I’m a sucker for a good peanut sauce too. Required fields are marked *. Perfect for wraps, in place of pizza dough or dipped in curry. Adjust the rack in the center of the oven. You can make your own and store in a container or remember to add 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt per 1 cup of flour needed. All very exciting. Easy 2-Ingredient Flatbread Recipe – easy soft flatbread made with self-rising flour, natural sour cream and no yeast. Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Policy. Get ahead of the curve with our easy recipe for an African inspired spiced flatbread and African peanut sauce – a perfect sharing platter for a gathering of friends. Transfer to a clean work surface lightly dusted with flour. I can’t even believe that! This is no doubt one of the best (and lowest carb) keto flatbreads on th planet. Thankyou , G we just got back from Spain and I found flatbread everywhere did you check the supermarket called…Mercadona… I absolutely love shopping in Europe things I could never find in the states I find there and we stay for weeks and I cook almost every meal. This easy, egg and dairy-free shortbread is deliciously peanut buttery and vegan. Thank you so much for trying my recipe. I also love the way that the mixing bowl weighs exactly 800 grams. Great recipe! The flatbreads are so easy to make, and a delicious when made fresh. When flatbread is finished, drizzle with remaining peanut sauce and then sprinkle with sesame seeds. It cooks well from frozen. 1-2 cups of roasted chicken, shredded or cut into strips, 2 spring onions, green parts only, sliced thinly. Hi James! Yay! Mix in ground ginger and nutmeg. Hi Anna – this is a great recipe, thanks! The baking soda and salt gave it the chewy gluten/yeast feel in the mouth without needing wheat. Quickly add two discs of dough. If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Once combined, turn the machine up a couple of notches so that it’s giving the dough a good knead. How long will the dough last in the fridge? Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (75°F to 80°F) until puffy, about 1 1/2 hours. As each flatbread puffs up, you get a delicious waft of aroma from the spices. Hi Anna, I’ve made this bread and it’s so easy and delicious. Top with 1 heaping tablespoon of reserved seeds and nuts. I will experience with more. You have an awesome recipe and easy to do steps. If you like homemade breads, you may also like my No-Knead Bread and Homemade Pizza Dough. East Africa reflects many influences, including Arab, British, Indian and Portuguese. Heat a heavy frying pan or flat skilled. What a win. Gonna make some tomorrow! tore into pieces and serve with a big bowl of curry and rice. It turned out well. This is the before baking pic… not very appetizing to look at but it gets there..! Divide dough into 4 equal parts. I can’t believe I’ve never tried to make flatbread before. Finally, transfer the dip to a suitable serving dish, and enjoy! Have you made this with whole wheat flour/pastry? This was AMAZING!! It turns out so amazing every time and uses ingredients I always have on hand. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place on a floured surface and let rest for 20 minutes. ), 1 cup self-rising flour, plus more for rolling, Recipe and image couresy of Chef Virginia Willis. Thank you! Transfer to a clean work surface lightly dusted with flour. Required fields are marked *. I am excited to hear that this has been described as the year where there will be more African inspired cuisine as I am always excited to try out new dishes! I’ve taken inspiration from the tsire spice mix and peanut sauce (also known as peanut gravy) from west Africa, to make these spiced flatbreads with African peanut sauce dip. Your email address will not be published. Spice blends from East Africa include Ethiopia’s berbere: that includes ginger, garlic, fenugreek, chilies, black pepper, cloves, coriander and cardamom, Fufu – where starch such as cassava, or semolina or maize is boiled with water and then pounded into a smooth porridge is a typical dish of West Africa, Tsire is a West African spice blend that uses peanuts, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. My inquisitive side just woke up:). It’s moist and soft and contains less than 1g of carb. Add the spices, and cook until you can smell the delicious aromas – a few minutes. I’ll not be trying any others! Really interesting, I would be keen to read more about this. Ty! Cheers. Peanut Flour Recipes – Low Carb Bread; Gluten Free Peanut Flour Bread; Lately, I’ve been experimenting with a new low carb flour made from peanuts. use as a wrap to serve shawarma or gyros meat and vegetables, spread with hummus and top with veggies for a healthy lunch. This is a perfect side for my next Indian meal! Beat in the eggs one at a time. « French Toast Bagel Recipe (Gluten Free), Healthy Peanut Butter Pancakes (Gluten-Free) ». Delicious spicy flatbreads, perfect for dipping into the African inspired tomato and peanut sauce. virginia willis. Cooking inspiration can spring from many fonts, but feeling energized by a fashionable new cuisine can be really invigorating; experimenting with new flavour combinations can really lift me out of the dinner-on-the-table rut. After the second rise, roll the balls into flatbreads.The dough will resist rolling out and contract back so it’s best to roll a couple at once: do each in turn, with two or three periods of rolling and resting per flatbread, alternating between the two. I have to try your recipe a.s.a.p., I know we will love it, plus it looks super easy to make! Anyway – do you know if this can be kept longer, like in the freezer? « Bircher Muesli (Overnight Oats) with Carrot, Healthy Green Beetroot Smoothie Recipe {Vegan, Whole 30, Paleo} ». Start in the middle of the dough log and cut each half into two until you have 8 pieces. The peanut sauce takes no time at all. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. It is usually thin and crispy, perfect for breaking into pieces and dipping in curry or used for wraps with gyros meat or shawarma meat. The dough hook on the Kenwood makes this so easy! That inspiration thing at work! I am excited for you to try it! Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining pieces of dough. Id also be using a dairy free yogurt….. thanks. I think African cuisine is so exciting, so diverse. Absolutely! You will LOVE how ultra soft this flatbread is, Patty! holy cow! I don’t usually have self-rising flour on hand so I made my own mix. Remove the bowl from the mixer, and leave the dough in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour. Turn the mixer up one setting, and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Fry the onion until translucent. This area is reserved for members of the news media. I love the sound of the spiced flatbread with the peanut sauce it sounds divine x. I know, right? Brush a little groundnut oil onto the frying pan. Next time! Your email address will not be published. Peanut butter bread - low carb and flour free. I love flatbread. Oh wow, this looks amazing! Get easy, tasty recipes for FREE when you subscribe! A stand mixer also makes the flatbreads simple to make, producing a smooth and pliable dough from the unmixed ingredients in a few minutes.