Valid only in US. Most brands of acrylic paint offer dozens of different colors to choose from. This isn't true, however. Acrylic Painting Supplies. All photos, images and text are copyright protected. The best thing is that they are quite affordable and contain all the acrylic painting supplies that you need in one compact set. Who needs to buy grey paint? Paint Rollers by Application There are a variety of paint rollers out there for different applications. For doors and cabinets, you should use a mini roller that can get to hard-to-reach, tight spaces. Exclusions subject to change. Take your acrylic painting to the next level with these recommended courses from my favorite learning platforms, Skillshare and The Great Courses Plus! Paint sprayers are ideal for empty rooms and large spaces like exterior siding. Watercolor Paint Colors to Start . No promo code required. Choosing the Right Paint Brush Working on an interior paint project and not sure which brush to use? Shop brushes, canvas, paint and mediums for every skill level and start your next work of art today. There are a few different acrylic painting sets that come with pretty much everything you need to get started with acrylics. Limited to stock on hand. Those 2oz tubes can last a loooong time, depending on whether you paint large or small. Use microfiber for smooth to medium textures. But if you can, buy a tube or two of the Artist Quality paints as well, so that you can see and feel the difference for yourself. To do most of my art lessons, you’ll need the following basics… Paper. Shop our variety of painting supplies to create all kinds of art. I've also included a list of some extra artist supplies … I personally use Golden, Liquitex, and Winsor-Newton. This tactic will save you money in the long run. I would recommend that you have these 10 basic colors to start out with: You can freely mix these 10 basic colors to create many of the other colors you will need. Foam: Ideal for furniture, cabinetry and trim, foam absorbs all paint types, stains and urethanes. That way you can decide if you like the brand before investing in more. For rougher surfaces, choose rollers with a nap of 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch. You can also read an overview of these basic art supplies for acrylic painting. In fact, you can even start off with as few as 6 colors, as evidenced by the Acrylic sets below. Don't get seduced by all the paint colors available. The 3 most important artist supplies you will need are acrylic paint, paintbrushes, and a painting surface such as canvas or wood panels.