– Protein: Peanut butter contains 8 grams of protein per serving that helps you build and repair muscle tissue. Hydrogenated oils are bad for acne for the same “zombie fat” reason described above in #1. There is no official link between iron and acne in science research but antidotally I believe there is. Great thing to check for, though, as you just found out! It also keeps your nerves function properly and supports heart function. My Dr noticed a high ferritin level and high liver enzymes on a blood panel and on a hunch she ordered a DNA test for this. It just goes to show that any general prescription will never apply to everyone, and that you really need to test foods on yourself. That said, another study found that the crappy brands of peanut butter (like Jif) have way less aflatoxin, while the grind-it-yourself peanut butter in natural food stores had the most aflatoxin. No complaints there, especially if you’re hip to the fact that saturated fat doesn’t actually cause heart disease. Although aflatoxins in low dose may not have a negative effect on humans, there are some studies linking the chemicals to liver cancer, mental retardation, and stunted growth. Too much omega-6 causes inflammatory-related diseases, including asthma, obesity, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes. Is peanut butter your go to snack? Each peanut butter serving contains 0.58 milligrams of magnesium translated to 32% of the recommended daily intake for women. I think it’s okay in really small amounts as a garnish or flavoring, but it’s very high in PUFA so I wouldn’t make it a main cooking or salad oil. So again, peanut agglutinin may contribute to leaky gut, leading to potentially systemic inflammation and autoimmunity, and worsened acne. Im going to say that Im afraid to eat coconut because of acne. She is a big meat eater. This is pretty new to me, but the research seems sound. That's because peanut butter is an nutrient dense substance with fiber, protein, calcium, iron, potassium, healthy fats, P-coumaric acid, resveratrol and lower cholesterol levels. A serving of peanut butter provides you with 38 milligrams of potassium. We’re working on a “PUFA Shield” supplement that incorporates full-spectrum E along with some other lipid peroxidation blockers to make it easier for travelers, folks who eat out a lot, etc. If you’re lacking in one of the co-factors necessary to use iron properly (vitamin A, molybdenum, vitamin C, copper, ceruloplasmin, vitamin B12, etc. Are you sure a ferritin level of 30-40 is high? I don’t think they’re a very accurate reflection of long-term reality, and don’t often give very useful information for clearing acne (in my experience). If you had an ideal omega-6:3 ratio (between 1:1 or 4:1, researchers think), your body would launch a strong inflammatory attack against the wound, clean it up, then cease inflammation quickly.