PS5 games can't be stored on external hard drives. Are you sure you didn't set up your external hdd right, TC? Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. I'm no super hero, just an Oklahoma gamer. Start the PS4 system in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep. I'm using the front right USB and seems to be fine. That flies. WD Blue Series SSD. My son's ps4 has corrupted data and won't work anymore. Make sure you do not disconnect during the shut down process or putting the PS4™ system into rest mode. The drive also works properly on the pc and Xbox one (rest mode included). If you leave HDD plugged in in rest mode and then the power cuts off after three hours, when you turn it back on there’s a chance the console will tell you something like “extended storage was removed incorrectly and needs to be repaired”. It is safe to disconnect the external storage device. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. How do I share one PSN Plus membership with two PS4's? PS5 games can't be stored on external hard drives. Your hub for everything related to PS4 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and screenshots. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. I download one game at a time to my external hdd, put my PS4 in rest mode and let it do its thing. Your problem sounds like you might need to have an external source of power feeding into your external hdd, like I have. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I set up an external hard drive (Seagate 2.5" SSHD in Vantec enclosure) with my PS4 Pro and all is good except for when using rest mode. I've been doing it the last two days. Even after 3 hours pass and the USB ports lose power, there is no problem when waking my PS4 from rest mode. Select “Power Options” and then select “Turn Off PS4” instead of “Enter Rest Mode.” That will just turn your PS4 off that one time, however. If I buy a PS5 in the US Will my Japanese kids be able to play it? Help! That's what I'll probably end up doing but it still means I won't be able to download updates unless they go to my internal HDD. If I put the system into rest mode it appears to shut the drive off but when I power back on I get a screen saying my external was not shut down properly followed by another saying it is damaged and needs to be repaired (after which it works properly again). Switch it to external during the day, and if you need to leave it in Rest mode overnight without the HDD working, switch to internal. My son's ps4 has corrupted data and won't work anymore. It was only included in last weeks update. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Do i need a HDMI 2.0 cable for PS4 Slim ? PS4 Pro won't turn on after initializing! Not sure how im going to install patches that take 10 plus hours without rest mode. Besides their line of traditional Hard Drives, Western Digital is also active in the … Select the USB storage device to format and choose [Format as Extended Storage]. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Does anyone know of a solution (other than ejecting the drive manually each time I shut down) or has Sony responded about a fix? I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am. The largest PlayStation 4 community on the internet. How to format the HDD as extended storage Go to [Settings] > [Devices] > [USB Storage Devices]. So yeah, you can download to an external hdd while the PS4 is in rest mode. First thing you should try is switching to a different USB port. "Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?". I'm personally using a mobile USB powered (no AC adapter) LaCie 1 tb drive and it works perfectly, and I have my USB power settings at 3 hours. Has the demand for easy mode in souls games reached critical mass yet? You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Weird, my AC powered external HDD turns off while my PS4 is in rest mode. Do i need a HDMI 2.0 cable for PS4 Slim ? Can i put ps4 in restmode while copying from internal to external storage? I've searched and seen a lot of mention about this issue but no solutions. If I put the system into rest mode it appears to shut the drive off but when I power back on I get a screen saying my external was not shut down properly followed by another saying it is damaged and needs to be repaired (after which it works properly again).This does not happen when I shut down completely, only in rest mode. From the [Quick Menu], select [Sound/Devices] > [Stop Using Extended Storage]. Follow the instructions below to properly disconnect your external device. Well, it's a simple destination switch, innit? I have tried changing the USB power mode from off to always on but that doesn't have any effect on this. Can I intialize the Ps4 without deleting his account? If I buy a PS5 in the US Will my Japanese kids be able to play it? can anyone confirm this? If you have a drive that works properly in rest mode what make/model is it? The PS4 now needs an option to turn off external HDD's in rest mode. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Switch it to external during the day, and if you need to leave it in Rest mode overnight without the HDD working, switch to internal. Granted, it takes it about 10-15 minutes for it to shut down, but eventually it does shut down. mine worked as well, can you put a game that is installed on a harddrive in rest mode and come back? But if you want to actually turn your PS4 off, long-press the PlayStation button at the center of your controller. So yeah, you can download to an external hdd while the PS4 is in rest mode. Can I intialize the Ps4 without deleting his account? Now it's supports and external drive that 250gb+ with USB 3.0. Using the rear USB I had the same problems. Your PS4 uses Rest Mode by default, so if that’s what you want, you’re done! I queued about 40 games and all their dlc/patches since the 4.50 update and I've left it in rest mode over the past couple of days. Select Safe Mode option 3 "Update System Software". How do I share one PSN Plus membership with two PS4's? Well, it's a simple destination switch, innit? Select [Ok]. PSN/NNID/XBL (PSP,PS3,Vita,PS4,Wii-U,3DSXL,360) 3.5" 3TB Sata 3 7200 RPM 64MB cache HDD PS4 w/PSVR. Make sure you do not disconnect during the shutdown process or when putting the PS4™ into rest mode. Select [Update from USB Storage Device] > [OK]. Press J to jump to the feed. Charge your controllers from an AC outlet with an adapter and turn power off for USB ports, if you need to use Rest mode for prolonger periods of time. That's strange that by keeping the USB on the "always" powered option that this would happen. Can i put ps4 in restmode while copying from internal to external storage? Downloading games onto an external HDD in rest mode. I set up an external hard drive (Seagate 2.5" SSHD in Vantec enclosure) with my PS4 Pro and all is good except for when using rest mode. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY.