There is voter fraud. It's Official: Alex Just Asked Paige to Be Her Maid of Honor! Even though I am home, which should keep the dogs calm, I now keep a kitchen radio on. I also tried the Cheesy Chips in the Food Babe's cook book. If it's not in your wallet, don't spend it. The sunrise looks glorious. The sun was not out much however. Green Tomato Chutney ~ Green Tomato Relish. We are getting some very nice weather this weekend. Unfortunately, the couple that was leading the pack, and had the route planned didn't show up. Didn't talk long, as she was babysitting. One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family! No word on the car. Mauricio, You've Gotta See These Old Drummond Family Photos, Ree's Kids Have Grown Up So Much Since 'The Pioneer Woman' Started, Here's How the Drummond Family Is Celebrating Father's Day This Year, This Is Why Ree Calls Her Husband 'Marlboro Man', Ree and Ladd's Love Story Sounds Like a Real-Life Romance Novel, There’s a new episode of “Staying Home” on today (Saturday morning!) I'd like to introduce you to Jamar. My car is still not back, so we are down a car again, and 3 working. We also got a new seal on one of the house doors. Ladd sent these videos to Alex to share with you all. ❤️ This is a chapter from my new book (out next week!) It's been shipped, but my books have not arrived. Keeping things stocked, with a world of uncertainty. Chainsaw parts are delayed, but a friend is loaning us a chainsaw for now (husband just has to go pick it up). Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. Our 21 year-old's car broke down again last night. Chances are, you've read The Pioneer Woman's blog, tried her cookbook recipes, or watched her hit show on Food Network. The weather will start to get cold, and I cannot keep it. We believe he ate something poisoned when that daughter lived in the apt. When something goes out of the freezer, something goes back in. Grab an extra bag of cranberries this week and make this incredibly simple and ridiculously delicious Cranberry Butter. Someone told me that canning supplies will not be made until next March, but I have already seen jars with lids in stores. He's been working 10 hour days and more overtime is possible next week as well. I hope to get some reading done ASAP. I made headway on my daughter's cardigan while watching the news, but had to turn it off. Matt 6:25-27 NIV. Dirtiest election year ever. Now that we have a break in car repairs, I need to remind my husband to fix the chicken coop so I can get eggs from the outside. She had to verify that the ballot that was mailed in was not her signature. In fact, I went to get my felt I need to finish an on-going craft, and could not find it. The Pioneer Woman’s Broccoli Rice Casserole is a Comforting Twist on a Classic Side, Ree Drummond’s Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Fajita Salad is a Show-Stopping Main, 16 Minutes Until Dinner With The Pioneer Woman’s Honey-Garlic Shrimp Skewers, Ree Drummond’s Tomato Soup 2.0 is a Feel-Good Pantry Staple Lunch, Ree Drummond’s Rustic Strawberry Tart is the Perfect Way to Celebrate Canada Day. Once I started making it, I stopped making toffee for se... 2002 to 2003 ~ The Hamster Mat (newspaper, print), 2003 ~ Hearts at Home Magazine, November issue (print), 2004 to 2005 ~ Our Parent and Family Magazine, Printed by The Lima News (print), 2004 ~ The Dollar Stretcher (http://www.stretcher.com/stories/06/06oct16c.cfm#.UcRwypzgfIE, in print and on-line), I also wrote as a reporter for a local community college, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. It's funny when you hear about it, but 4am? I also added bottles of water. Or today. Warning: You're going to want to buy all of these for yourself, too. I hauled the cart out there, filled 'er up and put them away for the winter. I have no idea where it is, and you can bet your bottom dollar, that I will find it a year from now. I printed a few crochet patterns for winter projects. I wish I could find a place to display them all for the public to see. Somehow, in moving yarn out and back into my closet (thanks to the revolving doors of kids moving out and in), I could not find one of my afghan hooks. ~ Life is short, Pray Hard, by Mary Compton and David Compton, "He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge." I realized that we buy organic whole bean (have a cold press), and no way to grind them if the power went out. Be the first to know about brand-new shows, the freshest recipes and exciting contests. Ree and Ladd's Cute Marital Moments Will Make You Smile, These Fun Facts About Ladd Will Make You Smile, Ladd Shared a Bunch of Videos Gathering Cattle on the Ranch, The Easy Recipes Ree Always Makes for Her Family, See Cute Photos of Alex and Her Fiancé (!!!) I couldn't take anymore of it. Odds are, you read it too—and loved it just as much. I'm putting together my barter for my husband's cousin. Well, I realized when I was short of one box, I could go online and order them for free from the USPS. The weather was a record high of 80 degrees. Daughter ordered dog CBD oil. I haven't added any to it lately, but this will be added. I purged more magazines, and have just a few more to go through. So funny. We are doing well, although considering I just poured homemade Kahlua in my coffee, I can't really say we are all "calm" here ha ha! Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. He has been sticking his paw under our bedroom door again, and banging it back and forth at 4am. We will see what we can find to rig up security for my ladies. I ordered (and surprisingly received already) a manual coffee grinder. but I wanted to share this one with you a little early. The family gobbled it up. Perfect for a quick solo dinner, this sweet and spicy shrimp is one of Ree Drummond’s favourite 16-minute meals. I had one daughter home early and the other home later. Solar batteries arrived, so those are now in the pole lights. Tuesday was a much less stress over housework kind of day. E-ghads! Are you not much more valuable than they? I decided to include a set of homemade cards and a jar opener. They sent me this free keychain. I hope everyone is staying calm as they can be, and healthy right now. Friends of my best friend (of many many years who I email every single day) went to vote. I had to bake them 30 seconds longer for the crispness, and used too much of the topping on the first, and didn't have enough for the second. Simple theme. I then hauled the cart to the house, and filled it with dead hanging potted flowers etc. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. Here I will track my healthy lifestyle changes, so I will be more accountable: My book arrived. Forgot to take a photo. Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Also, my blog posts regarding foraging are simply for sharing my personal experience. It’s great to have on hand, especially when you need an quick and easy breakfast treat—or midday snack!–after a long day of cooking. I'm not on the hunt for a weather proof lock for the chicken coop. Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? I brought in 17 # of green tomatoes before our fr ost , so I canned a simple green tomato chut ney. No one has claimed him yet. I just hope it isn't one I already read from the library over the years ha ha! Why not – when it’s this easy and flavourful. If you haven't, let me introduce you. Poor pup. Daughter is a happy camper and so am I - no stressing about how everyone gets to work today. This weekend’s episode of Pioneer Woman will be honoring Ree Drummond‘s late mother-in-law, Nan, the Food Network star shared in a heartfelt blog post on her website on Thursday. Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning: Traditional Techniques Using Salt, Oil, Sugar, Alcohol, Vinegar, Drying, Cold Storage, and Lactic Fermentation, by The Gardeners and Farmers of Centre Terre Vivante and Deborah Madison, Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits & Vegetables, by Mike Bubel and Nancy, Seed to Seed: Seed Saving and Growing Techniques for Vegetable Gardeners, by Suzanne Ashworth and Kent Whealy, The Dehydrator Bible: Includes over 400 Recipes - Paperback , by Jennifer MacKenzie, Jay Nutt and Don Mercer, The Encyclopedia for Country Living, by Carla Emery, The Family Cow (A Garden Way Publishing Book), by Dirk Van Loon, The Forager's Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants, by Samuel Thayer, The Forgotten Arts, Making Old-Fashioned Jellies, James, Preserves, Conserves, Marmalades, Butters, Honeys, and Leathers, editor Clarissa M. Silitch, Yankee Books, The Ultimate Guide to Homesteading: An Encyclopedia of Independent Living (The Ultimate Guides) - Paperback (Mar. She'll get a jar of home canned tomato soup, home canned ketchup, and some other items I haven't yet decided on. Vet meds are too harsh for him. I hope the sun is out today. My family is picky so I have to make it two different ways! Be on a Food Network Canada show! The wife was told she could not vote, because she had already voted. I will have to watch the dogs very carefully today. Poor guy. I'm getting crochet time in most days, just before dinner and sometimes after dinner. Homemade Thousand Island Dressing ~ Utilizing Home Canned Ingredients, http://www.stretcher.com/stories/06/06oct16c.cfm#.UcRwypzgfIE, Scenery Photos (please do not copy photos), "A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away." The Pioneer Woman blogs on Food Network Canada; access full show updates, news and gossip; recipe guides and menu ideas. It's going in my keychain collection. Firs... "I'm writing a book. I put the photo up on social media on a lost pet page. I'm so blessed to have a husband who knows how to fix cars. It's real. Ree Drummond is a city girl turned country woman who has turned her life into the ultimate lifestyle brand. Think you have what it takes? Sometime around dinner time, and right after I locked up the chickens, this cat showed up. Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? -clean up bedroom (the craft supplies have gone awry). I started to put together a new crochet set to sell. A head of organic cauliflower and a few yellow squash (organic) were blanched. I used store bought tortillas, while I'm waiting on supplies to try her recipe for homemade corn tortillas, and the first batch was not crispy. I still have some printed recipes floating around the kitchen that I want to try. Just because we have barns does not mean we need more barn cats (he is not an outdoor cat either from what we can tell). An old episode of Ree Drummond’s cooking series "The Pioneer Woman" is now facing biting critcism online. I put a note in it for the UPS, FedEx and USPS. She said "no I didn't vote." Another item lost in the shuffle. ~ Sophocles, Money is a very excellent servant, but a terrible master. (And marriage...). Thank you for getting me pregnant within a week of this photo being taken. Yet. Haven't started on the bathroom renovation. It was just what we needed at the end of the day. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.