Your email address will not be published. Plus: … Select the ‘Smooth’ setting and let the machine quick and blend your soup – easy right? You can also experiment with your garnishes too! Add the chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Use an immersion blender to puree until the soup is creamy and smooth. Cook for around 30 minutes until the veg is soft. This soup is also perfect for an SP or Original day on Slimming World and is paleo and Whole30 friendly. Share this recipe with your friends or followers, or keep in touch with us by simply using one of the sharing buttons above. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and leek and fry for 5 mins to soften. Cook until soft and add the cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. Add a couple of tablespoons of water, stir, then place the lid on the saucepan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Sorry for the lack of blog updates recently. Please read our Legal & Privacy Policy for more information. Add the minced garlic and saute for a further 1 minute. Yes you could replace the fresh chilli with flakes or powder. I tend to use a mild curry powder in this recipe. Add the onion, potato, garlic and bay leaf. These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off. (your email address will not be published). Do not use any bay leaves in this method! RECIPE - Chicken Breast in a Creamy Cajun Sauce, RECIPE - Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Pasta, RECIPE - Curried Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup, RECIPE - Spinach and Red Pepper Cannelloni, RECIPE - Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken and Veg. 1 tsp ground turmeric Another benefit of this recipe is that it is suitable for vegetarians and vegans and can be served to anyone on a gluten free diet too. I batch cook this soup and bag up portions of it to freeze for easy lunches for those days when I need a quick but filling lunch. We think some toasted pine nuts or crispy bacon bits would work really well. Use an immersion blender to blitz the soup to velvety creaminess. Tag us! It seriously tops every kitchen appliance I have ever bought. Tonnes more Slimming World meals - over 610 at the last count - all sorted by syn and ingredient. This easy to make Curried Butternut Squash Soup is Zero Smart Points per serving on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, myWW Blue plan & myWW Purple plan. Looking for some other recipes? Hi want to make this but have no passata. Add the minced garlic and saute for a further 1 minute. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected. I've ended up having a couple of weeks break from Slimming World. Not everyone will like you. From chilled: Place in a microwave proof container with loosely fitting lid and heat for 4-7 minutes until piping hot. Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem? Also do you have to roast the butternut squash or could you use s soup maker? Tattooed Mama in a Headscarf, a little bit vintage, a little bit grunge.Ditching the mum uniform & embracing everyday style. For an average woman, that figure is around 2,000kcal (8,400kJ) a day. I am using frozen chopped squash? Newsflash We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Check Legal section, for Full Disclaimer, Disclosure and Privacy Policy. If the knife enters it easily, then it is cooked, if there is any resistance simmer for another 3 - 4 minutes. I used half a white and half a red onions (that’s what I had in the fridge) Blitz until smooth and silky. Love this Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe? Hi Nicola, in step 3 when the butternut squash is cooked, spoon the flesh out of the skin and add to the curry sauce. This soup combines 3 things that I really love – curry, butternut squash and coconut. Use a container or bag that is suitable for freezing. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site. However, just be aware that this may make the soup 1 Smart Point per portion. This should take about 40 minutes for the squash and about 20-25 minutes for the onion. For the broth/stock for this soup I use some of my Homemade Chicken Bone Broth, it’s super easy to make with a leftover Roast Chicken Carcass, but it can also be made with some stock cubes or syn free cartoned broth/stock. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by Wordpress. I tend to use baggies like these reusable ones available from Amazon. For added flavour add 1/2 teaspoon of chili garlic paste when you add the curry powder. It should therefore be considered as an estimate. Theme by 17th Avenue, Hey, welcome to This Mama Style Blog Slimming World Canada Friendly Food Products, Extra Easy Slimming World Weekly Meal Plans, Vegetarian Slimming World Weekly Meal Plans. Alternatively you can use a blender but be careful when processing hot soup! A great way to use this wonderful vegetable. Slimming World™ Recipe - Curried Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients(0) Deprecated (8192) : Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated [ CORE\src\View\Helper\FormHelper.php , line … Our Curried Butternut Squash Soup packs a punch in terms of flavour but the garnish takes it to the next level. 750 ml | 3 cups vegetable stock (broth) You’re not wrong when you say it packs a punch!! Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, place the lid on the pot and gently simmer for 15 minutes. It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. It was absolutely stunning and so easy to make! Once the butternut squash is cooked, spoon the flesh out of the skin and add to the curry sauce. Could i substitute a tin of chopped tomatoes instead? Use pre-prepared butternut squash from the chiller cabinet or frozen butternut squash that has been defrosted if you don’t want to do all that peeling and de-seeding! ½ tsp paprika I just made this and it was lovely, even my husband, who “hates butternut squash ” really liked it but I did make a couple of small tweaks. Stir until the squash is covered with the curry powder. You will find the recipe at the bottom of this page, but please ensure you read all cooking tips and suggestions. This delicious Slimming World Syn Free butternut squash soup can be made in the soup maker, pan, multicooker or slow cooker. I cut the butternut squash into cubes approximately 2cm square. Hey this Chicken Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup is so good you could actually turn it into a main meal by upping the chicken, add some additional vegetables and serving with some rice for a main meal. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram, Filed Under: Lunch, Soups, Uncategorized, Vegetarian Dishes, Zero Point Tagged With: blue plan, green plan, purple plan, soup, zero smart points, zero smartpoints, Your email address will not be published. If, like me, you love a big bowl of warming, cozy soup that fills you up then you will love these Weight Watcher friendly soup recipes! SLIMMING WORLD SYN FREE SPICED PUMPKIN SOU... SLIMMING WORLD SYN FREE CHEESY BACON &... 1 butternut squash, peeled deseeded & cut into chunks, Put the onion, squash, garlic & stock into a saucepan and season to taste, Bring to the boil over a high heat, then turn the heat low and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, Blend until smooth using a food processor or hand blender and ladle into bowls, Thin down the quark with a little water and add a swirl to each bowl. Recipes are updated often, We agreed with Slimming World to remove their trademarked terms from our website. You can also add more curry powder if needed. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Find out what this means. This blog will follow my Slimming World journey as I lose weight for my wedding. They are leakproof and ideal for the freezer. Put soup into blender and blend till smooth, Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add the cubed butternut squash and stir to … Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising. I don’t have fresh chilli, can I use chilli power or chill flakes? Add a couple of tablespoons of water, stir, then place the lid on the saucepan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add the passata, season and stir well. 1 tsp ground ginger This Curried Butternut Squash Soup is perfect if you’re following a calorie controlled diet and fits well with any one of the major diet plans such as Weight Watchers. Add the curry … Blitz until smooth and silky. Best o... On Monday I decided to do some roast beef. You would need about 2 tsp of either. Add the passata, season and stir well. Perfect for batch cooking for an easy Weight Watchers lunch any day of the week. Awesome!! Salt and pepper to season, Toppings and garnishes Add the curry powder and season. Syns in light coconut milk vary from brand to brand, so make sure to double check the syn value of the one you use. Serve with a swirl of natural yogurt (optional) and a few pumpkin seeds for crunch (additional Smart Points). Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, spray with calorie controlled cooking spray. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes on the Foodie Pro Theme, Chicken Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup (Instant Pot), This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly. What's more it's syn free on all plans. If you don’t have fresh vegetable stock then you could use vegetable stock made from a stock cube / bouillon cube. Just make sure that you work out the Smart Points before adding as some of the fat free flavoured yogurts are highish in Smart Points.