I resorted to blackmail, conspiracy, and anonymous threats within the company but alas, pipes managed to claw its way into an otherwise perfect video game. There was a problem. You will receive a verification email shortly. I resorted to blackmail, conspiracy, and anonymous threats within the company but alas, pipes managed to claw its way into an otherwise perfect video game. Please refresh the page and try again. It’ll be handy being able to crouch and slide in the new update, what with all the bouncing fauna arcing into your base…. Not that kind of pipes, the other kind of pipes. From what we have seen, Epic exclusivity for most games is a timed thing and similarly, the developers of Satisfactory announced that the game is "coming soon" to Steam Early Access. So, I predict Steam launch at 5pm GMT on Tuesday, 2020. Along with the usual fixes, adjustments, and performance improvements, the new update also makes "a total rebalance of the game," which Coffee Stain said was an unavoidable byproduct of pipes and the passage of time. That’s right, hot on the heels of Metro Exodus, Satisfactory is coming to Steam Early Access, and just as with Metro you could probably put a safe … It will hit the Valve platform on June 8 after a year of exclusivity. Community 1, Jace 0.”. Meanwhile, you’ll be able to Futurama it up with new Hypertubes as a way of piping yourself around the factory. I'm probably wearing toe shoes, and there's nothing you can do to stop me! The Steam release of Early Access game Satisfactory would have been a good opportunity to launch Update 4 to an audience completely unaware of any bugs introduced. Community 1 – Jace 0.”, Other improvements include plenty new models in the game, the earliest implementation of a dynamic wind system, and a tweak to Jump Pads so they now affect creatures and physical objects as well as players. Having long resisted the introduction of pipes, Community Manager Jace Varlet admitted defeat, saying, “Pipes are, unfortunately, the star of this show. Satisfactory is finally coming to Steam. 2020-02-11 News Comments Off on Satisfactory gets Update 3 and is coming to Steam The 2019 game that I most regret not spending more time with is Satisfactory. Coffee Stain Studios announced the release is imminent alongside the launch trailer for the game's Update 3 patch. May 30, 2020 . All I wanted was to be happy. All content should be considered opinion. PC Gamer is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Update 3 introduces items like the Resource Sink and Hypertubes. Alas, we have to wait a little while longer although the date seems to be fast approaching, with placeholder art appearing in the update feed. May 30, 2020 By Chris Watson. This ensures that the wheels of space capitalism can keep on turning. "So, with the decision to add pipes, we also decided that we might as well go all-in and fix some of the balancing issues that had been lurking behind various corners for a while.". Satisfactory, Coffee Stain Studios' open-world factory builder, is set to be arriving on Steam Early Access in the near future.This announcement comes along with a raft of new additions as part of its third update for the game, presently available on the Epic Games Store. All I wanted was to be happy. Satisfactory will debut on Steam on June 8. Bugsnax is out and free to download if you have PlayStation Plus, link here! In his off hours, he wishes he had time to play the 80-hour RPGs and immersive sims he used to love so much. Best practices for designing and managing your subscription strategy. Receive news and offers from our other brands? We are not affiliated with any third party. The Steam announcement comes alongside the release of Satisfactory Update 3, the "most significant" update to the game so far, which among other things adds pipes and fluids to the game. Of course, the twist here is that the game is still in Early Access with Coffee Stain adding more and more features as they go. Satisfactory Update 3 is available in the Experimental build of the game, which is listed and installed separate from the Early Access build on the Epic Games Store: If you own it, you'll see both in your EGS library. If you want a taste of the hot pipe action before you get a chance to load into the Experimental build, you can check out Coffee Stain’s trailer for Update 3 above. Destiny 2: Beyond Light Update 3.0.0 patch notes have dropped, check them out here. Oh, and there’s now pipes in the game. Visit our corporate site. Satisfactory to arrive on Steam soon, with a mountain of pipes. Hypertubes, meanwhile, are transportation pipes. Andy covers the day-to-day happenings in the big, wide world of PC gaming—the stuff we call "news." The next big step for the game is Update 3, which introduces a new starting area in the remade Dune Desert, and rebalances the game in general. A new, more challenging starting area has been added, new Hypertubes will help you get around, there are new structures and wall attachments to play with, statues—"incredibly expensive and highly fashionable"—to decorate you factory with, new crouching and sliding movement options, and quite a bit more. Sink, is also now available in the experimental branch. The co-op factory building game Satisfactory debuted on the Epic Games Store last year and did quite well for itself, despite being a relatively niche game about industrial-scale manufacturing on an alien world. “Pipes are, unfortunately, the star of this show,” said defeated Coffee Stain community manager Jace Varlet. The Resource Sink munches up any excess resources that are gumming up your works. But wait! There was a bit of grumbling about Epic exclusivity, but the developers dismissed it as coming from "a loud minority," and praised Epic for "trying to do something for game developers to make it better for them, so we can deliver better quality of products.". Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New York, Coffee Stain’s first person factory-building sim Satisfactory is receiving a major new Update 3 for the game today, as it continues on its production line through Early Access on the Epic Games Store.