I raise California rabbit's and had to double the recipe for the bigger rabbit. of bacon and used the drippings to brown the floured rabbit in, then put the bacon crumbled up into the sauce. Subscribe for our newsletter and get the free email course Intro To Backyard Chickens as well as a free printable checklist to walk you through step by step! Thanks to April Barkulis for sharing her Mom's recipe. Marinated rabbit gravy recipe. Please try again. Cut rabbit into frying pieces. vegetable oil. Both were great. Info. Thanks to the person that submitted the recipe because I love rabbit and never sure how to fix it. My husband loves game meat. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. You could also make the base sauce using rabbit broth if you have any on hand. Great recipe! Reduce heat and cover tightly. The answer is just about anything! My whole family rated this 5 stars. For a crisp crust, uncover for the last 10-15 minutes of cooking. In 2017, Tim & Naomi decided to start the Happy Hoppers Organic Rabbit Farm. Place in the rabbits, add a half a stick of butter, garlic and herbs. you’ll find a few sliced mushrooms a tasty addition. The couple has been truly humbled by the support of their community and now supply over 10 families with Rabbit as a superior protein. I hope you’ll stick around for advice and inspiration on how to live more fully on less. 3 heads garlic Pour stock over all of it and cover. Delicious thank you! to the skillet and let it cook. You can save money at the grocery store without a time intensive garden or committing to raising livestock. One of my favorite ways to cook with rabbit is to make a delicious rabbit gravy and serve it over rice. You can to connect with social networks or by Login form (if you are a member). Blend drippings and flour thoroughly in the skillet, add milk gradually, and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking until rabbit is tender and sauce is reduced to about 4 cups, about 50 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. My kids love this over rice, but you could also serve it on top of home grown vegetables for a completely home grown meal that’s also paleo and keto friendly. and finally save money and grow delicious vegetables! The first step in making rabbit gravy is to debone the rabbit. Add 2 tablespoons cooking oil to black pot. Really let down. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. of dried thyme and 1 tsp. 1 1/2 c. milk or chicken broth. Add brown, Cut elephant into bite sized ... Add enough brown, MAKING EGG NOODLES AT HOME (COOKING SCHOOL), WHOLE-GRAIN PIE CRUST W/ PUMPKIN PIE FILLING. Many people compare rabbit to chicken, and while the texture is slightly beefier, you can use rabbit in any recipe that calls for chicken in it. Shake to mix. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table.