The comment form collects your name, email and content to allow us keep track of the comments placed on the website. You'll see it on this page after we review it. And that was what I did for this recipe. Even if they are going a bit soft they will still work well when cooked up! Cook … Haha – I’m totally there with the random vegetables issues! Read the text in the blog post to find out how to prepare the curry in a slow cooker. Published on Feb 19, 2016. Prep your vegetables. Jump to:Using up all your veg When I have a “clean out my fridge” days, I make curries because they’re so versatile and everything tastes good if it’s curry. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/indian-vegetable-curry-coconut-milk The original coconut lentil curry recipe is also easy to make, but after a long day, no cooking is better than a little cooking. Subscribe to my Newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more tasty recipes! Hello, will dried garlic and ginger (In the jars) work? In my house we certainly suffer from ‘forgotten vegetable syndrome’. I cut my new baby potatoes in halves and the cauliflower head into florets. This easy Slow Cooker Chickpea Curry is completely vegan, packed with vegetables, and can be made in the Instant Pot too. Plus this is a nice healthy option if you are trying to eat well as it has no hidden nasties. You don’t need more or it will be very runny, trust me! Ideally, you need to saute these together on a small pan with a little bit of vegetable oil. If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. Simmer for about 10 minutes or longer (for a thicker curry). This healthy comfort meal is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, easy to make and can be also prepared in a slow cooker. Thanks for a fab #CreditCrunchMunch entry:-), Thanks Camilla! Can you put coconut milk in the slow cooker? Stir frequently. Slow Cooker Curried Parsnip and Apple Soup, Slow Cooker Falafel (Slow Cooked by Miss South), Slow Cooker Frittata with Goats Cheese and Red Onion, a selection of vegetables – carrots/fresh broccoli/carrot/baby corn/green beans. Mix well and serve with rice and/or naan bread, with fresh coriander to serve. Add the spices. Adjust seasonings to your preference and serve with white, brown rice, warm naan, or chapatis. It’s great for fridge clearing, I'm Lucy, a food blogger and also a busy working mum of two. Recipe makes four servings. You certainly can! Drain and rinse chickpeas (or beans of choice) and add them to the pan together with the pineapple chunks. Delicious vegetable curry recipe with coconut milk, pineapple, and beans! Instant Pot pumpkin curry with red lentils. Your email address will not be published. Thanks Elizabeth, it’s a great way to use up all the veg! Once it’s ready, open the lid, give it a stir and have a taste. First of all, you need a slow cooker. This is a great vegan slow cooker option. It also feels right to send it to the No Waste Food Challenge with Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary, and Meat Free Mondays with Tinned Tomatoes. Recipe. Portion it up into servings and use for a speedy meal. This healthy comfort meal is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, easy to make and can be also prepared in a slow cooker. Scrape the mixture into the slow cooker. First of all, you can use any vegetables that you like! Add the onion, garlic, ginger to the slow cooker. I am sure I can’t be the only one, surely?! Place the onion slices on the slow cooker and top with the browned beef. I cut my new baby potatoes in halves, and the cauliflower head into florets. Your email address will not be published. Make sure you check out the full recipe card at the bottom of the post for the quantities required. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day! And the aubergines, peppers or carrots, or whatever else I have bought, get forgotten about until I find them a few days or a week later. Add the coconut milk and tomato purée and mix well to combine all the ingredients. 3 hours on high, or 6 hours on low. Get my new recipes and newsletters for free when you subscribe. However, you can make a lower fat slow cooker vegetable curry by using reduced fat coconut milk. Hearty slow cooker vegetable curry to make on busy days. Can you freeze this slow cooker vegetable curry? Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours, and serve with rice. . Place vegetables, chickpeas, tomato sauce, coconut milk, chicken broth and spices in the slow cooker and heat on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours. Mmm I love the flavours you’ve used in this dish! Once the lentils are cooked, all you need to do is add a can of coconut milk, a few cherry tomatoes, and a handful of cilantro and you've got dinner. Can you reheat in a slow cooker? 24 Comments. Also seeing this over to Extra Veg with Utterly Scrummy Food for Families and Fuss Free Flavours. Allow to defrost in the fridge and then reheat in a pan or in the microwave until piping hot. Adjust seasonings to your preference and serve with white basmati rice, brown rice, warm naan, or chapatis. Copyright © 2013-2020 BakingQueen74 / Lucy Allen • All Rights Reserved. I’m sending this recipe over to Credit Crunch Munch with Fab Food 4 All and Fuss Free Flavours (hosting this month). Use up all the vegetables in your fridge in a delicious vegetable curry with coconut milk, in a few easy steps. Instead, reheat in a pan or in the microwave until piping hot. How to make a slow cooker vegetable curry. So as long as it has a high and low option then you’re good to go. It is the perfect thing for them isn’t it, that or soup! It doesn’t matter which slow cooker you are using, in fact, mine is very basic. You can also add 1-2 tsp of cornstarch (mix it with some coconut milk before you add it) to make the curry sauce even thicker. Vegetable stock - using vegetable stock keeps this curry vegan. Instead of green beans, I throw in either chickpeas or split peas for some protein. Vegan Chickpea Curry | Oil-Free Recipe In 25 Minutes - Elavegan. Vegetable Curry With Coconut Milk and Pineapple. Ah yum, this sounds delicious.I haven’t had slow cooked curry for ageessss. 