=(. The everything dropping.. normally shouldn't happen that often.Since I got ignite, I have had to reboot it maybe 2-3 times.. and only maybe 1-2 drops. Start by unplugging the power cable, either from the power outlet in the wall or from the back of the digital box. I’ve heard no complaints so far. The TV,  iphones, and galaxy phones lose connection but you barely notice  it and not near as often, the tablets looses connection a few times a day, but it too is barely noticeable., but the laptop, wow, unbelievable. I typically had to wait a couple of days for a tech to come to my house and plug a power cord and hdmi cord into a new box. If they don’t work, try rebooting the box (see above). Not saying to make an excuse but it is what it is. I spoke with him and he told me the 2 Rogers boxes up the street from me had some faulty components that he replaced which was causing the box in front of my house to fail. I’m in Ottawa, I called Rogers last night hoping to sign up for the new Ignite tv. Sometimes the communications between your digital cable box and the broadcaster can be affected by factors such as a weak signal or outdated wiring in your house. Its free and HD. I have been losing connection with ignite on my laptop since the day it was installed. Not Working For Me! You’ll see the word “boot” appear, and the box will take about five minutes to reset. ‎04-19-2019 As long as it's installed properly vis a vis wifi signal strength through the house and you've got good cable coming to the house and in to the modem it's great. Maybe you could post about it on the Rogers Commumity Forums? If you are subscribed, follow the steps below; if not, you’ll need to order the channel before you can watch it. Ignite tv app on devices are fine. The website is horrendous. I typically had to wait a couple of days for a tech to come to my house and plug a power cord and hdmi cord into a new box. 02:55 PM Shutting it down or unplugging hdmi cable does not help it. r/Rogers: The unofficial subreddit of Rogers, one of the largest telecommunication providers in Canada. What isn't working? by I have the same issue. @RogersTony   In the few short months I have had Ignite TV I have had to have my STB replaced three times - as they were all deemed defective. To access it, press the, A confirmation screen will appear. ‎05-08-2019 Unfortunately, network issues do happen from time to time and your cell phone service may be affected. In the Cable Television section, you’ll see an option to. Just ask! Our Modem light is steady on but TV signal shuts down for a minute or two every once in a while, even while watching recorded shows. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Try power-cycling your XB6 modem. Sorry for your bad experience. Would be nice to know the issues. Also don't post any of your personal information. Sorry yours has been less than satisfactory. Cable TV Rogers Communications Inc. is a Canadian communications and media company. Enjoy, I’m super excited about the 4K sports, especially with everything coming up this month. Agreed. The speed of Ignite is amazing, but this loosing connection is a daily headache. RogersMoin. I had a technician out and everything is hooked up fine, he explained well it is new and will have growing pains in the beginning. Channel shows on tv but no picture or sound. This will take around 2 to 5 minutes. ... Easy Fixes to 5 of the Most Common TV Issues Often times, many of life’s most common annoyances end up having the simplest of solutions, and all you needed was a simple push in the right direction.