This was GREAT! After reading some of the reviews here, I decided to give this recipe another try...with modifications. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Repeat the process including adding more nonstick cooking spray every time you add another tortilla. 1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pound), ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese. I used two cans of soup one was crm chick/crm shroom combined and one was just crm shrooms. Drop in tortilla pieces. It is a good weeknight/game day dish. I used Trader Joes lite sharp celtic cheddar, which has amazing flavor and melts well. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Thank you so much for the great recipe! 6. I found that the recipe measurements are perfect for twelve 6" sized tortillas. 6. After reading some of the reviews here, I decided to give this recipe another try...with modifications. Starting with flour tortillas, layer ingredients (tortillas, soup mixture, chicken, onions, chilies, then cheese. Divide chicken, tomato, bell pepper, and onion evenly down center of each tortilla, and roll up. THIS WAS SOOO GOOD!!!! I also used corn tortillas. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 5. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Spread one side of each tortilla with the sour cream mixture. Subtle changes - used whole wheat flour tortillas (8 inch), green onions instead of regular and added black beans because I didn't have quite enough left over chicken. This recipe was a HUGE hit. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the tortillas. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). I would definitely make again. I agree with another reviewer, a good salsa is key. Combine 1/2 cup salsa and sour cream in a small bowl, and spread evenly over each tortilla. Drizzle the remaining salsa over the top of the rolled tortillas. I get mine at Frys (Fry's/Kroger brand). These were the best enchilada s I ve ever made!!! I am now cooking for a large group of people (10...sometimes more) including my grandfather who is on a strict renal diet. Tasted just as wonderful as with original ingredients. 360,672 suggested recipes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I made this with alterations to meet a gluten free/dairy free diet, and it was excellent! I added a dollop of guac inside each tortilla in addition to the salsa/sour cream mixture. Place seam side down in the prepared … After my jazzing, it was actually pretty delicious. But, for myself and my family and friends i have made this for...they prefer the flour over the corn. My son does not like onions or peppers...so I garnished the finished dish with green onions and sauted yellow peppers.I also mixed a cup of mild green chile sauce to the salsa for the topping.The recipe is a KEEPER !!! I've made this recipe several times for weeknight meals, and each time my family loves it - even the picky eaters. Sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. The mixture of sour cream and salsa gives the tortillas a deliciously rich flavor. Yummy and so easy ! This is a wonderful dish, good enchilada alternative for those who can't or won't eat tomatoes. Next time I may use a can of chopped chiles instead of the green pepper. Yummy! 1 can of green enchilada sauce. It gives it a more authentic flavor. This was better than the restaurants!! All Rights Reserved. The recipe is simple yet versatile enough to accommodate different dietary needs and tastes. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted. Combine half of the salsa with the sour cream in a bowl and mix well. The leftover chicken came to life in this recipe. Skip. My teenagers loved this. The only change I made was to use a Cubanelle pepper instead of a green or red pepper. My husband said "this is delicious! 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (along with cream of chicken). I put the remainder of the salsa/sour cream on top of the tortillas and added some more salsa. Looking forward to making this to use up the leftover chicken from tonight's dinner. It stands on its own and is really yummy though. But, for myself and my family and friends i have made this for...they prefer the flour over the corn. That was about all of the changes I made except in addition to cheddar cheese I also added a shredded white cheese on top (Monterey-jack works well but I used an authentic Mexican variety that can be found in Texas). It turned out okay. The sauce was enough to make about 9-10 enchiladas each amply stuffed. Its a waste of readers time. To write a book about how hubby, or 2 yr. olds , teens, or whoever, likes, or dislikes, eats, or doesnt eat, is a bit sensless. 5. Very quick & very easy and everyone loved it... even the kids! Cooked chicken and a salsa-sour cream sauce are rolled up inside flour tortillas and baked in a casserole dish. I loved it. I added garlic powder, chili powder, and some cumin to the cut up chicken. I doubled the sauce and used 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of poblano chile soup. The only way I deviated from the recipe was that, instead of spreading all of the sour cream/salsa mix on the tortilla, I mixed about half in with the shredded chicken and spread the rest. 619 calories; protein 26.1g 52% DV; carbohydrates 66.8g 22% DV; fat 27.1g 42% DV; cholesterol 60.4mg 20% DV; sodium 1459mg 58% DV. Instead of green onions, which no one in my family really cares for, I used 1 large chopped onion, and also 2 fresh finely chopped jalapeno peppers (in addition to the can of chilis that the recipe calls for) that I sauteed. I'll start by saying every time I feed this to someone new they end up leaving with the recipe. Info. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Join our community of 201,250+ other members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Ah, the unassuming envelope of onion soup mix. We will definately have this again! The added spices and the jalapeno added a more adult kick to them, and they "felt" more like enchiladas to everyone. Congrats! 7. I also ADDED to the sauce: 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of chili powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin, and a can of cream of chicken soup (to help extend the sauce and add a little more chicken flavor). My kids love it and my oldest even helps prepare it. Double the Sauce (VERY IMPORTANT) This dinner was quick and easy to make....my family loved it!!! Really I follow it to a tee with the exception of cooking the chicken in chicken taco seasoning first and then making the recipe. ), 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper in place of the green chilies; 4 cups of shredded chicken rather than 3; 2 dozen 6" corn tortillas rather than a dozen 12" flour ones; and a full cup of milk rather than 1/2 cup. 1 can of Ro-Tel tomatoes partially drained