an unfinished time word ( this week, today, etc. Follow the list for detailed expressions; The tenses simply show the time of an action. Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. It usually comes between the auxiliary verb ( have or has ) and the main verb. For Differences Between Present Perfect Tense and Simple Past Tense click here, For Differences Between Present Perfect Tense and Present Perfect Continuous Tense click here. ( or the result of the event is important, not the time of the event ). 2. When you are sure that you understand the lesson, you can continue with the exercises. What was nasdaq index close on December 31 2007? This tense is used to express actions completed recent past. It is also used to show surprise about things that have happened or will have happened earlier than we expected. (We use “just” in affirmative ( positive ) sentences and questions). Can you take flexeril and diclofenac together? ( Unfinished Actions / Duration from Past until Now ). Present Perfect Tense is used to express an action that happened at an unspecified time in the past and the impact of the event is now continuing. The present perfect is often used when the time is recent. What is the dispersion medium of mayonnaise? 163 164 165. So we usually use ‘since’ or ‘for’ to express “how long”. Present Perfect Tense is used to express repeated actions in an unspecified time between the past and now. 3.It hasn’t drunk the water. Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? ( or the result of the event is important, not the time of the event ) … Answer. “For” is used with a period of time in the past, present or future. What is the present perfect tense of study? It usually comes at the end of a sentence. I have seen three movies this week. “Never” is used to refer to not at any time. In this tense, it is important whether the event occured or not. What is the best way to fold a fitted sheet? “Since”  is used with a point ( previous point ) in time in the past. I have seen three movies this week. It usually comes between the auxiliary verb ( have or has ) and the main verb. The Present Perfect Tense is formed by putting “to have  ( have or has )” before the past participle of the verb. Present Perfect Tense is used when we talk about life experiences. 100 Sentences of Present Perfect Tense | Examples of Present Perfect Tense 1.My sister has already made a big cake. verb + ed. She have had six exams so far this semester. Ikuko has just arrived in Victoria. : HAVE  + Subject ( I, YOU, WE, YOU, THEY ) + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), HAS + Subject ( HE, SHE, IT ) + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ). 3. The present perfect is often used when the time is not mentioned. Present Perfect Tense is used when we talk about accomplishments. 7. I have been studying; you have been studying; he/she/it has been studying; we have been studying; you have been studying; they have been studying ( Finished Actions —-Past Event & Present Result ). When did organ music become associated with baseball? 5. Present perfect continuous. We often use the present perfect with some time adverbials ( adverbs of time ). English is an International language. The period of time is still continuing. ( We use “yet” mostly in negative sentences and questions but not usually in positive sentences ). Greg has lived here for 20 years. Some of them are mentioned here. What is the present perfect tense of study. The present perfect is formed like this: have plus past participle. )“. ), a finished time word ( yesterday, last week, etc. Top Answer. Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? Present Perfect Tense is used to express an event that started in the past and the impact of the event is now continuing (or a long-running event that started in the past and is still going on). 6. How do you put grass into a personification? It uses auxiliary verb and past participle for the main verb i.e. The present perfect is often used with for and since. 6. Here is a brief review of the form and function of the present perfect tense. The present perfect tense of a verb is formed using the helping verb 'have' or 'has' and the past participle form of the verb. The present perfect is used when the time period has not finished. It usually comes between the auxiliary verb ( have or has ) and the main verb. English is second language of our Cambodia,Thank you for all your details, Subject ( I, YOU, WE, YOU, THEY ) + HAVE + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), Subject ( I, YOU, WE, YOU, THEY ) + HAVE  + NOT + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), + Subject ( I, YOU, WE, YOU, THEY ) + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), Present Perfect Tense is used to talk about. “Ever” is used to refer to at any time. (This week has not finished yet.) ( We use “already” in affirmative ( positive ) sentences and questions but not usually in negative sentences ). Did the Jonas Brothers Co-Write Get Back by Demi Lovato? We often use stative verbs / non-continuous verbs / mixed verbs in such sentences). PRESENT PERFECT TENSE Present Perfect Tense is used to express an event that started in the past and the impact of the event is now continuing (or a long-running event that started in the past and is still going on). Was Greta Van Susteren a defense attorney in the OJ Simpson case? How long will the footprints on the moon last? 7. 2. i have learn daily and i”m very much satisfy for this lesson. have not –> haven’t   Ex: I haven’t seen. (We use “never” in negative sentences ( negative meaningful )). Present Perfect Tense is used to express an action that ended recently. This tense is used to express actions completed recent past. It usually comes between the auxiliary verb ( have or has ) and the main verb. Anonymous Answered . This lesson Is excellent for all the English learner Like our country Nepal, English is second language. 1. 4. 1. Present Perfect Tense is used when we talk about changes that has occurred over periods of time. “Present Perfect Tense” is used with “an unfinished time word ( this week, today, etc. Function. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. In such sentences, we use “Simple Past Tense”. Question Words (who, what, why, etc.) The present perfect is used when the time period has not finished. The present perfect is often used when the time is recent. All Rights Reserved. 5. In this tense, it is important whether the event occured or not. POSITIVE FORM (+) :  Subject ( I, YOU, WE, YOU, THEY ) + HAVE + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), Subject ( HE, SHE, IT ) + HAS + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), NEGATIVE FORM (-) : Subject ( I, YOU, WE, YOU, THEY ) + HAVE  + NOT + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), Subject ( HE, SHE, IT ) + HAS + NOT + V3 ( third form of main verb – past participle ), QUESTION FORM (?)