ive been debating about the slow cooker thing for month. If you are using bone-in pieces, cut the meat off the bones into bite sizes and throw both the meat and bones in the slow cooker. Follow the instructions as listed in the recipe. Glad you liked the recipe! I used 3lbs of Brisket and it worked. I add it to provide a little kick of spice. I had all ingredients with the exception of lemon grass and rice vinegar and believe it or not it still turned out decent. Due to the notes above of salt, that is why i choose to reduce the pineapple and marinade. Place the beef into the bowl with the marinade and leave for at least 2 hours or overnight. That’s such a great idea! Would that taste as good? Other than that, I hope you give it another try! First, I put the beef at the bottom of the crock-pot. This is a great new way to cook. Just like other braised meat dishes, this tastes even better the following day once the meat has had time to rest and soak up all the flavors of the sauce. Whisk in flour until a paste forms. It’s a fam favorite in my house! 2. Whisk in flour until a paste forms. 2 star anise My husband and I just finished eating this!! Hi Rie, unfortunately lemon juice and lemongrass are completely differently in taste. Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat and melt butter. I bought a 4lb chuck roast to make chili for my husband (for a date night under the stars) only to find out this morning that it’s not exactly his favourite… Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Thank you so much for the great recipe!!! Good to know if you can’t find Korean cut of beef. Served with long grain white rice and steamed green beans. I halved the recipe thinking 3# of meat was too much for 2 people but I’m sorry I did. :). I thickened it at the end although I couldn’t stop taste testing the juices haha! Glad your family enjoyed it! 2 tsp plum vinegar. It’s a keeper. That’s wonderful to hear! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. It’s cheaper and healthier than take-out. :). Cook on Low until meat and vegetables are cooked through and tender, about 8 hours. You will end up with a pot of mush. Great to hear it turned out okay! Set aside. Cook for 4-5 hours on high heat, or 6-8 hours on low heat. Beef shank is typically sold bone-in here in America, but it is sold boneless in Korea. Our 4lbs of chuck served 7 hungry people and we could have used more for additional helpings. I just recently found your site & have only tried 1 dish so far & it was a real hit with my family. Filed Under: Beef, Freezer Meals Tagged With: Crock pot, crockpot, dinner, easy, freezer meal, slow cooker. Sataejjim is often a cheaper or less fatty alternative to galbijjim in Korea. I’ve made this recipe several times and it’s been amazing each time!! Place the beef in the slow cooker, along with three green onions that have been sliced into 1.5 to 2-inch sections. All fields are required to submit a review. I Love my slow cooker too. Add red pepper flakes and chicken broth. Hi Ami! I’m so glad I read through the comments, as I’ve got some fresh pineapple I thought of throwing in and now I’ll make sure to wait until the end! Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. Thanks for trying out the recipe! ¼ cup dark miso paste I just got a slow cooker and your recipes are pretty straightforward for meats cooked to perfection, Korean-style. Please see PRIVACY POLICY for more details. Info. Naturally, I had to experiment. How important is it to brown the beef and the garlic etc. Happy to hear you found my blog and tried a recipe that your family liked. Serve with rice, noodles or crusty bread. An easy recipe that’s great to make in advance. Awesome recipe, the whole family loved it. Thanks. Beef chuck is a tough but flavorful cut of meat. Plus, get exclusive recipes, tips, and previews through our weekly newsletter. Top with onion soup mix, cooking sherry, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, beef bouillon, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and rosemary. He lived in Korea for two years so he loves anything asian flavoured (and he loves meat!)