(Present perfect tense) Following are the different forms of the verb ‘stand’. For example, "I stood outside waiting for the doors to open. In addition, the "let's" form is used with wir. It doesn't have to be complex, just simple, short statements such as these: There are many past tense forms of German verbs, but the most common is the simple past tense (imperfekt). When the action of "standing" happened before some other action in the past, you will use the past perfect tense (plusquamperfekt). The past and past participle of stand is ‘stood’. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Stand means: have or maintain an upright position, supported by one’s feet, Example Sentences with Stand, Stood V1 V2 V3. means "He's going to stand tomorrow.". Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hyde Flippo taught the German language for 28 years at high school and college levels and published several books on the German language and culture. By using ThoughtCo, you accept our, German Verb Conjugation of Sprechen (To Speak), The Conjugation of "Werden" (to become) in German, How to Conjugate the German Verb "Laufen" (to Run, Walk), How to Conjugate the German Verb "Heissen" (to Call), How to Conjugate "Geben" (to Give) in German, How to Conjugate "Beginnen" (to Begin) in German, How to Conjugate the Verb "Helfen" (to Help), Bleiben (To Stay) German Verb Conjugations, Conjugating the German Verb Sehen, Meaning 'to See', How to Conjugate the German Verb Nehmen (to Take). Conjugate the English verb stand: indicative, past tense, participle, present perfect, gerund, conjugation models and irregular verbs. Many times, it helps your memorization of verb conjugations if you practice them within a sentence. Another past tense form of stehen is the compound past tense, otherwise known as the present perfect (perfekt). The third-person singular simple present indicative form of stand is stands. The Subjunctive I (Konjunktiv I) is based on the infinitive form of the verb. Principal Parts: stehen -  stand - gestanden. Rare in conversational use, the Subjunctive I is often seen in newspapers, usually in the third person. stand verb conjugation to all tenses, modes and persons. The past participle of stand is stood. How to Conjugate "Stehen" (to Stand) in German. The present participle of stand is standing. Feeling less self-conscious he stood up and ambled jadedly towards Finn, placing his hands limply around her shoulders. Translate stand in context, with examples of use and definition. The German verb stehen means "to stand." These conjugations allow you to say things like "I am standing" and "we are standing" and you'll use these frequently. stand to守(約, 條件等); 繼續做下去; 准備行動; 堅決主張; 堅持; 進入陣地 stand to lose [win] 一定[可能]會輸[贏] stand treat(to) 作東, 請客 The past tense of stand is stood. This is similar to the present progressive in English: Er steht morgen an. This is the primary way that you will say "stood" so it's good to concentrate on these words and commit them to memory. Another past tense form of stehen is the compound past tense, otherwise known as the present perfect (perfekt).