Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. Claire, that's a trifle dish, but you could also, make it in a large clear glass bowl, and although, it wouldnt' be quite as pretty, it would still be very nice. Fold 2 cups of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. 4 ratings 5.0 out of 5 star rating. Slice pound cake into 18 - 1/2 inch slices. Mm mm good!! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. What a beautiful dessert!! Offers may be subject to change without notice. This one's the real deal. Beautiful and luscious, this trifle is an impressive way to use your fresh raspberries. I'm going to try and make it this Christmas, in addition to these truffles, and homemade eggnog if I have time. 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home, http://www.fourgreensteps.com/community/recipes/desserts-a-goodies-/unbelievably-rich-chocolate-truffles, http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient. 34 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Fruit, cream, custard, sponge... What's not to love about this traditional layered dessert? Try these. I have made this recipe on several occasions and we all love it. It was a huge hit at Christmas and I plan on making it a yearly tradition! Hosting fewer guests this holiday season due to the coronavirus pandemic? Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Made this for a potluck this evening. Once I put blueberries in it with the raspberries for the fourth. I used Sara Lee pound cake -- very dense so the cake didn't fall apart after soaking up all the raspberry juice. Just the way the recipe is presented here, it's still a 10! Gently stir together jam and raspberries; spoon half over pudding Leave to cool for 30min. Toasted the pound cake and sandwiched two thin slices together with raspberry jam. I have made this recipe a few times now and alwasy get rave reviews for it. It was more like a cold compote but delicious. Arrange one-third of sliced cake in the bottom of a trifle dish or large decorative bowl. I have had this with brownies layered in it too. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, whipped cream and sifted cocoa. Repeat layers twice. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Refrigerate while you make the chantilly cream, Place the chilled double cream into a large bowl and whisk to a soft peak, add the reserved vanilla seeds and gradually add the caster sugar in small amounts, whisking to form stiff peaks, being careful not to beat too much as this may split the cream, Spoon or pipe the cream on top of the custard layer. This was WAY too sweet. Gently stir together jam and raspberries; spoon half over pudding. All Rights Reserved. Our fall-focused indoor and outdoor decorating ideas are guaranteed ways to make the perfect first impression when family and friends come calling on Thanksgiving—or any day during the season. Refrigerate until ready to serve and finish with a sprinkling of crushed and toasted pistachios, a few extra fresh raspberries, a sprig of mint and dusting of icing sugar, Join our Great British Chefs Cookbook Club. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Slice the trifle sponges in half and spread with the conserve. Crumble a couple of ratafias and sprinkle over the trifle. WOW! You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Next; Eggnog trifle. I used regular pound cake from the store and drizzled grand marnier over the slices. I used angel food cake and added raspberry liquer and frozen blackberries with the frozen raspberries! Used 1 1/2 loaves. Pour on top of the raspberries. To make the custard, put the egg yolks, sugar, cornflour and 2tbsp milk in a bowl and stir together. Then try our go-to menu. Let cool. I'm thinking of making a Meyer Lemon Pound Cake to use in this recipe next time. Reserve remaining whipped cream. I know have some Grand Marnier already on hand and know their is a raspberry liquer but I forget the name of it. Whisk the custard to loosen, then whisk in the cream. I would like to add a liquer next time. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Top with 3 (5-ounce) cartons vanilla fat-free pudding and 1 1/2 cups raspberries. White Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake, How Long are Thanksgiving Leftovers Good For? When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. This is a wonderful, indulgent summer dessert without having to make too much effort. For raspberry sauce, put sugar and cornflour in a medium saucepan. Drain raspberries, reserving juice. This is really a great recipe as is but I like to experiment and have had some good results with both the original and my own modifications (friends pleading for recipe is a good sign!). © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Chill. Slice pound cake into 18 - 1/2 inch slices. Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden's layout. Cut one-half loaf fat-free pound cake into cubes; place cubes on bottom of a 2-quart glass bowl or trifle dish. Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials. This trifle recipe is delicious and will be loved by all this Christmas! I have made this several times and it is always a huge hit! I have made this dessert every Christmas since Every Day Food first published it. Try using a layer of the raspberry jam inside thetrifle instead of just on the top. I was almost out by the time I got to the top layer. A couple of things I did: I used 3 8oz pkgs of cream cheese as others suggested and increased the sugar and other ingredients accordingly. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. I made this for a family gathering and everyone loved it. If I do this again (which is doubtful) I would half the sugar in the cream cheese mixture and not sweeten the cream at all. I made it using frozen raspberries, homemade triple berry jam, chocolate pound cake (Rose Levy Beranbaum Cake Bible recipe), and brushed the cake with a simple syrup mixed with creme de cassis. Very light and delicious. I also use my own homemade raspberry jam and fresh lemon juice. In another bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar. Put the rest of the milk in a pan, add the vanilla pod and seeds and bring to the boil. The bowl was empty! I made this recipe and added layers of shaved chocolate. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Nutrition Fit 1/3 of slices snugly in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or other glass bowl, trimming edges if necessary. Instead of using cocoa I used dark chocolate chunks sold in the baker's isle. It is easy to make, beautiful to present and delicious to eat! If the others at the party like it half as much as we did it will be a huge hit. Also used mixed berries to give it a bit more color. Butternut squash might be fall's most versatile (and beloved!) Add raspberries. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. It is a wonderful, easy recipe to prepare just as it is... nothing to add or adjust. Plus, people will never know how nice and easy it is to prepare if you use purchased pound cake or lady fingers. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Frozen berries work well too in the winter time. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. In a medium bowl, beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. I also used 2 cups heavy cream as other suggested. Omitted the cocoa dusting. Oh my gosh! This triple-tested trifle recipe is full of fruity raspberry flavours and will be a firm favourite this Christmas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. And it looks fabulous in the trifle dish. This looks fabulous! The pudding made it real easy to make and my whole Mothers Day party was in awe. We have discovered that frozen English raspberries are better than imported fresh ones at Christmas time, and that bog-standard trifle sponges absorb Maderia Soaked sponge cake, jam, fruit, custard and plenty of cream on top - what's not to love? Ours combines fruit, jam, juice-drenched pound cake, and whipped cream. Also increased heavy cream to 2 cups. I had guys asking me for the recipe to give to their wives:). Info. What a delicious and simple recipe! Separate the Raspberry Jelly into cubes and place in a bowl. Everyone gobbled it up. He went on to win two Michelin stars and own multiple restaurants in the North West. This recipe is so easy and tastes great! As they were thawing I added about 1/4 cup of water so I would have more syrup to pour over the cake slices and sprinkled the raspberries with sugar. Yum! Empty the 284ml carton of cream into a clean bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Prepare pudding according to package directions. We both loved it and it hasn't even set yet for the 4 hours in the refridgerator as suggested! Cover with remaining cake pieces. Will definitely be a regular at my house! I served it to my board of directors and it was a huge hit. In a large bowl, whip cream and 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks. Made this for our 4th of July party and it was a hit! Even Amazon is listed as having them. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish.