And when we experience that silence, we remember who we are.” Gunilla Norris, “Build your inner environment. Inner silence is not just the absence of thoughts. “In the darkness, I found the courage to light the candle that guided my way. Inner silence is not just the absence of thoughts. “Love and peace of mind do protect us. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again.”, “When you spend so long trapped in darkness, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.”, “Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.”, “I do not speak as I think, I do not think as I should, and so it all goes on in helpless darkness.”, “How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” — Martin Luther King, Jr. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” — Desmond Tutu Let yourself block out the noise of the world from time to time and listen to your inner voice – it will tell you what you need.” Anonymous, “Inner silence works from the moment you begin to accrue it. Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures. One must work at it.” It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”, “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”, “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. Is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in fear of God. May these quotes inspire you to develop the skill of inner silence within yourself. 6190 quotes have been tagged as peace: Martin Luther King Jr.: ‘Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. Infused with silence and solitude, they bring out the mystery of inner landscape.” John O’Donohue. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.”, “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.”, “Yet, no matter how deeply I go down into myself, my God is dark, and like a webbing made of a hundred roots that drink in silence.”, “One need not be a chamber to be haunted.”, “When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, “Silence is a source of great strength.” Lao Tzu, “Through the portals of silence the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.” Paramahansa Yogananda, “When you cease to fear your solitude, a new creativity awakens in you. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In the darkness I found myself.” Nora. In the darkness I found myself.” Nora, Inner silence is not just the absence of thoughts. “In the darkness, I found the courage to light the candle that guided my way. Those who fear the darkness have no idea what the light can do. DO YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE? No-one gave it to you. The Peace of God, which passeth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. – Mary Oliver It is not dead, it is very much alive, it is tremendously alive. Practice silence. When we learn to still the mind, we are able to create what we want in life instead of reacting impulsively because of a restless mind. No! Corrie ten Boom was one of the most godly, soul-rich individuals I’ve ever read words from. Explore 554 Darkness Quotes by authors including Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Edgar Allan Poe, and Martin Luther King, Jr. at BrainyQuote. A silence as vast as the universe. 1. My dearest uncle, I still fondly recall your positive approach to life. Light must come from inside. “There is the darkness that frightens, the darkness that soothes, the darkness that is restful.” I pictured each. My mission is to inspire millions of people to become entrepreneurs by awakening their minds to their greatness that resides within them. My name is Asad Meah, I am the CEO & Founder of AwakenTheGreatnessWithin. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Give yourself the inner peace you deserve with inspiration from these 17 comforting quotes. Silence is the blossoming of our indomitable inner will. Inner silence is one of the keys that will lead you to stay focused on your dreams and goals. Blessing, p. 84; Solemnization of Matrimony . I am a dreamchaser who has gained a wealth of knowledge in entrepreneurship and personal development over the past five years through self-education. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. And we need more and more creative people in the world. Light In Darkness Quotes. You have stepped out of thousands of years of collective human conditioning.” Eckhart Tolle, “Empty your mind. Famous Quotes About Darkness and Light “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”, “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”, “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.”, “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.