Your email address will not be published. I also added peas to the dish and some shredded sharp cheddar cheese before the stuffing! Layer onion mixture over chicken and season with salt and pepper; top with soup mixture. I made this using turkey breasts and served with cranberry sauce on the side. Hubby really liked it and it was so easy... thanks! Mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup together in a bowl. Add and mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup in a bowl. window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Thanks so much!! If the stuffing just below the top seems too dry or to crunchy, then it probably cooked too long. I know this recipe has been up awhile, but I just found it, and I'm confused about steps two and three. . . Sprinkle over chicken mixture. I made this for an afternoon luncheon for a group of friends and was a great success. Enjoy. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. It’s yummy leftover too! You can also subscribe without commenting. Something about the sour cream and broth mixed together! You can do it just about any way that's easiest. I decided that it was easier to stir it all together first. You can use the meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken for a shortcut. Wonderful! Will that be a problem . . Top your casserole filling with your stuffing from earlier. It’s easy to prepare, it can be made ahead (and frozen), and it appeals to even the pickiest palates. Voila! hi do I make the stuffing per box directions and then mix with butter? This is amazing with Turkey. I have also used peas and a garden salad so it just depends on what you like best. So glad that you enjoyed it! I added shredded cheese to the milk, soup and chicken mixture. Thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful recipe. Enjoy! The preparation is easy. Hi, Danielle! Only thing I did different was to add some garlic. Thanks for letting me know. I made a revision slightly to the receipe. Copyright ©2020, CincyShopper. That's great, Linda! Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and the bubbling, about 1 hour. I'm making it again tomorrow. . It's yummy left over too!" Hope this helps. YUM! Hi, Shannon! The next thing on the agenda is our stuffing. Sounds wonderful, Fran! Sign up for my exclusive emails and get this free guide! 20-30 minutes is a huge range! 1 Rotisserie chicken, whole cooked. I made it per the recipe except I used one of the reviewers tips and added worschershire to the soup mix and I added grated cheddar cheese on the top before baking. Everything is already cooked, so you just want it warmed through by the time you remove the cover and let the top brown. Add chicken, vegetables, salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine stuffing mix and hot water. Home » What We're Eating » Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, Lasted edited October 14, 2020. Thank you! I love how simple and easy it is and so yummy. . This is a tough one to make vegan, since it uses milk, butter and the cream soups. Nikki - Do you remember what cookbook it was? You don't need to bake it when you prep ahead. Thanks for letting us know. Hi, Nikki! Start by getting your frozen veggies thawed- a quick rinse of hot water will. Another easy dinner recipe using rotisserie chicken. Thx! It should still be pretty moist below that first layer. Pour over cubes. Winter is finally here~. Sorry that wasn't more clear. Hope you and your fam have a great weekend! The note that she wrote on the bottom of the recipe card says, “I have been making this for 35 years!”. Yes, you probably could add it to the dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbling and topping is browned. That's just being efficient. Chicken Casserole with Stuffing is an easy chicken dinner recipe perfect for weeknights. Most had seconds. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Thanks again Thank you for posting!! Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Bring water and 1/4 cup butter to a boil in a saucepan; stir in stuffing mix. Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Another delicious chicken casserole recipe. Added about 1 Tbsp of worcestershire sauce to the soup mix because it tased bland and what a difference. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Stir well again. That's great -- so glad that you liked it, Anabelle!! I made this first for Thanksgiving last year for a casual dinner that was easy and less exhausting as full turkey meal. I hope not, thank you again This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. All of these convenient ingredients came together to make a delicious chicken stuffing casserole. Top chicken and bake per recipe’s instructions. I mixed one-half of the stuffing into the chicken/soup mixture along with a bit of the broth to moisten well, then I topped with the remaining stuffing/butter mixture per your recipe.