The only change I made was using my homemade Marinara (without meat) and serving with extra Marinara and my Meatballs, which I had on hand in the freezer. Place half of noodles in a lightly greased 12 x 8x 2-inch baking dish, slightly overlapping lengthwise edges. My changes were using 15-oz. This dish is foolproof and delicious! Spread 1/3 cup sauce in an 8x4-in. meat-flavored pasta sauce. Step 3. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Spread 1/3 cup sauce in an 8x4-in. You can’t even form full sentences, but a few ideas emerge: “simple lasagna recipe easy” and “dinner now.” That’s when you reach for this recipe. It was fantastic! Simple Lasagna Recipe photo by Taste of Home. So add this lasagna recipe to your dinner rotation, and your family’s rumbling tummies will be satisfied in no time. and egg; set aside. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. This sounds really good. To assemble, in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish evenly spread 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. ‘Tis the season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and brighter. Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings into meat. Plus, there’s one more important thing to remember about this recipe: freezable leftovers. I really enjoyed this lasagna! Great recipe for a quick lasagna for 2! The lasagna was easy to make and I know I'll be making this recipe often! to taste salt and ground black pepper to taste 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese 2 large eggs eggs ½ cup shredded Parmesan Our Test Kitchen created tasty, cheesy homemade lasagna that couldn't be easier. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. A perfect, easy to fix dish. It’ll save the day. I liked this meatless version for a lighter meal. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside. Top with remaining noodle and sauce. Spoon one-third of meat mixture over noodles; add half of shredded mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice. It's that simple! Easy Lasagna Ingredients. I use a sweet basil and marinara sauce and layer some cooked Italian sausage with the other ingredients. This lasagna was perfect for the two of us! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Mushrooms, onions and ground beef in a ready-made pasta sauce are layered with cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and Parmesan between uncooked lasagna noodles. Delicious! This easy lasagna recipe will help you navigate even the most stressful weeknights and avoid any potential dinnertime disasters.Our easy lasagna has everything you need to keep your family … Repeat layers, and spoon on remaining meat mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with one noodle. My husband is not a fan of lasagna. The method lets you mix, layer, and bake your way to an early bedtime. Lean ground beef: I use 85 – 91% lean. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat You know the feeling: Your energy is running low, your family’s hunger is running high, and dinner should have been on the table an hour ago. You’ll only need 7 ingredients for this super simple recipe! ricotta cheese and 14.5-oz. Cover with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture, … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Arrange mozzarella slices on top. When it comes to ingredients, this recipe beats out all the rest. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 26 Pasta Recipes That Would Make an Italian Grandmother Proud, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce with meat, 1-1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided. I actually got 4 servings out of this so it was perfect for two dinners. A definite keeper and perfect for two. Brown ground beef in oil in a large skillet, stirring to crumble; drain off pan drippings. Anyone can make this! Top with a third of reserved cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Love the ease of the no boil noodles! Top with one noodle. I also doubled the ingredients and made one for the freezer. I used leftover homemade spaghetti sauce but like the idea that it can be made with jarred sauce. I made this lasagna recipe on 4/11/18. Also lends itself to adding extras such as extra meat, pepperoni, or veggies. The only thing I would recommend is to add a bit more cheeses...I ran short. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and bake. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Easy! This recipe is definitely a keeper for me! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. Browning the ground beef takes 40 minutes, and the prepared lasagna is in the oven for only 30 minutes (which is hands-off time for other prep). It was quick and easy to prepare, and the perfect amount for two people. Home Recipes Cooking Style Comfort Food. I also added a little dried basil to the sauce and cottage cheese mixture (personal preference). Can't wait to try it before the weather turns warm. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. Amount is based on available nutrient data. This recipe even calls for no-cook noodles. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Making it again this week! For those moments when you’re lacking in time, motivation, and even verbs, pull out this no-fail recipe for Extra Easy Lasagna. Everything else was kept as is for the ingredients. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. I was looking for a lasagna recipe for just one person. Spread 1/3 cup sauce to edges of noodle. In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I made this last week, and I was surprised how good it was considering that it did not take long to cook at all! These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, These sides will be the real stars of Thanksgiving dinner. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. If there’s excess fat you can dab it up with balled up towels and tongs or drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. This easy lasagna recipe will help you navigate even the most stressful weeknights and avoid any potential dinnertime disasters.Our easy lasagna has everything you need to keep your family full and happy: Ground beef, whole tomatoes, noodles, and a selection of cheeses (mozzarella, cottage cheese, ricotta, and parmesan—a delicious mix) make a foolproof dinner dish. Fantastic. I did reverse the layers: noodles, sauce, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese! Panic. I did not have "no-cook" noodles or ricotta cheese, so I cooked 4 regular lasagna noodles and substituted cottage cheese. Top with a third of reserved cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. … Spread 1/3 cup sauce to edges of noodle.