It's not considered safe to put frozen chicken in the slow cooker (because it may take too long to come up to a safe temperature), but the slow cooker is designed for raw meat -- so that's no problem. It was updated in December, 2018. Simply prepare the stew according to the recipe below, allow to cool to room temperature, package in airtight containers or plastic freezer bags, and, 4-Ingredient Dump and Bake Pizza Casserole ยป. It really does taste like the filling of chicken pot pie. If you've enjoyed a few too many glasses of eggnog, more than your fair share of cinnamon buns, or just a boatload of holiday cookies, then have no fear! 263 calories; protein 17.1g 34% DV; carbohydrates 33.7g 11% DV; fat 6.9g 11% DV; cholesterol 36.8mg 12% DV; sodium 1415.6mg 57% DV. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I just pinned this receipe however it says 3-4 pounds of chicken and that seems like alot, the picture of the chicken in the crockpot shows only 2 good size chicken breasts. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This looks so hearty and delicious! In a 3-qt. Can also be served over noodles. In just one cup, there is 185 calories, 10 grams carbs, 30 grams protein. Must try! I'm saving this to make when the weather is cooler! Total Carbohydrate Thanks! Thank you Blair for a delicious recipe! Thank you so much for sharing this!!! Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. I was delicious! Yes, it's definitely not a summer meal for you guys in Australia! But the bouillon just ended up giving the whole thing that salty, artificial chicken flavor, like eating a packet of ramen flavoring. The black pepper should really be reduced to 1/2t unless you like tasting black pepper in every bite. Important thing to note is you absolutely positively do not need to add the bouillon cubes. Hi, Janice! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! I hope that you love it! I have blood pressure problems so I skipped out on the celery and garlic salt and boulion cubes - and used plain garlic a big family sized can of cream of chicken soup and one small can of cream of celery soup! Try it with 1/4 tsp salt and only pepper on the chicken, no salt. Success! You can also subscribe without commenting. Remove the skin from bone-in chicken breasts, and then place the chicken on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker. . You shouldn't need to precook the chicken before it goes into the Crock Pot. So glad that you enjoyed it! Place the chicken, onion and carrots in a 3- or 4-qt. So much better than just following a recipe. I decreased the amount of salt by 75% and this tasted delicious. Yes! Hi, Mary! Reheat the chicken stew on the stovetop over low heat, just until warm. Absolutely! Hi, Cathy! Since I use boneless chicken breasts I just did not think about the weight with bones lol. In a small bowl mix together the water and cornstarch until smooth. My family loved this I did put only 1 tsp pepper not the 1 TBS. I also combine about 1/4 cup flour with some water and added to the dish during the last 15 minutes of cooking. I found both things to like and things that could be improved with this recipe. I am a bit confused. My slow cooker runs at a pretty high temperature and tends to cook things relatively quickly, so my boneless skinless chicken breasts are often done with just 2 hours on HIGH or 3-4 hours on LOW. Hello Blair. Enjoy! I did not add the potatoes as my family ate it over biscuits. Stir into the stew and cook on HIGH without the lid for 30 minutes (or until broth thickens a little bit). Well, let me rephrase... 1 chicken bc does taste fine w/o being salty when you add the potatoes. I hope that your stew is delicious! The preparation was also extremely simple; the most time-consuming part was cubing the chicken. Great! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it, Will! If you're using chicken thighs, however, you'll need more than 2 thighs (since they're smaller).