I did added diced chicken breast and cucumbers as well as snow peas. ). I agree that the salad was pretty dry (is it supposed to be? Of course, you can also make it vegan by using agave nectar instead of honey. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve fresh. Ready in less than 30 minutes. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. This post may contain affiliate links. © 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. To make the dressing, combine lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, maple syrup, a garlic clove, and a touch of salt in your blender. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Made this tonight for lunches for meal prep lunches. This recipe calls for three cups of cooked quinoa, and that's because you have so many options for the actual cooking! You cut the seasonal veggies into bite-size pieces ; Heat a pan, saute the veggies with curry powder … « 5-minute citrus dressing (blender recipe), Easy pineapple fried rice in under 30 minutes », Quinoa salad with cranberries and citrus dressing recipe, 1 lemon yields approximately 2 tablespoons of juice, 1 large orange yields approximately ¼ cup of juice. Filled with warm curry flavors and loaded with seasonal veggies, this Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries will be your new favorite recipe. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until tender. I used 1/4 cup lime juice and no onions. Was excited for this because I love all the ingredients but it was underwhelming, not sure why. The dressing is delicate and light. You'll like it here. Disclosure: This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Table of ContentsHow to cook the quinoa You’ll love opening your refrigerator and seeing a container of it waiting to be your lunch or dinner. What to Serve with Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries: You can serve this salad as is or you can pair it with –. Thank you - delicious! A salad with cranberries is a happy salad. Notify me of replies to my comment via email. Then, add it to a large serving bowl. Quinoa fluffs up when cooking, which is why 2 ½ cups of ingredients gets you 3 to 3 ½ cups of finished product. I really do agree with the tip to get pre-cut squash because this added to my cooking time by an embarrassing 30 minutes! The secret to unlocking quinoa's full deliciousness is to complement that bitterness with sweet flavors and creamy textures. That’s exactly how simple this recipe is and it adds so much charm to the dinner menu along with deliciousness. For this salad we’ll be mixing ingredients like quinoa, cranberries, scallions, almonds, and feta cheese to form the salad base. Please read my disclosure policy. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. In a big bowl, add quinoa, cooked vegetables, Dried Cranberries, lemon juice, cilantro and mix everything. Back to Cranberry Quinoa Salad with Broccoli. 176 calories; protein 5.4g 11% DV; carbohydrates 31.6g 10% DV; fat 3.9g 6% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 13.1mg 1% DV. Both my husband and I agree the cilantro taste was too strong so in the future I will use less cilantro. If that’s not a concern for you, you could give it a try! On top of the fruit elements, this salad … Then, add it to a saucepan. Watch cranberry quinoa salad come to life. Remove from the oven and set aside. If you've been struggling with weekday lunches, struggle no more. I love the unique way of cooking the quinoa and the great combinations of the flavors. Home » Vegan recipes » Salads » Quinoa salad with cranberries and simple citrus dressing, Last Modified: May 25, 2020 by Becky Striepe. The saltiness from the feta amplifies the sweet cranberries and all of the fresh parsley and green onion, making every bite that much more delicious. Quinoa salad with cranberries and avocado is perfect tossed with sweet-tart citrus vinaigrette. Quinoa salad with cranberries and citrus dressing recipe. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! I’ve already added the dressing. Delicious made as written. download my top 8 dessert recipe ebook, Mexican Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing, Zucchini Noodle Caprese Salad with Walnut Pesto. The dried cranberries in this quinoa salad recipe are a great start. I added roasted brussel sprouts and arugula and I’m very excited to eat it this week. To make this salad even simpler, apart from the first 3 ingredients, you can swap/use any other ingredients as per choice. With a delicious lemon dijon dressing, it’s the perfect refreshing side dish or main course! Add the dressing on top and mix together. Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad with Cranberries. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/quinoa-salad-dried-cranberries Keeps well in the fridge. Read More... Do you head to the grocery store and feel overwhelmed with all of the options? But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Just freeze in an airtight container, and thaw in the microwave or let it thaw on the countertop. Mix olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, and garlic together in a small bowl to make dressing. To assemble the salad, combine the cooked quinoa while still warm, roasted squash, cranberries, red onions, and toasted pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Add the vegetable stock and turn on the heat. It has instructions for on the stovetop, in a rice cooker, or in a pressure cooker. I think I will also add a little extra broccoli next time. OK I made a couple changes because I had already thawed some salmon fillets and wanted a one dish meal. Highly recommend! Should take about 10 minutes to cook and no biiter flavour! Top things off with an easy, citrusy dressing, and you'd better get ready to love quinoa salad! Oh great to know that it is still tasty with a bit less oil! See my Privacy Policy for more details. Also perfect for when I go home as I have family who are vegan and gluten free so I’ll be bookmarking this recipe! I know the feeling! I personally like that taste, but I can see how it can be a lot, if that's not your thing. Delicious! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Filled with warm curry flavors and loaded with seasonal veggies, this Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries will be your new favorite recipe. How to store it Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified.