But it’s been a grocery-store and birthday-party staple since Pillsbury unleashed it on the world in 1989. The cake itself was like your classic confetti cake you remember from childhood but made magic. I’m talking really really slowly. Christina recommends 12 hours, but I only let it set two and the rest worked out fine (shhh… don’t tell her!). After adding the last egg—there are five altogether—scrape down the bowl and then beat the mix on high for another four minutes. (My calls to them to ask about the future of America’s favorite sprinkle-cake mix went unreturned.) If you do want something a little bit more festive, Funfetti also makes a Christmas cake mix that comes with vanilla mix with red and green candy bits inside. After three minutes, it should look nice and shiny. If you buy something from the links on this page, we may earn a commission. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut two 8-inch rounds of parchment paper and line the bottom of each pan, … Making this sheet cake is a bit involved, but I knew it would be worth it. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!! Once added, turn up the mixer to medium-high and let it go to work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t’s proof yet again that humans eat with their eyes before they eat with their mouths. —Jolie Stinson, Marion, IndianaGet RecipeTaste of HomeEasy Confetti PieSugar cone crust makes a pie that tastes like birthday cake when you add a colorful, creamy no-bake confetti filling. Then using an offset spatula, spread a quarter of the fluffy, white frosting over the cake, making sure it’s nice and even. It has its own trademark, and has spawned countless gourmet bakery “confetti cake” riffs. Looking for a delicious, moist cake that looks beautiful too? As I type this—slathering high fructose corn syrup-based frosting across my keyboard—I’m really rooting for Funfetti. And yet, those sprinkles—so devoid of flavor or even crunch—endure like tiny, multicolored culinary termites. Christina writes in her book that you can substitute vegetable oil no problem. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Invite this cake, and it'll be a party in your mouth! Looking at this recipe, it seems sort of daunting. Combine the buttermilk, grapeseed oil and vanilla extract. Once the dry ingredients are combined, add the grapeseed oil and vanilla extract and mix. This one, on the other hand, consists of four different components. It’s a little time consuming, but it’s worth it! But that’s not all — the Funfetti Morsels taste like vanilla cake! Be sure to scrape down the bowl halfway through the process and then again at the end. Beat until the last of the dry ingredients are just combined. 1 / 16Taste of HomeIce Cream Birthday CakeWhen we were young, Mom made birthday cakes with a small toy on top, chosen just for us. The only reason why it's called "funfetti" is because it looks like there's confetti inside the cake. My husband and I used to operate an Italian American restaurant, and this recipe goes back generations. At last, your funfetti cake is finished. Can’t get enough of the classic Funfetti cake? Funfetti is decidedly sugary, definitely not gluten-free, and contains colors not found in nature outside of jungle-dwelling poison dart frogs. Thankfully, Pillsbury’s baking-mix business was scooped up for $375 million by a Greenwich, Connecticut-based private equity firm called Brynwood Partners. The vanilla cake mix will include blue, green, and yellow candy bits in every bite. To transform plain ol' pancake mix, I add cake mix and sprinkles. It’s one recipe that I’m keeping handy for topping off any cake—not just this birthday sheet cake. You can wrap them up and store them in the fridge for up to five days. “These are the flavors that everyone can relate to,” she said. This soak will add extra moisture to the cake when layer it up. By simply replacing the ingredients on the box with Slowly beat in the butter. With the cake crumbs cooling, I moved onto the star of the show: the cake! That conjures memories of sugar-slathered single-digit birthday parties fueled by cupcakes from that vivid blue box with the smiling Dough Boy. To do so, divide the batter evenly between two quarter-size sheet pans (that’s about 13×9″) sprayed with cooking spray and lined with parchment paper—I used our Test Kitchen’s favorite Nordic Ware pans. At home, you'll find her working on embroidery and other crafts. You'll be able to find these seasonal offerings wherever you usually buy Funfetti products, which includes most mainstream retailers. Unlike most jimmies, these sprinkles actually have flavor and taste like vanilla candy! Unfortunately, most measuring spoon sets only come with the following measures: ¼ teaspoon, ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 Tablespoon. If you can’t find it, I wouldn’t sweat it too much! —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, PennsylvaniaGet RecipeTaste of HomeConfetti Cake with Brown Sugar ButtercreamThis simple and tender cake has been celebrated in my family for years. You can also pack the cereal mixture into paper cups and insert a wooden pop stick to create cute pops. So how did it taste? But I’d bet these painstakingly created, magnificently frosted gourmet creations aren’t what most people think of when we hear the term Funfetti. It’s like you’re taking a Funfetti cake and transferring it into another dessert, so the flavor is bound to be insane (in the best way possible, of course). Sprinkle the sprinkles over the batter and gently mix by hand with the rubber spatula until the sprinkles are evenly distributed throughout. celebrating the news with this pink champagne cake, WHITE RUSSIAN MOCKTAIL WITH MY PARTNER, This site may contain affiliate sales links. Clearly, Funfetti has staying power. Your unicorns will love these rainbow bites. Then, set your mixer on medium speed and stream this liquid into the mix slowly. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])-[]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! I love to share them because they're so easy to eat, easy to make and easy on the wallet. By applying the right ingredients, you can improve the way a Funfetti cake turns out. Try these confetti treats, too! With that first layer in place, brush half of the milk soak over the cake with a pastry brush. From here, spread these confetti crumbs onto a lined sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes at 300ºF. Funfetti was also the inspiration for New York City bakery Milk Bar’s legendary Birthday Cake, a staple of baker Christina Tosi’s repertoire since 2008.