Be sure to use a pork tenderloin and not a pork loin. Recipes like this do tend to over-cook the meat, but a tenderloin can take it in style. There are lots of one dish/sheet pan recipes out there. How will that work, and how much should I use? Most of the time when I'm cooking a pork tenderloin I do a pan sear to oven technique. I know you cook sauerkraut but I don't know how heat tolerant it is. 36.7 g Here is the conversion and you can always find it under the FAQ area in the menu. This is home cooking, and there are many variables. Bake the pork chops for 35-50 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through or internal temperature reaches 145° F. Peel and cut 3 medium carrots into ½ inch medallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake the pork chops for 35-50 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through or internal temperature reaches 145° F. Change the oven setting to “Broil” with the oven rack about 6-8 inches from the heating element. Oven-safe bags come in various sizes, so they can fit just about any size roasting pan. Use baby carrots and small potatoes to save time. If you double this recipe, use a large sheet pan. The tenderloin refers to the psoas muscle along the lower back. To taste ingredients such as salt will be my estimate of the average used. Yep, just a joke agreeing the kids believe they would die if force to eat carrots. I made this last Friday, and today wifey said : Can you do the tenderloin like last week again? The tenderloin refers to the psoas muscle along the lower back. Welcome to the blog. Dump the tenderloin and veggies and spread evenly. Take pork chops out of the marinade bag and place on baking sheet. Molly and Lilly are English Golden Retrievers. All us bloggy people use kosher salt but the table salt will be fine, You just need to adjust is a bit. Welcome to the blog. Hi Tor, Set aside. Pork tenderloin is an ideal meat to use. Preparation. : )- ill hav to let u kno on how the taste went for me n my hubby yayyy thnx happy cooking!! Glad you enjoy the recipe. Cut a triangle shape from the corner of the bag; it should be about one and a half inches long from the sides. The cook this quickly since they are relatively small. You caught me online. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. The pork is "over cooked" by some standards (not in our house). The last note is about the pan. Trim fat from pork roast. Cook your pork tenderloin, along with complementary vegetables and potatoes, in an oven bag to ensure that everything stays moist during the cooking process. ... red pepper and potatoes. Cut each garlic clove into 6 slices. Preheat oven to 325°F. Add the potatoes and carrots on same baking sheet around the pork chops. Thanks! With the meat... Pork Tenderloin. Hi Karen, Will be easy and delicious! This easy one-pan dinner is done in well under one hour. Thanks for the note. Updated with expanded discussion and updated photos. Merry Christmas Dr. Dan and Family! This recipe is very easy to prepare and has great flavor! Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.How kids can help: Measure ingredients; toss vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour 45 minutes; add carrots, onion, and mushrooms to the oven bag and bake until vegetables are tender and roast is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Editor's Note: Originally Published December 17, 2017. Your email address will not be published. But without the searing, the color will be pale and the potatoes, although done, will not have that nice browning I love. Thanks for the note and rating. If you want a lower temperature, take the meat out 5-8 minutes early when it reaches the desired internal temperature and tent it lightly with foil while the veggies finish cooking. Broil the pork chops for about 3-7 minutes or until a nicely browned crust forms. Dan. Hi Kathy, I want to try this recipe for my wife and I. I am not sure how much difference it will make, but can I use regular salt instead of kosher salt. Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Add the pork to the bag and let marinate for 30 minutes making sure the mixture has covered it. ⇊ NEW COMMENTS MAY BE ENTERED AT BOTTOM OF THE FIRST PAGE OF COMMENTS ⇊ Comments are generally welcome on recipes. Looking so forward to try this one :-). It is forgiving since it stays tender with almost anything you do to it. Toss the potatoes and carrots with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.