“I ended up going out with a box of tissues to see what I could do for him. Witnesses have described the terrifying scenes that unfolded outside Rosebud Plaza after the alleged attacker smashed car windows before turning on shoppers about 10.15am on Saturday. Carol Greenhorn said she heard screaming and yelling before someone said they’d been shot in the stomach and needed to get to a hospital. "It is believed two people have sustained serious injuries," a spokesperson said. Home » World News » Two men seriously injured after attack at Rosebud Plaza. August 29, 2020 Cameron McCullough News. Credit: Nine News. Police said there was no ongoing threat to public safety. Shots were also fired @9NewsMelb pic.twitter.com/VixqgWg6oJ, Residents in Rosebud say they heard a gunshot before seeing a man with missing fingers and his knee hacked off crawling up the street. here. “The one car that stood out was a black commodore, there was a ute too.”. A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man were arrested nearby and charged with several offences, including intentionally cause serious injury, affray and commit indictable offence while on bail. Ambulance Victoria said a man in his 20s was flown to the Royal Melbourne hospital in a critical condition with serious injuries to his upper and lower body, including lacerations. 3.2k . “I overheard him say he thought he was dying,” Ms Waters said. “I opened up the glass door and I picked up the glow of blood and red and thought this is serious. A third man, aged 19, was arrested on August 23 and has been charged with violent disorder, affray and commit indictable offence whilst on bail. “It is … Ms Waters’ daughter Beck arrived home a short time after her mum dialled triple-0 and said she saw the man dragging himself on his side through her yard. Mr Taylor said there were about ten people involved. The scene at Rosebud Plaza after an attack on Saturday morning. Police want to speak to the driver of a dark coloured Commodore seen at the incident to assist with their inquiries. We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. The scene at Rosebud Plaza after an attack on Saturday morning.Credit:Nine News. In a separate incident, a teenager has died in hospital after he was stabbed in Corio last Sunday night. The charges will be reviewed following the teenager's death. “No arrests have been made at this stage and the investigation is ongoing.”. Details of a victim suffering gun shot wounds have emerged after the man attended a Rosebud medical clinic with a wounded leg. "It is believed two people have sustained serious injuries," a spokesperson said. Witness Jason Taylor said he saw a distinctive black Commodore in the area during the fight and then again later in the evening. “I was told to stay where I was, which was behind the fence and keep that closed and just stay there and not say anything.”. The man refused an ambulance and left the clinic when doctors advised him he would need to go to hospital. It is believed the group of men involved arrived in a dark Commodore and left the scene in that vehicle a short time later. Police were called to the Rosebud Plaza shopping centre on McCombe Street about 10:15am after reports of a man armed with a weapon. A man has been … August 29, 2020. Police said there was no ongoing threat to public safety. "The exact circumstances are unknown and the investigation is ongoing.". 3.2k . “I wouldn’t be able to tell you the exact number (of men), but there were a fair few. August 29, 2020. Armed Crime Squad detectives have taken over the case and are expected to interview to the machete victim once he is well enough to speak. “He didn’t have a knee, his knee cap was gone, it was ghastly. A NOTE ABOUT RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. “It’s definitely not something I anticipated on my first night in this house.”. “It is believed at this stage all parties are known to each other,” Victoria Police spokeswoman Belinda Batty said. August 29, 2020. Ambulance Victoria said a man believed to be in his 40s was taken to The Alfred hospital in a serious condition after suffering upper body injuries. A man has been taken into custody. Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. The most important news, analysis and insights delivered to your inbox at the start and end of each day. Invalid postcode. In a statement on Facebook, Rosebud Plaza said the centre was closed for trade while police investigated the incident. Die polizei wurde auf die rosebud plaza einkaufszentrum auf mccombe straße etwa 10.15 nach berichten von einem mann mit einer waffe bewaffnet genannt. “On his right hand his little finger was cut off and another one was bent down and severely cut. Another neighbour reported hearing a gunshot. Police at the scene of the violent attack at Rosebud Plaza. DIY Recipes: Make Delicious Catnip Cookies. Is Boris heading for a Brexit collision course with Joe Biden. The investigation is ongoing. “The left knee was cut right open and all you could see was white bone. Emergency services are at the scene of what is described as a “serious assault” at Rosebud Plaza. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. A man has been taken into custody. “He said about 20 guys had set upon him.”. Another man, believed to be in his 60s, was flown to The Alfred in a stable condition, also with an upper body injury. The girlfriend of a man involved in the fight, who asked not to be named, said a number of men were calling her partner a “dog” before things got heated. “I think that’s when we all got a little bit scared and we knew something was going to go down very soon, which it did.