This looks great!! Awesome and flexible slow cooker Thai dish that is perfect for the busy family, couple or single person. The white ones took about an hour the sweet about 45 minutes in the slow cooker. Sometimes though I have to use the longer cook, so I am working on other ways to get flavour into the dish at the moment. Not a fan of eggplant? My beef teriyaki was plenty thick and super savory . That means I can throw the veggies in a few minutes before leaving for karate, and by the time we get home, dinner’s done. Pour in chicken stock. Join My Free Challenge Now. Combine onion and garlic in the same skillet over medium-high heat; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Or caster sugar? I am glad you liked it. Voila!! Thanks for this recipe. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/31565/slow-cooker-thai-curried-beef.aspx OMIT THE BOK CHOY. This slow cooker Thai red curry freezes extremely well, so I usually double this recipe when I make it and then freeze half for a later meal. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I tripled the red curry paste (Thai kitchen brand), I added one jalapeño that had been seeded and sliced on top of onions. I would also recommend breaking up the beef once it's cooked to a more "shredded" consistency. They sound great. And why not double the recipe so you can stock the freezer at the same time. Defrost the curry in the fridge overnight then simply reheat before serving. If the sauce is too … This is so delicious. Cook until fork tender, 7 to 8 hours. No, they are not the same thing. It needed lots of jazzing up with more lime juice, sambal oelek, and salt. Finally I also added a can of diced tomatoes in the last hour of cooking – so that they didn’t lose too much flavour, but again added to the body of the meal. Required fields are marked *. It was updated on 28th June 2018 to complete the recipe card, update post links, and to generally improve the readability of the post. I like a little heat in my food but my husband does not, so I omitted the chili peppers and I don't use peanut oil so that was left out as well. My son who ate a lot of Thai food loved it. The meat was tender and there was a lot of fat to be skimmed off. Whisk into sauce and simmer for a few minutes until it thickens. Next time I make this I will use more spices and definitely par-boil the potatoes. Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with Thai Red Curry is a flavor explosion. Add the fish sauce, season to taste and serve over steamed rice. Mix 2 tbsp softened butter with 2 tbsp flour to form a paste. Curry paste is a mix of various aromatics such as onions, ginger, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, basil, and including chili, that are added at the beginning of a recipe and add additional flavour to a curry. I like a little heat in my food but my husband does not, so I omitted the chili peppers and I don't use peanut oil so that was left out as well. I also put in 2xZucchini with the Aubergines which added further body to the meal and ‘broke down’ to add a nice thick sauce over the meat.