Where you go I will go,(AI) and where you stay I will stay. (B) So a man from Bethlehem in Judah,(C) together with his wife and two sons, went to live for a while(D) in the country of Moab. Naomi Loses Her Husband and Sons. (AE), 15 “Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law(AF) is going back to her people and her gods. (DV) 4 I thought I should bring the matter to your attention and suggest that you buy it in the presence of these seated here and in the presence of the elders of my people. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. 4 They married Moabite women,(J) one named Orpah and the other Ruth. (BS) 12 May the Lord repay you for what you have done. (AX), 2 Now Naomi had a relative(AY) on her husband’s side, a man of standing(AZ) from the clan of Elimelek,(BA) whose name was Boaz. 6 When Naomi heard in Moab(N) that the Lord had come to the aid of his people(O) by providing food(P) for them, she and her daughters-in-law(Q) prepared to return home from there. I will do for you all you ask. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law(AC) goodbye,(AD) but Ruth clung to her. Where you go I will go,(AI) and where you stay I will stay. 2:11); most Hebrew manuscripts. May the Lord show you kindness, as you have shown kindness to your dead husbands and to me. Tu pueblo será mi pueblo, y tu Dios mi Dios. (R) May the Lord show you kindness,(S) as you have shown kindness to your dead husbands(T) and to me. 1 In the days when the judges ruled, [] there was a famine in the land. Blessed be the man who took notice of you!(CH)”. Stay here with the women who work for me. Would you remain unmarried for them? 2 Boaz took ten of the elders(DT) of the town and said, “Sit here,” and they did so. (translation: Reina Valera (1909)) Then she threshed(CE) the barley she had gathered, and it amounted to about an ephah. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. 9 Watch the field where the men are harvesting, and follow along after the women. (EK)”, 11 Then the elders and all the people at the gate(EL) said, “We are witnesses. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. Ruth 1:20 Hebrew Shaddai; also in verse 21; Ruth 1:21 Or has testified against; Ruth 2:17 That is, probably about 30 pounds or about 13 kilograms; Ruth 2:20 The Hebrew word for guardian-redeemer is a legal term for one who has the obligation to redeem a relative in serious difficulty (see Lev. You redeem it yourself. (AK) 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. (X) 12 Return home, my daughters; I am too old to have another husband. 1 In the days when the judges ruled,[a] there was a famine in the land. (BM) She asked him, “Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me(BN)—a foreigner? All the people of my town know that you are a woman of noble character. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away! And they went to Moab and lived there. Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law goodbye, but Ruth clung to her. I have told the men not to lay a hand on you. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. 4 Meanwhile Boaz went up to the town gate(DQ) and sat down there just as the guardian-redeemer[k](DR) he had mentioned(DS) came along. Even if I thought there was still hope for me—even if I had a husband tonight and then gave birth to sons— 13 would you wait until they grew up?