The ps5 is not gonna run any heavy games above 60fps, they may try some gimmick to run minesweeper and candy crush kind of games at 120hz to sell new tv's. Get the 144hz one, the PS5 will probably force 120Hz on that monitor, I would however wait if possible for more information from Sony, specially because that monitor probably has a HDMI 1.4 port and we don't know if the PS5 will support 1080p 120hz with HDMI 1.4, it should but Sony is sometimes weird with this stuff. FreeSync. The PS5 supports lower-resolution content except for 1440p, so you don't necessarily need to get a 4k model if you prefer a higher refresh rate and a 1080p resolution. Response Time: … The Xbox Series X and PS5 draw near or have maybe already released by the time you’re reading this. Edit: lots of assumption below that the PS5 will output at 1440p/144Hz. This is one of the best gaming monitor for PS5, it has a high refresh rate of 144Hz and a fast response time of 1ms. Sceptre C305B. So, if you can wait for an hdmi 2.1 screen it would be for the best. Depends on what you want. Running 60 fps on a 75 Hz monitor will have lots of judder and uneven motion, worse still if game runs at 30 fps. It's easy! As of latest news, it may, the PS5 will also reportedly 120fps with selected games. Started 31 minutes ago Get the 144hz one, the PS5 will probably force 120Hz on that monitor, I would however wait if possible for more information from Sony, specially because that monitor probably has a HDMI 1.4 port and we don't know if the PS5 will support 1080p 120hz with HDMI 1.4, it should but Sony is sometimes weird with this stuff. HDMI 2.1 supports up to 10K 120Hz. Posted in Tech News, By I plan on getting the PS5 at some point, maybe not on release but still. Same argument for the 144 Hz monitor. The ps5 and xbox have the hardware of a mid-end and some next generation mid end gpus. 1440p 144hz monitors are one of the best and most affordable ways to get into higher than 60fps gaming, ranging from $250 onwards. I've had a 75hz screen before and couldn't see a difference. CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15, Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia (Proprietary Thermaltake View 21, side intake, not front)  PSU: ATNG 800w 80+ Bronze (replacing when shortage is over) Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home, Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV). Both run at 1080p and have a 1ms response rate. Posted in Networking, By The PS5 will use HDMI for HDMI 2.1. So i would wait with a purchase till there is any confirmation regarding frame rates on PS5. Thus also 4K 120Hz, even at 4K up to 240Hz. On the other hand, if you have an AMD GPU and don't mind the lower resolution, go for the Asus. Most low and mid-range TVs don't even support it yet and developers aren't going to commit a ton of resources to making their games run perfectly at a framerate that most of the audience can't benefit from. Discussion. Khoomn The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. The difference is the refresh rate, one is at 75hz and the other is at 144hz. Zhencovic The cheapest 4k 120 tv … If I had to go with one now it would be the 144Hz monitor. Started 3 minutes ago I'd go for whichever one reviewed better personally, but don't let 120fps support be the core reason you buy one. I can't be sure if PS5 for Xbox will support FreeSync or if you will care about that. 90 and above make much bigger differences. With all these improvements to HDMI standard, there is another port that also started to gain adoption for monitors, and that is the new USB Type-C port. save. My 1440p 144hz monitor has an HDMI 2.0b port. VA Panel. You can use a high frame monitor but the game will run at whatever frames the game is locked to, even if your monitor can run 144hz it will not make the game run smoother , but yes it will work on the PS5. First : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0829S7178/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1&tag=linus21-20 fenriswolf200 if you are looking for something for the ps5 just get a good 60hz 4k tv. Close. Why though? The only thing new with 2.1 is this marketing push to put G-Sync and FreeSync on televisions. Neither 75 nor 144 Hz match the expected frame rates of PS5 games, you should look into whether you can change the refresh rate of these monitors manually from their menus. Everybody's speculating about this but literally no one has any knowledge about it... Just wait a couple of months until more details are released about how games will run on the Ps5. It will likely only support TV typical configurations, 1080p or 4K, at 120 Hz only via HDMI 2.1. UnlameUsername Cookies help us deliver our Services. Posted in Programming, By 4K monitors for PS5? 1080p with down scaling will be super crispy. Will I need 144hz, 4k monitor for the PS5? Posted in Programs, Apps and Websites, By 2. 144hz all the way. Started August 31, By By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Between the choices 4K/60, but the real answer is to hold off for HDMI 2.1 4K monitors. 1080p 120Hz doesn't require or benifit from HDMI 2.1. the 144Hz monitor would be the move because exactly like the PS4 pro I'm sure you will be able to prioritize frame rate or resolution. Press J to jump to the feed. I have a 2080ti and thr most the HDMI can do is 1440p and 120fps. It is an outstanding 240Hz monitor with impressive gaming performance and breathtaking colors, ready for the PS5. i just bought a new monitor for this reason and others. 30-inch Full HD 2560x1080 resolution Ultra Wide Display. I mean, if it supports VRR it will run at all of them. GOTSpectrum Only if you care about pew pew online shooters. I have a folder in my computer that I haven't seen before called VC_RED and I was wondering what it was.