Enjoyed my time studying with the Oxford College. Self-awareness short course (Day intake) January 2021: 25th ,26th ,27th, 28th and on 29th, 9:00am to 1:00 pm @Kshs. CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING SKILLS [ First in the Ladder based programme Read More]. A list of some possible courses is provided below: Certificate in Counselling; Certificate in Abnormal Psychology; Introduction to Psychology; Certificate in Mental Health; Certificate in Child Psychology; Diploma of Counselling and Psychology; Formal Accreditation: Most longer-term counselling courses … You will also have the option to claim a Continuing Professional Development e-certificate to confirm your 200 hours of CPD study. Become a qualified counselor. The Level 3 Diploma's I studied in Biology and Anatomy and Physiology are the main reason I was accepted onto the course. If you tell us your nationality, we can show you the visa and tuition information that is most relevant to you. With the increase of online courses, even if you live in a rural area, you can learn to be a counsellor via distance learning. Some forms of counselling may also help clients cope with serious mental health issues like chronic anxiety and depression, physical illness and trauma. “The level 3 diploma course in Marine Biology is excellent. I am confident that the skills and knowledge I have gained will inform my practice working in the field of health and social care. Counselling deals with helping people overcome emotional and professional challenges in their lives, from career planning, relationship problems, stress, and health issues. View all Short Courses in Counselling ”, “I am a mature student with family commitments and a full time job. It also allows you to enter one of the fastest growing professions. Counselling graduates can find work in a variety of settings, including education, human resources, community mental health, private practice, social care services, substance abuse treatment, sexual assault, and corrections. Also, tell us which currency you'd like to have the fees displayed in. They are both excellent courses. Once you have passed the course, you will be sent your course certificate for your records. The Counselling and Psychology is directed at serving the needs of individual in one’s community. Find out which ShortCourses programmes match your personality! “I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Botany and Environmental Science with Oxford Learning. The Counselling and Psychology is directed at serving the needs of individual in one’s community. Counselling is a broad field including various forms of emotional as well as professional support including: academic advising, art therapy, coaching, psychotherapy, career counselling, psychiatry, school counselling, social work, and others. 1,500 Self-awareness short course (Evening intake) February 2021: 5th, 12th, 16th & 19th and 26th: 5:30pm to 8:30pm @Kshs. The courses are all coursework based and split into 10 easy to study and follow units of work. Counsellors facilitate the optimal development of individuals, groups, and organizations, taking into account cultural diversity, personal history, age, educational background and other factors. Short courses Mon 11 Jan 2021 – 26 Mar 2021 This course introduces the science of psychology, exploring the richness of human functions, uncovering the brain's secrets and revealing its complexities. I have also looked at other providers and yours is the most affordable and the instalment plan is very helpful.”, “I chose this subject because this is the job area I want to go into. Become a qualified counselor. Counselling Degrees & Certificates (Capella University) In these programs, you will learn to turn your … Counselling graduates can find work in a variety of settings, including education, human resources, community mental health, private practice, social care services, substance abuse treatment, sexual assault, and corrections. Thankyou also to my tutor, Lucy, who was very positive and encouraging.”. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, This website uses cookies. The relationship between counsellor and client is built on trust and understanding. I have learned a lot!”, “I found the course to be very interesting and informative. I feel it has been very good value for money and appreciate the support I have received. As someone with no previous knowledge of the subject I was surprised and impressed by the wide range of topics within the marine programme, giving me a comprehensive understanding of the subject. Unlike Accredited Level 3 Diplomas, these Counselling and Coaching Short Courses are fast to achieve and are perfect for people looking to add to their CV or … Distance Education: Students study from the comfort and convenience of home; texts and study materials are delivered right to your door. The Diploma in Applied Psychology and Counselling includes 16 core courses (980 hours of study) that can be completed in one year. ”, “Hello! International Career Institute (ICI) - UK, International Career Institute (ICI) - USA. “As an African student from South Africa we recommend to have a hard copy or printable study material as it is the best college in the world. I have been very happy to purchasing a Level 3 course as personal trainer and sport coach.”, “It was a lovely experience and would like to do more courses with Oxford College.”, “I personally liked the course, the content of the reading materials and the language used.”, “I am really delighted with gaining the certificate. The Counselling and Psychology - UK course at International Career Institute (ICI) - UK provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. I recommend this course most highly. I would definitely recommend Oxford College and the courses they provide are very well structured and easy to follow. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our, Accredited Level 6 & 7 Diploma Courses – ATHE, Bundles – A Level and Diploma Combinations, Accredited Level 3 Diploma in Herbal Medicine, Accredited Level 5 Diploma in Health, Diet and Nutritional Studies, Diploma in Personal Training and Sports Coaching, Diploma in Personal Assistant (P.A) Skills, Accredited Level 3 in Environmental Science. Copyright © 2020 Oxford Learning College | Leaders in Distance Learning All Rights Reserved. Choose your preference below. 1,500 Unlike Accredited Level 3 Diplomas, these Counselling and Coaching Short Courses are fast to achieve and are perfect for people looking to add to their CV or gain a promotion at work quickly. Pre- Diploma in Counselling Psychology Courses: Communication and Basic Counselling short course intake is ongoing. I have learnt so much! This course has been extremely interesting and has covered a wide variety of elements that health coaches will encounter. “Thank you so much for your insights and your encouragement throughout the course. As such, the Counselling and Psychology - USA course at the International Career Institute (ICI) - USA requires a minimal amount of social engagement (surveys, questionnaires, role play, etc) in … ”, “Maintain the quality services provided.”, “The course is very interesting; the content is varied and challenging and promotes independent research. To gain your Short Course qualification, you will need to submit and pass all 10 assessments found at the end of each unit of study. As such, the... Would you like to know how to become a nanny? Our Counselling and Coaching Short Courses are intensive programmes where you have the option to complete a Level 3 Diploma course in 10 weeks or less. I found the external programme the easiest way of studying, I could study more when I had time and leave it for a day or so when other commitments came up. Counsellors help people to evaluate themselves, accept responsibility for their actions, and make good choices for their future. The courses are all coursework based and split into 10 easy to study and follow units of work. Our Counselling and Coaching Short Courses are intensive programmes where you have the option to complete a Level 3 Diploma course in 10 weeks or less. All course fees will be charged in GBP and will vary according to the exchange rate at the point of billing. I enjoyed the course immensely and completely broadened my knowledge in botany. Counsellors need a high understanding of themselves, strong empathy, a desire to help people, and ability to contain relationship-based processes taking place between themselves and their clients or patients. “Great course, very interesting and well worth the investment.”. Rationale: This certificate in Counselling Skills Programme is designed to give learners the underpinning knowledge, skills, and competencies to use counselling skills ethically and safely in a variety of contexts and roles. With gratitude and very warmest regards, Flynn”, “I have been given an unconditional offer to study Podiatry at the University of Salford which i start in September. Read more. Studies from biological, psychodynamic, cognitive, behavioural and social approaches are presented. Upon enrolment, you will be provided with all the course materials you need to study and a Personal Tutor to help and guide you through your studies when you need. I really enjoyed this course...”, “It was an exciting journey for me as I completed my course. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy and Cookie Policy. Counselling students acquire knowledge about human behaviour, advanced interpersonal skills, learn ethical and professional boundaries and, depending on the career path chosen, may gain therapeutic capacities. They will also mark your coursework submissions and provide you with full and thorough feedback on where you can improve. The tutors are very helpful and so are the student services.