Is that the white teflon seal? Clean skimmer baskets can provide water to the pump motor and quiet the noise. Now, connected it up and no more whining sound, but a leak developed (may have been there before?) Uncle Rico's Pool; Sep 20, 2020; Replies 9 Views 156. I was given 3 different reasons for this new sound. Although insulation seems like a good idea to address many issues. Loose Fuel Pump. I didn't have a winding sound. I had a service over the summer and had them replace the filters. These vibrations could be a result of embryonic faults, component failures or poor running conditions. The pump for the solar heating for our pool has started to make a loud noise....should I be concerned? Pump flow pulsation occurs when the pump is running while the discharge valve is closed. Without this one device, our automobiles will not run at all. Whirlpool. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This can cause the pump to make a loud noise and its an easy fix. If it’s emitting more of a screeching noise, the issue likely lies in the motor. Most visitors online was 3404 , on Jan 24 2020, Skimmer lid flying off and loud "whooshing" sound heard when pump turned off, Soundproofing material for pump enclosure with wifi devices, Must bleed filter daily, leak sound at pump. Unlucky for me, I did not have the opportunity to go out and purchase an inexpensive Pump Go Kit. An offence occurs if the noise continues after a warning has been given by a council or police officer. As unpleasant as it might be, find the source of your pool pump’s loud noise. Restore power to the pump motor. Home. Monitor your pool pump motor as it runs. While the lack of proper feed is the number one cause of pulsation, other factors may result in this problem. If this continues for a prolonged duration, vibrations in the pump are expected, which could be why the pool pump is making a loud humming noise. Cant see any other culprit, so I will remove, lubricate again, and start it again..... You're welcome! The first thing to check is the pump basket. Sometimes a pool pump can leak water. Examine the pool pump impeller. Update: wow, it was the bearing on the front side. OK, yanked the pump and popped out the seal. If it sounds like there are small rocks in it, this can be from the pump vibrating on the pad it sits on, or it … The Pool Pump is Making a Loud Screeching Noise or Sounds Like it’s Full of Rocks Screeching or gargling noise can be frustrating for pool owners and surrounding neighbors. The fuel pump may be punctured or dented, reducing its efficiency. Pumps typically make such noises when they are starved for water. I will return it to them and let em have it. Well, it’s no more news that pool pumps are sometimes unbearably loud due to various factors such as cavitation, blockage, the friction of its parts, etc. Depending on how your pump motor is installed, you may only need to unplug it, or you must turn off the circuit breaker to the pump. Forums . If it is, tightening it (or reinstalling it) should get rid of the noise. Geez, should have replaced it while it was on the bench...... yup, always good idea to replace the seals an o-rings anytime you open it up, most likely, yes. I'd also suspect the volute o-ring also. After attempting to quiet the noise and the noise still persists, have the pump motor bears replaced at a small motor repair shop. Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly around the edge of the lid and opening in the pump. Under certain conditions, your pool pump can make loud screeching noises when it’s running. There is water coming through to the pump slowly (takes 5 mins), but it is making loud and high pitched noises when I switched on the pool … So, this post will not be about why and how your pool pump makes so much noise. Place an old piece of carpet or a rubber pad beneath the pump motor. Fuel Pump Making Whining Noise: How to Quiet It & Fix It. Look for movement and vibrations along the base of the pump. Monitor your pool pump motor as it runs. There could be several reasons why your pump is making a loud noise. Another indicator is the actual sound your pump is making. AND, not sure if this is right, but is this seal supposed to fit snugly onto the motor shaft? My ceramic seal is ID 17mm. Reply. I have an inground gunite pool with spa that was built 10 yrs ago. The carpet or rubber pad absorbs the noisy vibrations. My car wont start. About us . We’ve heard the sound described as “gargling stones” before. 2. It is a new pump and did not make that - Answered by a verified Pool and Spa Expert . Only other thing I can measure, if it helps, is the OD of the motor shaft- 0.625". A blocked pump strainer causes the pump motor to make the same noise as it does when the strainer baskets are clogged. Share. If the filter noise then quiets then the noise is being caused by excessive flow. I just pulled the pump off my 301.5 mini-ex today and stripped it down. Make a 45-degree bend in the wire about 6 inches back from the hook. Remove the debris if it's dirty. Thanks, people, for the confirmation. Archive View Return to standard view. In most cases, this is a simple matter of cleaning the filter to remove the debris that is clogging the filter and causing the motor to work harder in its effort to pump water. car wont start now, no power and has loud humming noise...help. The wrong bearing or incorrect placement could permanently damage the motor. Like. I turned it off for a little while, checked the filter, all clear, pressure is reading ok on gage when it is running, but it is really loud now. i'm new here and know very little about pool equipment. ANSWER 0 Anonymous ... My plasma TV is making a high-pitched whining noise. If the well pump is a submersible unit located inside the well, normally the only noise you'll observe in the building is the clicking of the pump control relay (s) that turn the pump on or off, and possibly a modest sound of water entering the water pressure tank or building piping. Make sure that it’s clear of all debris and don’t allow it to get backed up. 1. 