You keep the ratio the same (so 1 part wine, 1 part soda), just serve it cold, ice-free ideally, in a pitcher. As a rule, you should get cheap wine. And you can also always add more wine, if you feel that you don’t have enough. And I’m glad I could remind you of these . For me, the image of a spritzer is the image of my grandparents playing bocce behind their friends’ house, with spritzers on the table and me on the bench as I watch them play and occasionally talk to the resident parrot (they did indeed have a parrot and it sat on the balcony overlooking the “bocce area”). Home » Recipes » Red Wine Spritzer. I’ve been using my SodaStream Power for some time now and literally make 3-4 bottles of sparkling water everyday…. If you don’t want to deviate too far from the old-school spritzer, then this is the best choice. Actually, I think a white spritzer might’ve been the original, but from my observations red wine spritzers are just as popular. I remember waitressing during my Uni days and spritzers were always highly requested. amzn_assoc_search_bar="false"; Another funny thing. And it’s a combination that makes by far the prettiest spritzer. It is diluted a little by the sprite but you will definitely taste it. With its deep red, almost black color, this one looks the most serious of them all but it is a very popular choice taste-wise. JulieBlanner.com receives a small commission when certain items are purchased, but the price is the same for you. One of our favorite ways to start the summer is by deciding what the drink of the season will be (and sharing that recipe with you). It’s light, frivolous, and delicious, and it’s mild enough that you won’t have to worry about getting drunk even after two or three. Hi, I'm Julie, the voice behind the lifestyle blog filled with inspiration for effortless entertaining, home design and thoughtful gift-giving that celebrates everyday life. To keep the red, white (wine) and blue theme, use raspberries, and blueberries. Not used to this spell of hot weather in the UK, need holiday drinks! Editor at large Shira Bocar and associate editor Riley Wofford are also fans of the cocktail, and the three have been comparing ingredients and proportions to come up with this stellar recipe. Check your email for details. It was discovered back in 1833 and you can read a short history of that here. As an unwritten rule, we make spritzers with mineral water in Slovenia. Best wine for a red wine spritzer . And you have to serve it ice-free. See our terms and privacy here. What a great summer cocktail! That’s why I’m sharing these today with you. Our food editors are here to help. amzn_assoc_region="US"; blogging A wine spritzer is the perfect refreshing drink to enjoy on a hot summer day, over a brunch with friends, or to chill in the evening. So I have begun buying sparkling waters as a replacement. Spritzer served in pitchers is still a popular family-gathering-party thing in Slovenia. All the essential dishes are here, just on a smaller scale. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Well, soda is sweeter and denser than wine, so the alcohol will float to the top. Although every Slovene just might argue with me on this one as there is no spritzer season here. This Fanta red wine spritzer is actually called a Mishmash in Slovenia. In Slovenia, people will often use the term bambus (bamboo) for this same drink. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. Last summer, she introduced me to her homemade version of a 'wine cooler,' aka wine spritzer, which is just a fancy name for wine mixed with a carbonated drink. This simple red wine cocktail is made with 2 ingredients; red wine and sprite, and takes no time at all to make. Get tips, tricks and recipes to host a memorable Thanksgiving! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. And if you ever find yourself in this little corner of the world, know that you can actually visit the spring where Radenska was first discovered. Red Wine Spritzer Ingredients. Then try our go-to menu. Much as we love a glass of salmon pink wine, we also like a cocktail every now and then. Each week, we shine a spotlight on the exciting things happening in the Martha Stewart test kitchen. Credit: Well, wine in a spritzer can be either white or red. Red, White, & Blueberry Wine Spritzer. From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. amzn_assoc_placement="adunit0"; If you make this recipe, don’t forget to leave a 5 star review in the comments below! My first thought when I think of Summer is that of scorching heat, the smell of hot asphalt and freshly cut grass, views of empty streets and overpacked café patios. As mentioned before, the only acceptable mineral water over here is Radenska. With no garnishes either! The type of wine, beyond the basic distinction of white vs. red, isn’t really important. Fresh lime, simple syrup, and Fee Brothers Bitters make for a balanced, not-too-sweet beverage. Once you thoroughly stir it though, the spritzer will turn deep red, but it looks fun in the beginning. Bonus that it matches all my other appliances, with it’s black and silver sleek design (it comes in white, too). You’ve successfully signed up! But how do you decide on the drink of summer when, unlike years gone by, we are all working from home and aren't in the same test kitchen, mixing up samples of possible drinks for everyone to sample? After a long, cold winter, I’m ready to celebrate Spring! All opinions are mine alone. Sizes of soda cans vary from country to country, so you can easily just buy regular cans or bottles of soda and use whatever amount of soda you need. Sprite or 7up – The addition of a little sprite or 7up makes this red wine cocktail an easy drinking. this website. And with a few garnishes involved, so that they are more presentable. Other popular choices for mineral water would be S.Pellegrino and Topo Chico. To this day I still crave soda every once in awhile, and I do have the occasional (few and far between) glass but I have come to a realization that it’s not so much the flavor of the soda I miss so much… but the carbonation that it has instead. For this beautiful red wine spritzer, I wanted to try something a little different than a traditional sangria or holiday cocktail. Pour wine over ice until glass is 1/2 full. Usually loved by everyone and goes with everything, this is the top summer drink. It adds color and the herby aroma works really well with the wine. You don’t have to spend a lot of money, something mid range will work perfectly well. If you look in the dictionary, the word mishmash is defined as a confused mixture which totally applies to this drink. Please try again. amzn_assoc_tracking_id="miatho0f-20"; It has to be Radenska, which is sourced in Slovenia. Really, when in doubt, just go with red wine spritzers. All Rights Reserved. Personally I prefer to drink white wine but the look of a red wine spritzer is one I’ve always adored. It is also super simple to use with just the touch of a button after snapping the included bottle into place. amzn_assoc_ad_mode="manual"; And I hope the heatwave is over soon for you! Size-wise spritzers aren’t big. They’re perfect for grill-season and so easy to make. Receive the best ideas directly to your inbox and connect on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Which makes it much easier to help you break the habit of drinking soda and switching to more water instead. Spritzer-ing is a way of life for us. amzn_assoc_title="Recipe-related picks"; And not just any mineral water. As it turns out, it's not that hard when several food editors have each been quaffing the same summery drink at home. This sweet bubbly mix of orange soda and red wine almost tastes like sangria. diy & crafts Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on The type of red wine you use makes a difference, which is why we suggest a lighter red such a pinot noir or grenache rather than a cabernet sauvignon. This red wine spritzer is a light, refreshing signature drink perfect for Spring & Summer entertaining. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. You are here: 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. So, let's say it here: Summer isn't all about rosé. I am loving your photography – it makes me want to mix one up right now! I detail my favorite picks further down in this post.