart as well. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes. For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account. Being low in calories these rotis are good for persons on low calorie diet and weight-watchers. They last longer too right.. Love the pics. Sleep early and get up early. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual. Pour the tempering over the oats muthia pieces and toss it lightly. What is wholemeal flour? One serving of  Oats Roti provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories. The new GDPR law states that whatever comments you leave on our blog will be viewed by everyone who visits JCO and your consent is given to the visitor to view your profile. Oats is generally considered to be very good for health. 1. Oats are a rich source of soluble fibre 'beta-glucan', which is a potent cholesterol-lowering agent. Thank you very much for visiting JCO, We really appreciate your comments and suggestions. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member. (6") in length and 25 mm. 1. Please keep posting your thoughts and feedback and review recipes you have loved. What goes in Oats, Juwar and Methi Thepla. Oats are not only rich in fibre but, good for people suffering from diabetes and blood pressure. Check out this article on. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Don't want to use jowar flour? 5. ● Divide the dough into equal portions and make balls. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. It makes for an easy thing to prepare. Deepa , thanks for your feedback. Add bajra or ragi flour. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. ❶ Oats - you can use old fashioned oats, quick-cooking oats or instant oats. If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. The fiber in them helps to keep cholesterol under check and curb weight gain too. To whole wheat flour we add oats, onions, green chillies and coriander to make the dough for oats chapatti. How to burn 77 calories that come from one Oats Roti? May add a pinch of sugar or jaggery powder for a unique taste. The oats methi muthia is also a winner in the flavour and aroma categories, and will go on to top the charts if you serve with green chutney for added zing!Learn to make oats methi muthia recipe | steamed Gujarati savoury snack | healthy oats fenugreek dumplings | with step by step photos and video below. The fiber in them helps to keep cholesterol under check and curb weight gain too. Salt and blood pressure. I roasted the besan too. Thank you Jagruti....grateful for your reply. As theplas are savoury and already packed with flavours, you can enjoy as it is but for a heavenly combination serve with. What is a healthy accompaniment to this roti? Happy Cooking. Pair your oats roti with some healthy subzis and healthy dals to make healthful meal. 7. That is a diffferent matter, But please tell me where I may have fallen short. 4. Sushma, I used jumbo whole rolled oats from Jordan's. green chilli, garlic and ginger paste, 1 cup finely chopped fresh methi and coriander. Which oats did you use here? If methi is not available use other green leafy such as spinach, dill or amaranth. Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of approximately 150 mm. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. My family is a big fan of paratha would live to try this for them.. thanks for sharing it with us! Privacy Policy: We never give away your email, https://www.tarladalal.comOats-Methi-Muthia-39094r, I tried this receipe and it turned out to b easy and delicious. Thanks Jee. Oats Methi Muthia recipe with step by step photos, You are not signed in. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Insert a knife in the center to check if it comes out clean and the oats muthias are cooked well or no. If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. (1") in diameter. Stay lean and happy. The Muthiya or Muthia are popular Gujarati savoury snacks. You may freeze the dough in the freezer and thaw properly before making the thepla. I love thepla's.. To post a private recipe note requires you to, You are not signed in. For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account. Two tbsp of semolina, though refined, has been in these muthia. Preparation Time: 5 mins   Cooking Time: 13 mins   Total Time: 18 mins     One serving of Oats Roti gives 77 calories. Click OK to sign out from tarladalal. Oats, whole wheat flour, onions and peanut oil. I am sure these will be super handy during long distance travel. Add 1-2 tbsp water if required to combine the dough. Oats abounds in beta-glucagon which delays the rise in blood glucose levels, while the fenugreek is known to improve insulin response. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Steaming ensures minimal use of oil making this a great option for weight-watchers too. Wholesome and healthy. REGISTER NOW If you are a new user. Pour the tempering over the muthia pieces and toss it lightly. Browse through all the blog posts over the years. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. is an easy simple recipe to make. beta-glucagon which delays the rise in blood glucose levels I'm Hayley, daughter of Jagruti. Glad you liked this healthy muthia. Maybe that? They are mostly steamed and very nutritious but, you can even fry them to make a crispy evening snack. Hi Shama , we are delighted you loved the Oats Methi Muthia recipe. Oats Methi Muthia (Diabetic and Heart-Friendly) Video by Tarla Dalal. I'm Hayley, daughter of Jagruti. To whole wheat flour we add oats, onions, green chillies and coriander to make the dough for oats chapatti. The instant oats? Out of which carbohydrates comprise 49 calories, proteins account for 9 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 21 calories. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. These taste fabulous when they are hot and fresh, however, they store well for a couple of days in an airtight container at room temperature. Hi! 3. View Mailer Archive. PLEASE NOTE THAT INCLUDING YOUR WEBSITE LINK IN THE COMMENT WILL RESULT IN YOUR COMMENT BEING DELETED.We hope to see you again soon, have a great day! Oats are a whole-grain food and are known scientifically as Avena sativa. 2. Oats come with a host of benefits like regulating blood sugar level, reducing the risk of heart diseases among other things. An excellent Antioxidant that whole wheat flour has is Vitamin B1, which will fight against free radicals that do damage to the body. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Oat groats are the most whole form of oats and take a long time to cook compared to (most people prefer) rolled, crushed or steel-cut oats. Oats may help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes since their soluble fibre helps control blood sugar. When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds. Smearing ghee will only take about 1 gram of oil per roti. See here for benefits of oats. Both these ingredients are fairly suitable for. Be the first to receive sumptuous mithai recipe e-book in your Inbox, Tandrjo Keri Thepla - amaranth leaves and mango Thepla, Multigrain Butter Nut Squash Achari Thepla, Suwari / Suvari - Gujarati style sweet and deep fried thin Crackers, 1 cup whole wheat flour ( I used wholemeal flour ), 3-4 tbsp. ◆ Oats help you feel fuller longer, which helps control your weight, also it helps in lowering the blood pressure. Such a healthy and hearty partha! They have been washed and chopped before adding to the muthia dough. However, the benefits that … Very healthy and delicious thepla.. Gorgeous presentation too!! Oats are protein rich and and rich in soulble fiber makeing a great option for heart patients.