18) Have he been using same pen for ten months? Interrogative sentences in Present Perfect Continuous form can changed into Interrogative-Negative sentences in Present Perfect Continuous form by adding ‘not’ in between the subject and ‘been’. 2) He has been working on the project for past three days. 17) Have the lawyers been striking for a week? Please note that The above Interrogative- Negative sentences may also be started with ‘why’ without changing their tenses form. The duration for which the action has been going on is usually mentioned in the present perfect continuous tense. 1) He ________ been looking at you for an hour. Has she not been writing for three hours? Rule for Negative Sentences in Present Perfect Continuous Form: If the subject is – he, she, it or a singular noun then ‘has not been’ is used and if the subject is- we, they, I or a plural noun then ‘have not been’ is used. Why he has not been working here since last year. 9) Teachers have not been teaching ________ morning. Answers- 1)False, 2)True, 3)False, 4)True, 5)False,6)True, 7)False, 8)True, 9)False, 10)False, 11)True, 12)False, 13)True, 14)False, 15)True, 16)False, 17)True, 18)False, 19)True, 20)False. The present perfect continuous is used to refer to an unspecified time between 'before now' and 'now'. The duration for which the action has been going on is usually mentioned in the present perfect continuous tense. 3) They have been providing all the information since three months. The following article introduces useful …, Adjectives that start with B! 13) Dogs _______ been barking _______ morning. Likewise form sentences in interrogative form and change them into positive form by simply interchanging the places of has/have with the subject. I have been wait ing for you for three hours. Has he not been working here since last year? Present perfect progressive definition: The present perfect progressive tense (also called the present perfect continuous) is an English verb tense that is most often used to express actions that began in the past and continue to the present. This is a free multiple-choice quiz that you can do online or print out. The present perfect continuous tense (sometimes called the present perfect progressive tense) is formed by using the present tense of the auxiliary verb have (or has, if used with third-person singular pronouns) along with been (the past participle of the auxiliary verb be) and the present participle (-ing form) of the “main” verb. For Example-. 8) She has been foraging through the remains _________ over five hours. MCQ Exercises/Worksheets/Activities on Positive/Negative/Interrogative Present Perfect Continuous Tense: Complete the following sentences by choosing the appropriate verbs, auxiliary verbs (has, have), been from the choices provided so as to form sentences in Present Perfect Continuous Tense. The above sentences are a different from their counterparts in Negative form in a way that they are Interrogative. 15) Have you been attending the conference since Monday? The structure of the Present Perfect Continuous tense is: The first auxiliary (have) is conjugated in the Present Simple: have, has, The second auxiliary (be) is invariable in past participle form: been, The main verb is invariable in present participle form: -ing. 18) Has she been cooking ________ one hour? 1. 14) I ________ not been ________ to my parents since last year. 16) Has the kids been eating the same food since two days? Present perfect continuous tense adalah suatu bentuk kata kerja yang digunakan untuk menyatakan aksi yang telah selesai pada suatu titik di masa lalu atau aksi telah dimulai di masa lalu dan terus berlanjut sampai sekarang. 19) Have we been __________ to the charity? STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Look at these example sentences with the Present Perfect Continuous tense: When we use the Present Perfect Continuous tense in speaking, we often contract the subject and the first auxiliary verb. Practice forming more Negative Sentences in the Present Perfect Continuous form taking guidance from the formula and example sentences. Simple Present Tense Forming the Present Perfect Continuous Adjectives that start with A! How to say present perfect continuous in sign language? She writes regularly and always seeks for creativity and tries hard to polish her writing skills to make them glitter with the same shimmer that her name owns. Present Perfect Continuous tense represents the work which started in the past and is still running. For Example-. A time reference is found in these kind of sentences like “since 2000”, “for 2 hours”. 1) He has ________ looking for you since yesterday. 20) He has been talking on phone _______ an hour. For Example: Both the above sentences are – interrogative, negative and structurally correct. Present Perfect Continuous Tense : Definition, Useful Examples & Excercise, Positive Statements | Present Perfect Continuous, Negative Statements | Present Perfect Continuous, Interrogative Statements / Questions | Present Perfect Continuous, 300 Useful Adjectives That Start with B …, Subjunctive: Definition, Useful Usage and Examples in …, Simple Future Tense: Definition and Useful Examples …, Future Perfect Continuous Tense: Definition and Useful …, ‘have been’ with the subjects ‘I’, ‘You’, ‘We’ and ‘They’, ‘has been’ with the subjects ‘He’ and ‘She’, ‘have not been’ with the subjects ‘I’, ‘You’, ‘We’ and ‘They’, ‘has not been’ with the subjects ‘He’ and ‘She’, ‘have’ with the subjects ‘I’, ‘You’, ‘We’ and ‘They’. All this helps her to write in more informative way. The verb form remains the same for all subjects. Even though the activity is finished, we can see the result in the present: I have been … Carefully go through the following negative sentences written in Present Perfect Continuous form-. The formula for Interrogative sentences in Present Perfect Continuous from is-, (Has/Have + subject + been + ‘ing’ form of verb + time frame).