Hi Kelly! Thanks again for your inspiration and compassion. Just compensate with more butter and/or less flour. Ya, that doesn't happen with this ice cream. Pour the blended cashews into your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers directions. You'll never want to go back after you've tasted these. He’s allergic to peanuts, though, so I’m wondering what you think of using tahini instead of peanut butter in the dough? My machine struggled to cope with the thickness of this part way through the first churning, and actually popped its top off… oh well, stirred the rest of the cookie dough in by hand. Quickly heat treat the flour before using in the recipe by either: toasting it in a 350 degree oven, on a cookie sheet, for 10 minutes; or microwave the flour in a bowl on high power for 30 second intervals, stirring to distribute heat between intervals, until a thermometer reads 165. Here's the thing, most vegan ice cream recipes are made with coconut milk and there is NO WAY that coconut milk based ice creams will ever taste like the ice cream you are trying to recreate. And the last time I froze my ice cream mixture with the bowl, I couldn’t churn in and I had to throw everything away. Make this if you are a chocolate and pb fan! Agreed, cashews is magical! Beat in the 1 teaspoon of milk, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and the all-purpose flour. 2. Break the dough into small pieces and place them on a small baking sheet. Since the nice weather is back, I have been craving for an indulgent ice-cream recipe, and this seems like heaven! I’ve seen a few vegan or raw recipes with this technique and they’ve been fantastic and uber creamy. Full fat coconut milk only the fat from above or the whole can? Your email address will not be published. Vanilla ice cream loaded with soft cookie dough chunks, rich chocolate flakes, and a thick peanut butter ripple. This looks really good, well, except for the peanut butter part. In the last few minutes, throw in the dough! Thanks in advance! The ice cream was so creamy and had great flavor! Twenty minutes of taking it out of the freezer didn’t begin to soften it. 3. ★☆ Turned out perfectly! , This recipe looks delicious, but I thought it wasn’t safe to eat raw flour. Good luck!! Your email address will not be published. Eat immediately as a soft serve or put it in a refrigerator container and freeze for a hard ice cream. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream has been a dream of mine for years. I believe that the most important reason you should make any recipe is that it tastes amazing. I have an ice cream maker but never seems to have a space in the fridge to be able to use it :(. Cheers! I think coconut sugar would be fine! Your email address will not be published. Raw flour is indeed a risk! This ice cream has a creamy, peanut buttery base and is loaded with tons of cookie dough bites. Sorry to hear that the recipe has proven to be a bit tricky.. All roads lead to the Minimalist Baker!! Thank you again for your yummy and wonderful recipes. It did not dissapoint! What a fantastic combo! Use ctrl+f or ⌘+f on your computer or the "find on page" function on your phone browser to search existing comments! Fill a medium saucepot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Also, make sure you soak your cashews overnight OR the next day for at least 6 hours. & sometimes its hard to find some ingredients to make it fully vegan but you make it easy to twist them a little and you still are able to create the dish you’re cooking. We would recommend looking at this recipe for guidance: https://minimalistbaker.com/no-churn-vegan-chocolate-ice-cream/. Look at that creamy goodness. That’s what I do in a pinch! In another medium sauce pot, bring the rest of the ingredients, besides egg yolks, to a bowl, whisking frequently. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream: Ingredients & Substitutions . Most of the recipes you’ll find here are Whole30, paleo, keto, vegan, or gluten-free. Have difficulties to find vegan ice cream recipes without coconut milk..Although I understand the coconut milk was needed for creamy texture. Haha, thanks friend! Hi! They're a neutral base that won't flavor your ice cream. Hope that helps! Summer only lasts so long, and we should celebrate it every chance we get. And it’s AMAZING. I am going to try and combine layers of this and brownie as a cake. Your opinion means a lot to me and if you'd like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I'd love to hear your thoughts. Yield 8 servings 1 x. Looks delicious! But the next day...it was great! Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. Sign up for our newsletter and get our cookbook! This ice cream is so simple, requiring no fancy methods and just 10 ingredients! Unless you want coconut ice cream, you should never use coconut milk as the base. (soaked overnight // or at least 6 hours // then drained), (you could sub a GF blend, but it will be slightly grainier in texture). We made this ice cream last week and it was gone in just a few days. Keen to hear your thoughts. I used coconut cream, which made it even creamier. It’s like a hug in a cone. Last Updated: October 15, 2020 by: Ginny McMeans. « Apple and Berry Fruit Leather With Zucchini. I have recently found you and I believe my life is almost complete. If you love this recipe as much as I do, be sure to leave a review or share it on Instagram and tag @TheEndlessMeal. OMG this is so awesome Dana! Consuming raw flour creates a risk of food-borne illness. And of course, the PB cookie dough. Just deeply satisfying. This brings the best contrast in texture alongside the creamy ice cream base. It can be made a day in advance. The peanut cookie dough is made up of butter, brown sugar, extra crunchy peanut butter and flour. So flavorful. I ate one and it totally felt like a hug (maybe better). Ha! Let it churn to incorporate all of the cookie dough. What kind of ice cream maker do you use? I would add a flax egg before blending the butter and sugars together. Spoon into cookie crust; spread evenly. I tried to make us a more grown-up ice cream flavor earlier this week. We finally had to (are you sitting down for this?) It was my first time making ice cream and it turned out perfect! When I handed that ice cream cone with the single scoop to my handsome man (it's my birthday, I got the double scoop!) Could it be that I’m using TJ’s coconut milk? Obviously, these alterations will affect the recipe but I think it will still turn out delicious! During the summer months, I have lots and there are a variety of popsicles to choose from too. Vanilla ice cream loaded with soft cookie dough chunks, rich chocolate flakes, and a thick peanut butter ripple. The recipe sounds great! Also may we substitute coconut sugar in the ice cream and cookie dough? Go on, have a second scoop. Then add in your cookie dough near the end. Place the cashews in a jar (I use a 2 cup Mason jar) and cover them with hot water. Can we sub almond butter and had some sea salt ourselves. Add peanut butter cookies pieces into the mix after it's churned 10-15 minutes. Thanks so much. Great question. Add in a little coconut or other non-dairy milk to add moisture. The ice cream is creamy and delicious – it’s better than any store bought vegan cookie dough ice cream I have tried! Since no place here serves vegan ice cream, have to make it myself and can do it better/more healthfully/less expensively than any commercial place, thanks to tou. Always cookie dough. Repeat the scraping and freezing until the ice cream is frozen, about 3-4 times. Read my disclosure policy here. Yum! In the meantime, add vegan butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla to a mixing bowl and use a mixer or wooden spoon to combine. Add flour a little at a time and stir until thick and slightly crumbly. Likely items you already have on hand too, especially if you’re vegan or dairy free. So great to hear! It's insanely delicious. Use all or part of the cookie dough chunks in the ice cream. Thanks for the perfect recipe! It looks phenomenal!! That looks so good. If you take a photo of your most delicious frozen treat I would love to see it. Would it take away from the consistency/ texture? Hi Dana, You could try using almond flour. You can also, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction, Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (No Drain, 20 Minutes! This ice cream has a creamy, peanut buttery base and is loaded with tons of cookie dough bites. But, if you’re not into it, try it with another type of nut, such as macadamias or if you’d prefer to make this nut-free, just use two cans of coconut milk instead!