The knives were engraved quickly, but even more gratifying was to see their showroom and Jikko Cutlery Sakai, Sakai: See 41 reviews, articles, and 52 photos of Jikko Cutlery Sakai, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 35 attractions in Sakai. They were established in 1901, and now is in the hands of the 4 th generation owner Toshiyuki Jikko. Really appreciate the time he puts into every email as well as the free forum he hosts. Menu. Staff members that speak English and Chinese are available for consultations regarding which kitchen knife is best for you.You can also have your name engraved on a kitchen knife purchased here. The main showroom at Sakai is wonderful. Are you interested in the largest tomb in the world? To find out more information on job listings, please send the poster a private message. Jikko is a kitchen … Strongly recommend if you are looking for good quality knives. Since my girl gave me this “Jikko’s knife”, I’ve been big fan of them!! Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. In the past years, they were so focused on the domestic market and a lot of OEM work so many of us has barely heard of them. To date, Jikko has made hundreds of thousands of knives and is widely trusted brand in Japan. Threads 90 Messages 2K. It is so huge that it looks like a mountain and you can’t quite get the overall picture. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Purchased knives in SkyO but wanted them engraved the same day so I took the time to go to the Sakai store. Jikko also has a long history of partnering with some of the top Sakai makers. Not hard to find on a Main Street. A hangout for the professional chef/cook to share their views on cooking for a living. Jikko San is a master sharpener and does unique finishes and fantastic blades for his clients. Check out our. Many of you may not be aware of the brand “Sakai Jikko”, yet is a very well-known brand in the Japan domestic market with a long history of making premium professional kitchen knives. You must visit! Sakai Jikko is one of the excellent kitchen knife manufacturers in Sakai, Japan with more than 100 year history since 1901. The Daisen tomb is 496 meters in length which is more than twice as long as the famous pyramid in Egypt.

Let’s figure out what kind of life the ancient people had and what they thought when building such a huge tomb.

You will rent a bike and cycle around the huge tomb which is located in a residential area on this tour. !They have sooo sophisticated show room for traditional types of Japanese knives, all-purpose kitchen knifes and, of course, ones for professional!! Best selection of Japanese knives around. My Jikko Damascus 210mm definitely lived up to that expectation. Kohetsu Shinano Blue #2 Gyuto 210mm Custom. What a great experience. Your successes - your failures, tips 'n tricks, and kitchen gear too. Good service , good selection, good value, high quality knives. Handcrafted Knives of Sakai Old industrial town on the outskirts of Osaka, from where famous chefs of the world source their knives. It's quite authentic when you can hear them hammering the steel downstairs while they are talking about the knives upstairs. Please choose a different date. When in Osaka Sakai don't miss your chance to see our knife. Sakai is the city known best as a home of cutlery for the professionals in Japan and the Jikko is considered as one of the top knife manufactures within the Sakai region. You MUST make first post here for access to rest of the forums. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com.au. They were established in 1901, and now is in the hands of the 4 th generation owner Toshiyuki Jikko. It's quite authentic when you can hear them hammering the... A place for Recipes, not general discussion. Jikko VG1 Santoku 170mm Maker: Jikko Location: Sakai, Japan Construction: San Mai Cladding: VG1 Edge Length: 170mm Weight: 5.6oz Height: 44.5mm Spine A place for hobbyists to sell their creations, up to two per month. What hotels are near Jikko Cutlery Sakai? (I bought one for fish cooking)They explained very nicely against my questions, not just one, I questioned them many but they explained very gently! That’s why they have prepared a VR device so that you can take a look at the tomb from 300 meters above the sea level.

Don’t forget to book your cycling tour to visit the famous tomb, with your otomo guide! read more. Sakai has long been known as a production area for knives, and it is said that 90% of Japanese chefs use knives from Sakai. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I just feel compelled to tell you that yours is the most ridiculously informative site of this nature I have ever come across. I'm actually waiting on my second knife from them. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Sakai has long been known as a production area for knives, and it is said that 90% of Japanese chefs use knives from Sakai. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I always come here to order anything I might need for the kitchen and I am never disappointed. They make high quality knives. Hotels near Sakai Traditional Industrial Hall, Hotels near The remains of Sennorikyu House, Former Site of the Enamiya and the Shibatsuji Residences, Sakai City Hall Observatory Flour: Tickets & Tours‎, Sakai Plaza of Rikyu and Akiko: Tickets & Tours‎, Children's House Big Bang: Tickets & Tours‎, Daisen Park Japanese Garden: Tickets & Tours‎, Sakai Traditional Industrial Hall: Tickets & Tours‎. more. It was a great experience for... Facebook is showing information to help you better understand Hide Out of Stock Items Jikko VG1 Santoku 170mm If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The knives were engraved quickly, but even more gratifying was to see their showroom and see the foundry in action. A venue for the hobbyist craftsman to market their wares/services, Maintenance Tutorials & Related Useful Information, Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc, So boring... another first wa handle thread, Passaround: Kippington Chevron Hook Grind, JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives, Rowland Cutlery Finished Projects and WIP. Fuji Hamon Honyaki Kirituske Yanagiba 300mm by Sakai Jikko, Honyaki Gyuto 255mm by Kenichi Shiraki with Honu Mana handle SP3, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device.