2:02 pm #1. hugoboss. 2. How to Quiet the Noise in a Fountain Pump. SoundProof Pros Review Team January 14, 2020 How To. Pull the pump motor strainer basket from the pump motor and clean any debris from inside it. She has several years of experience in the home-improvement industry, focusing on gardening, and a background in group exercise instruction. I would pull that baby off ASAP if you are sure that is where the noise is coming from. Remove the bolts holding the pump to the concrete pad. If you have disconnected it correctly, it will not run. Sep 23, 2020. setsailsoon. In the past the reason why my pool pump is making a loud noise was due to leaking water. Also you'll save it from burning out the windings. OK, DB. Unfortunately, this easy fix was not my problem. Two years ago there was a low hum that the dealer said was coming from the belt tensioner pulley, the sound resolved within a month. While a noisy heat pump could be simply that — noisy — it may also be cause for … Was the pump properly installed and tightened? Pump Whining. Lift the strainer basket from the pump motor. My Hayward pool pump is making a loud, high pitched noise. Don't know if they are similar, but mine is a gear pump and the o-rings inside had torn. Use the wire hook to fish out any debris inside the impeller. Sep 9, 2020. tclproductions. Unless you have experience in replacing sealed pool pump motor bearings, have them replaced by a professional. You must log in or register to reply here. This seal fits over it but with much play/slop. Not pleasant. Im gonna write this down in my file so I wont have to guess in the future, DB. Too much debris or a wobbling impeller will cause the pump to sound loud. I would need to know what pump you have to figure that out, what you have listed there is the motor. Another cause of a loud pump is a cartridge filter that has become clogged. With over 200,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. Pool Pump making loud noise. Every pool pump will get loud, it is just going to happen. Cecilia Harsch has been writing professionally since 2009. 28 Mar 2020. Any ideas? Most common noises: whining, droning, wet sputtering. 28mm is OD of the seal. Where before ti was making its normal low pitched rumble, it now has a higher pitched whine or buzz attached to it. If debris makes it into the pump and clogs up the impeller, it can cause loud noises, and worse, it can even cause a system failure. However, the loud noises are often due to the valves shifting to put the unit into defrost mode. Turn the pump motor off if it continues to vibrate and make noise. To do this, turn off the filter, unplug the pump, and open the pump basket lid. This may happen because: Pool Pump Grinding, Screeching and Screaming If your pool pump motor is making a loud grinding noise or is even starting to make a large high pitched scream, then chances are the ball bearings inside of the motor are starting to go bad. Probably the big 12" diameter or so O ring? If your pool pump motor start to get noisy, it often means that your motor's bearing are failing and need to be replaced. She attended Tarrant County College and studied English composition. Inside of your pool pump is an impeller that spins to force the water through the system. Look for movement and vibrations along the base of the pump. Oh, I will let you know if it actually stops the leak asap........ OK, so now, after al that, still have a leak- its clearly at the bottom where the 2 big circles meet. I had the water pump replaced and now there is a whine/whir coming from the timing chain area, they spent an extra day "tracking down" the cause of the noise. Hey guys yesterday I was doing my regular pool maintenance and noticed that my pool pump is making a new noise. If a failing bearing is not replaced promptly, the motor can overheat and cause the windings to fail. Reasons Why Your Fuel Pump is Making Whining Noise: Reasons and How to Make It Quiet A very critical component of all our vehicles these days are electric or mechanical fuel pumps. by hugoboss. The whining noise may be caused by a damaged fuel pump. The pool pump motor emits noise as it operates, but under normal circumstances, the noise it makes does not distract you, your family or your neighbors. I cant see anything clogging it up through the fan air gr. Hello everyone I have 27' AG round pool and it is my 4th summer with it. About a week ago, I woke to a whining noise that was coming from my pump. Some pumps naturally make a lot of noise, while others are produced by manufacturers who have made extra efforts to design quieter pumps (such as the Pentair Whisperflo). Otherwise you might have gotten a bad bearing. How to Troubleshoot Ice Makers in Fridges, How to Fix a Kenmore Washer With an F2 Code, How to Control the Splash of a Garden Fountain, InyoPools.com: How to Clean Out a Pool Pump Impeller, InyoPools.com: How to Clean Out the Pool Pump Strainer, Blue Haven Pools: Hayward Pumps Troubleshooting Guide, How to Repair the Water Pump on a Front Loading Whirlpool Washer, How to Troubleshoot Pool Pump Vacuum Problems. Still, I appreciate your personal concern/effort to help a fellow member.