What a great website. Yum, I love tacos!! We like those specifically for the ease, and in this case we are using Snake River Farms Skirt Steak. If you like this recipe we’d truly appreciate it if you would give this recipe a star review or leave a comment below! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It’s easy, fast, and very versatile. A tougher cut of steak like a flank steak, skirt steak, or even chuck can marinate longer, up to 24 hours (I usually do the night before for the next day’s dinner). Take 5 minutes to whip up the marinade … Similar to most meats, Skirt Steak and Flank Steak are typically sliced against the grain before serving to maximize tenderness. For hundreds of pure Paleo recipes be sure to check out  The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook  and  The Real Paleo Diet Fast and Easy. Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Arrachera (Skirt Steak) is more delicious when to make the Steak very thin. Be sure to share a picture and tag. Don’t wait until the next Cinco de Mayo to enjoy these delicious tacos. This makes the meat much easier for the diner to cut and chew. Cook to whatever your desired temp. * Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Prepare a grill or grill pan at medium-high heat. Who doesn’t love tacos? Exact cooking times will depend on the size of your steak. For tacos you may want to add lettuce, cheese & salsa. The Paleo Diet® team comprises a group of scientists, journalists, and recipe creators who stay at the forefront of nutrition science, specifically Paleolithic nutrition. Otherwise, you can grab a box cutter and rice your own cauliflower, then sauté for about five minutes. There’s a strong nostalgia involved for those who seek to make it on their own. Seal tight, and place in a large bowl and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours, we cap at 6 hours to maintain the beef flavor. And the kids gobbled it up too! Step 5. Technically, you aren’t constrained to just those cuts, you can use any. Amazon, may be affiliate links where at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission should you decide to purchase the item. Great baiting! Serves: 4. Steak marinade is perfect to use on those tougher, less expensive cuts of meat like roasts, tri-tips, and shoulders, so use it liberally. But, if you cannot find either cut of meats, you can use the following alternatives: Sirloin flap meat or trimmed brisket cut into 1 inch thick “steaks” and then into thin strips. Difficulty: Intermediate If you want step-by-step instructions, try this recipe. With a distinctive character, it is excellent as a finishing olive oil, and a good, healthy Kosher cooking oil ideal for everyday use. The one thing I did not like about this was the red pepper flakes. We love corn tortillas but you can use flour if you prefer and then load it up with your favorite taco ingredients. Steak Tacos. 10 minutes It is always better to have your meat as close to room temperature as possible before grilling it. When you’re ready to cook the steak, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Since one of our visions for this blog is to cook more ethnic food from different regions around the world, we will be sharing more Mexican, Dominican & Mediterranean recipes with you this year. Can’t wait to make this for the family. To help cut back on prep time, consider buying a bag of frozen cauliflower rice and cooking it right before you’re ready to serve. Do you think it’s because butchers / grocers are catching on to the fact that folks are learning how to prep it as well as you do here? That’s why I am so excited to share this Skirt Steak Tacos recipe with you. In a blender, put in oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin and sugar and puree, Pour into a large, heavy duty, zip top bag and add skirt steak, Seal bag, removing as much air as possible, Allow to marinade overnight or for at least 3-4 hours, Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels, Cook on barbecue - just a few minutes per side, When finished cooking wrap meat in double thickness of foil and allow to sit for 15 minutes, Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices, Slice thinly across the grain of the meat, Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Thanks for letting us know it was helpful. Ok, let’s talk now about the steak taco marinade. Definitely worth trying! Meat….grilled. First, chop the cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, fresh lime juice, salt & pepper, ground cumin and Melies Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is available for purchase in our online shop. I love seeing what you made. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. So good! Best Pellet Grill – MAK Two Star General – Versatile American Made Pellet Smoker, Carne Asada — Skirt Steak Tacos (Recipe and Video), (we like a mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika). So, at that moment I knew I needed to share with you (and Geoffrey) some information about the difference between skirt steak and flank steak. *see notes. You can use it as a salad dressing or just simply drizzle some on fresh tomato slices. Or if not, maybe do without? Your email address will not be published. “The Paleo Diet” is a registered trademark. Hi! It’s a good idea to get the steak out of the fridge to get the chill off before cooking. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. There are tenderizer shakes you can use too, but I find apple cider vinegar, wine, or Worcestershire all do the trick well. On the grill Sunday quickly then sliced and on the griddle Tuesday with the onions and peppers. This post may contain affiliate links. It’s what’s for dinner at The Paleo Diet. Marinated Flank Steak Recipe. The marinade is a hit. They seemed out of place to me. Let rest for 5-10 minutes and then slice against the grain, and serve as a filling for tacos or burritos. Blog post contains affiliate links. They make a delicious and easy meal any day of the week, the hardest part is remembering to marinate the meat! Traditionally for carne asada the cut is often flank steak, hanger steak, or skirt steak. This Mexican dish is also known as carne asada. (Flat Iron, Hanger, and Flank work great too). We swap in cauliflower rice for white rice, skip the cheese and sour cream in favor of avocado and cilantro, and add in quick and easy pickled red onions for a zesty meal you’ll want to make repeatedly. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Dana is a professional Chef turned blogger, recipe developer, food photographer, cookbook author, brand ambassador, local tv personality, and more! I made this recipe for my husband and he loved it. It is really THE best and easiest taco recipe EVER. Collard Greens Recipe with Smoked Turkey Leg, Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Smoked Honey Butter, Grilled Mashed Sweet Potatoes (with Chipotle and Maple), Smoked Jalapeño Poppers with Crispy Bacon, a) marinate with a balance of umami, citrus, acid, oil, then …. Can’t wait to make it for the first Sunday of NFL football. So for your next taco Tuesday, grab your favorite cut of meat and get rolling on your restaurant worthy carne asada. Debby. Combine onion, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a large bowl. Receive my FREE 5 Instant Pot Meals in 5 Minutes E-Course, This e-course includes my most popular Instant Pot recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan. Spicy, tangy, sweet, this recipe for steak tacos brings all the flavors to the table. Those two similar cuts of meat come from the same general area of the cow. We also added thinly sliced radishes, jalapeño, cilantro, avocado and lime wedges—but these are all optional! Allow meat to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing against the grain into 1/4-inch slices. Liberally season your steak on both sides with your dry rub. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Mix together. One of my favorite cuts of meat is skirt steak. Slice against the grain and then serve with your favorite taco or burrito. Many recipes we see will marinate the meat, then transfer it directly to the grill. Jam Trio: Spicy & Sweet Gourmet Jam Gift Set 3-pack, Sweet Red Pepper & Graviera Cheese Spread, Greek EVOO Hellenic Farms PDO Sitia Crete, Skirt Steak Tacos Recipe | Carne Asada Tacos, « Yellow Pea Shoot Salad Recipe with Champagne Mustard Vinaigrette, Gourmet Dominican Chimichurri Hamburger | Dominican Street Food », LIÁ Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Greek EVOO, Cranberry Relish w/ Grand Marnier™ 3-pack, Tapenade with Dried Tomato & Basil L’Epicurien. A little different than regular way of making skirt steak tacos but sometimes different is good. Pour into a large, heavy duty, zip top bag and add skirt steak. Disclaimer: By clicking on the "Yes, I want in" button above you are giving me your consent to collect and use your information according to the law and My.