111 If you had to describe me in three words what would they be? Any goals you’d like to accomplish? Why haven’t you told them yet? You’re really good at explaining thing. If you could have a free punch to someone’s face, who would it be and why? Matt Valentine is a father, husband, and a self-published author. Now, don’t feel like you have to follow these in order or that these are the only questions you should ask. What genre of books would you spend the most time looking through in a bookstore? I’m a victim of the How Trap. What do you feel your spouse needs in their future to be happy, healthy and have a wonderful life with you? What are some of the most comforting smells or scents to you? 162 Would you be willing to murder an innocent person if it meant ending hunger in the world? 137 What would you like said at your funeral? Do you want to own your own home but need to save for a downpayment first? 173 If you could project yourself into the future and not return, would you do so? It’s important to NOT skip the questions, even if you know the answer to them. What physical features of mine do you hope our kids receive? If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be? Frances has been featured on various platforms, including Scary Mommy, Thrive Global, Medium and SBS Radio. How do you deal with the opposite gender at work/school … etc.? It is important to take the time to understand who you are, your life goals, and what you are looking for in a spouse and in marriage. 77 If you gave money to charities which ones would you choose and why? What’s one difference between us that you absolutely love? Why? Who would you most like to go with? 144 If you had the option to find out what friends and acquaintances REALLY think of you, would you want to know? You may think you know your partner well – after all couples take a crash course in Partner’s Basic Personality 101 when they begin to live together. Below are a few questions you could ask your partner. True that we usually just focus on the day to day questions, often taking for granted the deeper questions that can truly strengthen our relationships. 8  What are your three favorite body parts on me and why? 180 Relative to the population at large, how do you rate your physical attractiveness? What would you do with your life if you were suddenly awarded a billion dollars? Question on your “36 questions to ask your significant other”: How are #28 & #31 different? What exactly do you want to avoid in a life partner (honestly and clearly)? 41. What’s your favorite way to receive affection? How many days could you go without electricity? If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Hoe overleef ik mijn relatie in tijden van apocalyps? How many telephone numbers do you actually have memorized? Thank you for your work! How does that person inspire you? When did you last sing to yourself? In what way? Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. I mean, really know them– the deep questions: their likes, dislikes, trauma, regrets, passions, dreams and greatest desires ? Talking too much business stuff – the kids’ schedules, work stress, etc. 91 How do you think you teach children moral values? When do you want to retire? Did you ever have a wish come true blowing out birthday candles? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 86 If you could ask me one question what would it be? So after numerous tests, he came up with these deliciously intimate questions to bring strangers closer together. I think it’s presumptuous to assume because you are married to someone you know everything about them. 110 If you had to describe yourself in three words what would they be? Whom would you like to speak? What celebrity should be cast as you if your life was put into a movie? How will being married impact on your finances? 26 What is the best decision you ever made? We hope you two have fun with it! Who is your favorite late night tv show host? 100 Conversational Questions to ask your spouse. To what extent to do you expect your wife to consult with you on decisions? See our Privacy Policy for more details. If you would like to support our work with a one-off contribution, please visit amaliah.com/support. 166 For $1,000,000 would you be willing to never see or talk to your best friend again? Thank for these! Check them out! I want to know who you are. Why? There’s so much possibility and adventure. 17. 47. Personalize them to suit your partner and relationship. Required fields are marked *. Remember, while this is supposed to be insightful, above all, it is supposed to be FUN! How about couples in a long-term relationship? How many days could you go without a phone? FUN QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR PARTNER . 169 If you decided to do something but everyone begged you not to, would you still do it anything? Heart to Heart Time with Your Spouse: 50 things to ask each other. Now, don’t feel like you have to follow these in order or that these are the only questions you should ask. How do you determine whether someone is the right person for you? This is so f***ing awesome, I just don’t know what to say. If so, what was it? Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Even thinking about the process of getting married can seem daunting sometimes. What’s your biggest fear for this relationship? What is the relationship between you and your family? Have you ever been in a studio audience for a tv show? 2  What’s your idea of a truly romantic evening? I’ve shared in previous blog posts like, “The Importance of Fun,” how I have made mistakes in the past of bringing up business stuff like chores and the to-do list, and how it has dampened the fun of our dates. Don’t assume you know everything about your partner. 189 If you could choose how to die, how would it happen? 190 What would make you feel betrayed by your partner? 20. If you had some extra time to do what you want, what would you do? What do you want them to remember? What was your first impression about me? 191 Do you feel you have enough time? Some of those questions are meant to spark laughter and fun like these 21 Questions to ask on Date Night. We have asked each other questions from a few different resources, but I’ll be honest, I haven’t found a single resource for questions that are ideal for married couples. And that’s the point. And knowing what it looks like means knowing what you want to be part of your future. Excellent post. 55 How do think people perceive you? Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake? I know I’m not the only one. This is always a fun question to ask, and even more fun to record and see if you end up where you thought you would. How do you save money? Workaholic. 15. Submitting will also send you an invite to subscribe you to the Freshly Married newsletter, so check your email to confirm your subscription :). Setting financial goals is part of managing your money like a pro. What is an important life lesson you’ve learned? Write out everything you want to achieve in the next year, five years, ten years and then make this list your ‘to do’ list and you’re on your way!