... Disassembling The Pen. When the Pilot Varsity pens came along I appreciated having an inexpensive fountain pen again. Pilot Varsity Disposable Fountain Pens - real fountain pens at an affordable price. They write well, and are affordable. In India, the pen is known as Pilot V Pen. Words are simple, yet have the power to provide focus and inspire action. The Pilot Varsity is sold as a disposable fountain pen, but you can refill it and reuse it with little effort and no extra tools or skills. One word, written in a journal, on a goal-list or over and over again in the margin of a favorite book, can help plant the seed for something extraordinary. Pilot Varsity pens are a great option if you want to try out fountain pens. This great pen is known internationally as Pilot Varsity, a use and throw fountain pen. The Pilot Varsity fountain pen captures the fun of writing with a fountain pen in a modern body style. Other useful features include an advanced liquid ink system for smooth writing and a visible ink supply so you'll never be caught off guard by an empty pen. Pilot V Pen (Varsity) Disposable Fountain Pens, Blue Ink, Small Point Value Set of 5(With Our Shop Original Product Description) 4.5 out of 5 stars 188 CDN$22.87 They do not hold a candle to their bigger brother Pilot Metropolitan Collection Fountain Pen, Black Barrel, Classic Design, Medium Nib, Black Ink (91107) or better pens for smoothness or build quality, but are a great place to start. Unfortunately, the black and purple pens kept skipping and would hardly write, sometimes requiring some pressure to begin writing. Almost every stationer has them with a variety of ink colors, but the pen itself is always with a *medium* point. Pilot Varsity Disposable Fountain Pens - real fountain pens at an affordable price. If I turn the pen point around as I write, the line is finer, but this is not an entirely satisfactory solution. Each Pilot Varsity Disposable Fountain Pen features a retro style barrel with a real fountain pen nib. I prefer a *fine* point. From the manufacturer. Its stainless steel nib and Advanced Liquid Ink Feed System ensure smooth writing, and the ink supply is visible through a window on the side. The Varsity is a great no-maintenance everyday fountain pen. PILOT Varsity Disposable Fountain Pens, Medium Point Stainless Steel Nib, Black Barrel, Purple Ink, 12 Count (90008) by Pilot. I have always used a medium point Pilot V Pen, but I have seen pics on the web of this pen with a fine nib point. The Pilot Varsity is the first fountain pen that I ever tried, and it is the one that I can say is responsible for me wanting to commit to spending the money on a “real” fountain pen. The blue pen seems to work fine and I have used it a fair bit. Disassembling a Pilot Varsity is both extremely simple and slightly complicated. The high prices we see is for the imported Pilot Varsity.