I've done lots of research and cannot pick a favorite, I guess that was fairly unanimous. I didn’t go with the panthera evo because it is intentionally hard to modify. AfterwRds disconnect the quick disconnects (id use needle nose pliers and pinch the tab so that you don’t mess them up) push the tabs on the sanwas, and insert your new one. Out of those, I would get the Obsidian, because it's got more advanced modding support (top panels for hitbox, noir or K-Lever setups). Has anyone opened up the Evo and switched out the buttons and if so how do i go about it without breaking the whole thing? The main function buttons have been moved to the top right and are lined up accordingly, giving it a much cleaner look. After you open it I suggest you take a picture of the wire configuration because you don’t want to mess it up when you change buttons. A discussion for anything fightstick related, and as a gallery for posting custom-made fightsticks. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There’s an added mute and volume button for the mic which is nice. So i got a panthera evo a couple days ago and I wanted to switch out the razer buttons to white sanwa's but I cant seem to find anything online about opening the thing up and switching out the buttons. Press J to jump to the feed. Fully mod-capable constructions allow competitors to customize the arcade stick to suit any playstyle. Just went through this same exercise and I ended up buying the obsidian. Your every reaction is activated in blinding speed when you take control of this beast. The panthera uses the same stick and buttons as the obsidian though. I’m super happy with it. Frustrations aside, which stick would you all recommend between the three? I'm a bit worried about the feel of sanwa silent buttons. I just heard that it has an insane amount of screws to unscrew and hella hard to switch out buttons. I thought I read they went out of business but the site is still online. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the fightsticks community. Shipped pretty fast out of Tracy , CA. The Razer Action Buttons featured in the Razer Panthera Evo utilizes 8 pushbuttons with the same Razer™ Mechanical Switches found in Razer’s most renowned gaming keyboards, fine-tuned for shorter actuation points. EVO is hard to get into and the Panthera doesn't have a headphone jack. I know tons about these sticks and do intend to change the buttons for sanwa silents. Now, this may be worrying to some players, especially to fans of Sanwa like myself. A significant change to the Panthera EVO is that it no longer has Sanwa buttons, instead, Razer has installed their own mechanical buttons, the same ones used in their keyboards. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I haven't used it so I can't say either way. One significant change from the original Panthera is that the Evo doesn’t use Sanwa buttons. Qanba obsidian, razer panthera, or panthera evo??? I just heard that it has an insane amount of screws to unscrew and hella hard to switch out buttons. Product description. The only reason I saw people not recommending it is because Madcatz stopped making them. Product description. It’s clear that Razer may have done this as some kind of cost-cu… How do you find the feel of the silent buttons? Fully mod-capable constructions allow competitors to customize the arcade stick to suit any playstyle. This is my first time modding a fightstick so im kinda afraid that im gonna break it. If you don’t like it you will have a tough time changing it. The Razer Panthera EVO is built with premium Sanwa hardware components—10 buttons and an 8-way joystick. Also, in regard to the silent buttons - you can save some cash by using these button silencers from focus attack. The size and weight are great and it sits good on your lap. I would change the art but I cannot use photoshop with any competence whatsoever so getting my art to even fill the templates is impossible for me. I did like the 1 button release a lot. Thank for all your help everybody. I tested out a crown lever when I got my obsidian on sale and liked it so much that I just bought an aluminum panel for my obsidian to convert it to accept k levers and now have a fujin v3 on the way. I have both silent and silenced buttons and they're basically the same. Don’t own an Evo but I’ve owned a HRaP4 and then sold it because it’s too light for my liking, anyways unfortunately that’s the only way to do it. The Panthera EVO is just pure cancer: Bad Razer buttons, very difficult to mod, and even the plexi is trash (It's smoky, not clear, and since it's curved you cannot replace it if it gets damaged). So i got a panthera evo a couple days ago and I wanted to switch out the razer buttons to white sanwa's but I cant seem to find anything online about opening the thing up and switching out the buttons. Flip it upside down and unscrew the bottom. I got an unofficial circle gate on the way. This is a very popular option, I see a lot of good remarks for this stick. The Razer Panthera EVO is built with premium Sanwa hardware components—10 buttons and an 8-way joystick. Oh I forgot to mention, before you screw everything back in, open up training mode and double check all the buttons are functioning visually, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the fightsticks community. I’ve made a couple of modifications to it including replacing the spring and adding a bat top. I know tons about these sticks and do intend to change the buttons for sanwa silents. I think pros might prefer it but I’m liking the sanwa buttons a lot. It looks nice tho. I hear mixed things and I have heard nothing about the gen 2s but they have less colors so I'm much more inclined to the silent gen 1s. I can’t put it down, I’ve been playing Stret Fighter V for hours. A discussion for anything fightstick related, and as a gallery for posting custom-made fightsticks. Also they use a proprietary button which is meant to be light and fast. I would change the art but I cannot use photoshop with any competence whatsoever so getting my art to even fill the templates is impossible for me. If you like the circle gate, try a Korean lever. I originally wanted the panthera a lot but I didn’t go with the it because it is out of production , harder to find , and more expensive. I think the obsidian gives you the best customization options. They are all great, I would just look at the features and see which fits more with what you want. The regular Panthera has the quick opening box, but that's mostly a gimmick, unless you also plan to buy a shitload of buttons and levers and test them all. Press J to jump to the feed. It’s going for $160 right now on the Qanba website and there is a coupon code for 10% off on this sub reddit.