I used Costco Shredded Jack and Cheddar Cheese (all I had)! I will make again with only one block. Cook the chicken breasts in boiling water until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. Thank you for a recipe that was totally different from what I usually make! Cook 5 min. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). And I agree that the green onions could use a slight sauté beforehand. 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened, 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained. Top tortillas with remaining Cheddar cheese and green enchilada sauce. Place seam side down in a lightly gresed 12X8 inch baking dish. Yummy, cheesy enchiladas and my husbands favorite! Cook and stir onions and garlic in large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat 2 min. https://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-cream-cheese-enchiladas-463294 I also boiled my chicken with a bouillon cube and some cumin. Stir Velveeta ( I use Aldi brand)and 1/4 cup milk in saucepan on low heat until cheese is melted. Try our Cream Cheese-Chicken Enchiladas out tonight. I used most of a Costco Chicken that I had pulled the white meat off the bird and shredded. Enjoy this flavorful entrée, but keep an eye on portion size. How To Make Enchiladas. My family loves these shredded chicken enchiladas with a savory cream cheese filling and green enchilada sauce. I had a bell pepper so I diced that up with a small sweet onion and cooked those down and added it to the chicken mixture. DH ate two huge plates. I only used 8 oz. Even my toddler liked them! TACO BELL® and Logo are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell Corp. Cook and stir onions and garlic in large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat 2 min. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. package of cream cheese and that was plenty, honestly I think too packs would be too rich for our taste. Delicious but I tweaked it based on what I had in the house! I made the filling mixture earlier in the day and refrigerated it until I was ready to assemble. Cook the chicken breasts in boiling water until no … I too only used one package of cream cheese, and I substituted jalepeno for the green chilies, but only because we like a little heat. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. I think it would taste much better. 576 calories; protein 23.9g 48% DV; carbohydrates 50.1g 16% DV; fat 31g 48% DV; cholesterol 90.6mg 30% DV; sodium 1672mg 67% DV. 2. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Heat oven to 350°F. I put some of the cumin in with the chicken and used a bit less in the mixture. I do think the cream cheese added something to the enchiladas but it was too much. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Bake in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Grease a baking dish. Congrats! Add 1 cup shredded cheese; mix well. Combine remaining salsa and enchilada sauce. I served it with Mexican Rice and a Fresh Corn Red Onion and Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese and Garlic. I didn't use cilantro because I dislike the flavor. I always use my pressure cooker for cooking the chicken when making enchiladas, so much easier and chicken turns out so moist and easily shreds. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The prep time is an estimate; if you keep precooked, chopped chicken on hand the prep time is next to nothing. These were full of flavor and my husband said to make these again. Thanks for the great recipe! I had some leftover chicken mixture so I added some sour cream and enchilada sauce and turned it into a yummy dip.