Thanks, Chris! Since I have already made a sweet Pamonha Cake last year, our recipe for today is a savory version. RECIPE - Bolinhos de Bacalhau (Salt Cod Balls), Techniques - Desalting Salt Cod (Bacalhau), The Foods of Easter in Brazil - Salt Cod (Bacalhau), The Foods of Easter in Brazil - Chocolate Easter Eggs, RECIPE - Feijoada (Classic, Traditional Recipe). Wonder if there is a book about these? I know, tamales are a Mexican dish — but Brazil also has its own version. Love it! Oh mine, pinned! Selection Factors — Inclusion . Grease the bottom and sides of a 12 x 7-inch ovenproof dish ( 30.5 x 18 cm) and pour in half of the blended mixture. Bạn có thể xem qua bảng giá giao hàng nhanh của chúng tôi để so sánh giá. This recipe is much easier and quicker than the traditional pamonha. Pamonha varieties may be filled with meat, or there are even sweet varieties with coconut or condensed milk. PLEASE SEE MY _FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY_ FOR DETAILS, Pamonha de Forno Goiana (or Brazilian Tamale Casserole) is a variation of a classic made from corn, sausage, and cheese. It is much easier than the traditional dish…. So a Brazilian Tamale Casserole or Pamonha de Forno Goiana  is the dish that I am sharing with you today. Looks super delicious with the corn and the sausage, creamy, sweet and salty. Comment and rate the recipe. Your photography was holding me over for a while! Tamales are made from masa (a starchy dough, hominy-based) while pamonha is made from fresh yellow corn. Required fields are marked *, Recipes | Brazilian Recipes | Contact | Privacy Policy. The End of an Era: Sokolowski’s University Inn Closing? Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Tamal vs. tamale. P.S : I was not able to read or comment on your posts for some time. Pamonhas can be savoury or sweet, the latter being the norm in Northeastern Brazil and in the state of Rio de Janeiro. Đảm bảo giá của chúng tôi sẽ rẻ hơn các nơi khác. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. One of the most popular corn-centric Junina dishes, and one you can make easily in the US, is the pamonha, a relative of the Mexican tamale. Thank you for stopping by, Shashi! Today, when I tried, it went through. Thanks, Nazneen! I love the way you garnished the top! 3. Tamales are wrapped in dry corn husks, while traditionally pamonha is wrapped in fresh corn husks (although our recipe is not wrapped but baked in the oven). It is naturally gluten-free and as delicious as the traditional dish, but much quicker and easier to prepare. Obrigada por me fazer viajar sem sair do lugar. The similarity between them lies in the fact that both tamales and pamonha can be either savory or sweet. 2. Welcome to FBTY!!! We’re two Midwestern omnivores, L and M, who are trying to eat food from every country in the world (at restaurants in both the US and abroad). It is good to have you stopping by. Thanks for stopping by…I love when my people visit me here.