814 words. it’s kiiind of the perfect combination of a little sweet, a little spicy, a little tangy. Find out more…. This curry is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Add the spices. So chop everything in bite-sized vegetables. Am so glad it isn’t just me, I did hope so. Nutrition facts are for one serving. Can you freeze this slow cooker vegetable curry? Will give this a whirl. To still keep it vegan, but add some more flavour, try using a … Add coconut milk, all spices + salt and pepper to taste. Can you put coconut milk in the slow cooker? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Add the green beans and cook for one more hour on low. #feast-advanced-jump-to {z-index:999;border:none;opacity:0.97;background: #FCFCFC; border-left:4px solid #CCC; padding:5px 0 10px 20px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to summary, #feast-advanced-jump-to ul{ margin-left:0;min-height:50px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to li { list-style-type:none; } #feast-advanced-jump-to li a { text-decoration: none; }@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {.single h2 { display: block; position: relative;padding-top:83px;margin-top:-83px;}} One-Pot Coconut Milk Vegetable Curry. if you chose to saute the onion, garlic, and ginger, depends on the amount of vegetable you're using and how saucy you want the curry to be, Fishcakes with Homemade Chips and Pesto Mayo Dip ». Brilliant Sylvia so pleased to hear this! I hope that you love every recipe that you make! I buy specific vegetables with a recipe in mind, then our plans change and I make something else. Thank you for sharing with the no waste food challenge . This is a great vegan slow cooker option. Remove Hello and welcome to Little Sunny Kitchen! But if you don’t have time for that, you can just add these ingredients to the slow cooker. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Below I’m listing my favorite curries that you will also love: Back to this slow cooker vegetable curry. You can also use fresh ginger or garlic instead, same quantities. Continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the spices become fragrant. I had a cauliflower head that has seen better days, some sugar snap peas, a few mushrooms, baby corn, and 5 baby new potatoes. However, I strongly recommend that you saute them to release the flavors and then add to the slow cooker. Found this recipe a few months back. Add the sweet potatoes and carrots. https://www.evolvingtable.com/slow-cooker-chicken-curry-coconut-milk Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. I use turmeric, garam masala, cumin, salt, and pepper. All kinds of vegetables go well in a curry and I like to include sweet potato as it helps the sauce to thicken. Ever since we changed our eating habits and started incorporating more plants in our diet, I become obsessed with curries. Once it’s ready, open the lid, give it a stir and have a taste. I so far have used cauliflower, peppers and aubergine. In a small pan, saute onion, with garlic and ginger. Required fields are marked *. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. This curry is loaded with vegetables, and the flavours are amazing! Give everything a quick stir, cover with the lid and start the slow cooker. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. Place the garlic, ginger and spices in a large bowl. Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment. The addition of spices and coconut milk hides a multitude of sins even if your veg are going a bit soft, and brings the flavour of the vegetables out. Fantastic! I'm Diana and I love cooking with fresh, and seasonal ingredients. And that’s basically what I did here. I love curry, it’s one of the most satisfying meals in my opinion. I make all kinds of curries! A great veggie curry that needs very little effort – I do fry off the onions, spices etc first though. The sauce is very runny though – a drawback to the slow cooker. Published on January 28, 2020 | updated on July 24, 2020 by Diana. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, curry powder, spices, sugar, fish sauce, and a little salt and pepper. Pour over beef and vegetables. Followed by diced tomatoes, half a can of coconut milk (I use full fat), water, and the prepped vegetables. I love a good curry and yours sounds delicious. thanks for the receipe I shall be naking it again. I so dont use my slow cooker enough which is why I love seeing your recipes as they remind me to get slow cooking. Serve the curry with cooked rice of choice, potatoes, or, « Baked Blueberry Donuts | Vegan, Gluten-Free Doughnuts, Healthy granola bars | chewy, soft, vegan and gluten free snack ». trying to loose weight and it was lovely. So chop everything in bite-sized vegetables. Disclosure. The addition of spices and coconut milk hides a multitude of sins even if your veg are going a bit soft, and brings the flavour of the vegetables out. You can skip the sauteeing part but strongly recommend that do it to release the flavours and then add to the slow cooker. ... Swap that with potato, butternut squash or another starchy vegetable. Learn how your comment data is processed. Slow cooker is great for veg too, though often you don’t need to leave it on all day. Yes, coconut milk works well in the slow cooker. About 5 minutes to read this article. Ingredients needed This curry is loaded with vegetables, and the flavours are amazing! I made this with mange tout added some courgettes and mushrooms and it was delicious, was absolutely delicious I did use only half a tin of the milk but thats because Im This healthy slow cooker coconut curry is one of the easiest meals ever. Yes sure. Hearty Indian inspired slow cooker vegetable curry to make on busy days. Add the tomatoes and their juices, coconut milk and stock, cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Great Becky, I like to get people slow cooking.