My local brewery carbonates with a flow meter instead of a psi gauge into their carbonation tank. (7 bar relative = 8 bar absolute = 8 * 101.325 = 810 kPa), 500 Nl/min = (810 kPa/101.325 kPa) x 273.15/(273.15 + 20) * V2. No need to be fancy, just an overview. There was no JavaScript there and all conversions had to be done on server. You can hide the blocks you don't need by clicking on the block headline. I couldn't switch out the argon adaptor for the CO2 and neither could the dudes at Harbor Freight. We launched the first version of our online units converter in 1995. Instant Conversion for Units of Flow Rate by Volume. they are not themselves flow meters though, and can not measure flow rate...? You must log in or register to reply here. But in a closed system like adding pressure to a closed container like a keg it will reach a certain point and and stop flowing at what ever the regulator is set to. You will probably blow up a keg if it's left attached. Solution: PSI = (f x 8 x n x l) / πr 4 = (10 x 8 x 15 x 5) / (3.14 x 2 4) = 119.4268 lb/in 2. Otherwise this site will not work Please let me know if you have more questions. Cliquez pour vous rabattre en français. Эта страница есть на русском языке. The service was slow. Your value gets instantly converted to all other units on the page. Litres per hour is measuring volume per time, while psi is measuring force per area. Now find the unit you want and get the conversion result I weld a bunch and use l/min regulators all the time. This is true that measuring flow is different than measuring psi. Choose how you want to have your digit groups To conserve space on the page some units block may display collapsed. Bought co2 regulator, it's litres/min not psi! This page is also available in English. liters/ min is flowrate. This type of regulator CANNOT read flow BUT knowing the inner diameter of the gas out port you can calculate PSI against that diameter and know ruffly what the flow rate would be. We have carbonated 4 kegs and emptied 2 since it has been in use. If you want maximum precision, set the number to 9. In the calculation to normal conditions, we need to use absolute pressure (not relative) and absolute temperature (Degrees Kelvin: 0 degrees Celsius is 273.15 degrees Kelvin). Hey boys just wanted to post the info. Nl/min means "normal liters per minute". Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Recipes, http://www.harborfreight.com/regulator-gauge-94841.html, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f128/flow-rate-o2-293744/. For everyday conversions we recommend choosing 3 or 4 significant digits. but wanted to see If you were sucessful at carbing the keg or if you shot your keg accross the State! Download free l/min to psi converter. I know this is not much info. To make compressed air understandable for everyone! Il y a cette page en français. Please pick one from the list. Sorry, your browser does not seem to support JavaScript Clicking again will expand the block. the gauges are mislabled- the inner ring of numbers on the low pressure gauge is actually PSI. I do appreciate all of the information generated. Nl/min means "normal liters per minute". 1 decade ago. Example 1: 50 l/min at 7 bar, 25 degrees Celsius, to Nl/min, 50 Lpm x (810 kPa/101.325 kPa) x 273.15 / (273.15 + 25) = 367 NL/min. To change to psi, 1ft² = 12" x 12" = 144in². your browser settings. It sounds like you have a flow meter, not a regulator. A gauge cannot measure flow- it has a spring in it which reacts to pressure, not volume- a flow meter is entirely different. which is required for the converter to function. I have included many flowcharts, diagrams and pictures.