Thanks, i love it so much and thats comming from an 11 year old! result will be a light a fluffy mixture. Oh she’ll love it! I sorta messed up on the ingredients but it turned out REALLY good. Just use a…, Really Easy Chocolate Rainbow Smarties Cake, A chocolate cake filled with a Rainbow of Smarties. […] Click HERE for the recipe from ‘Sunday Baking’ […], […] KitKat are used to adorn cakes but most of them uses chocolate button candies like M&M or Smarties, well this post we will change it a bit by using marshmallows instead of chocolates. preheat oven to 375 F and grease the desired cake pans. Not a huge fan of chocolate cake (not that this is about me) Hee hee. Youngest son has now requested the same cake for his birthday. It was amazing and tasted fantastic. All our articles and reviews are written independently by … New! Fold in the rest of the flour mixture using a large metal spoon, until just combined. Blue to match blue smarties and create a vibrant cake. Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen. See more ideas about Cake, Cupcake cakes, Amazing cakes. Baking a single layer was perfect for the little kids as they are mostly interested in the topping anyway. I’m not sure it would give you exactly the same effect, but you could use pretty much any brightly coloured sweet. I no longer post every Sunday, but the recipes I do post are 100% worth trying - if you sign up below I will email you every time I add a new recipe! This was to make a single layer cake. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a cocktail stick inserted into the middles comes out clean. Here smarties are a sweet treat that are like a little pastel tablets that areSweet and tart. Gently melt the butter, chocolate, sugar and 100ml hot water together in a large saucepan, stirring occasionally, then set aside to cool a little while you weigh the other ingredients. Pour the … We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. As we had a super hero party theme I added some flying super hero figures on skewers and some silver star bunting. Bake the cupcakes for about 25 minutes, and bake the Bake for approx. For the cupcakes: 100g (3 1/2oz) plain flour 25g (1oz) cocoa powder 250g (9oz) condensed milk 1 egg 1/2tsp vanilla extract Cake Ingredients 6 oz of butter or marg; 6 oz caster sugar Measure the buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla in a jug. See more ideas about Cake, Cupcake cakes, Amazing cakes. New Baker so learning as I go. https://www.bakewithstork.com/recipe/rainbow-pinata-cake-192699 PRO TIP: I would definitely recommend sorting the smarties (I bought 2 huge bags) several nights before and storing the sorted colours in zip lock bags – otherwise I think I would have lost my mind doing it under the pressure of pre-party night. Just wondering, did you start the smarties from the outside and work your way in, or from the middle and work outwards? Hi, I worked from the centre outwards. It looked wonderful. Once melted, turn off the heat, stir in the double cream and sift in the icing sugar. DIRECTIONS. Stir in some of the vanilla extract. Divide the remaining batter between the two prepared round pans. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with a electric mixer for several minutes, until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture one at a time, continuing to beat as you go and alternating with a spoonful of the flour mixture. Because the colors are more muted it doesn’t quite have the punch. Honestly…I baked the cakes in the afternoon, left them to cool while we went to visit my nan in hospital, got home about 8pm, cooked and ate dinner then decorated the cake and I was sat down by 9pm! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. it must be fate as I bought a box of 48 tubes of smarties at the wholesalers today!! Welcome to Sunday Baking! This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. At the time I thought this was a brilliant idea for a smarties chiffon cake. This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. in a different bowl, butter with an electric mixer wile gradually adding sugar. ), Whisk the icing sugar with the cocoa powder and butter on a low speed until the mixture is sandy in consistency, Pour in the milk, still mixing on a low speed, then increase the speed to high and whisk the frosting until soft and fluffy, When the cakes are cool, spread a layer of frosting between the 2 cakes. For the icing, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. I made this cake for my Dad’s birthday yesterday. Grease and line two 20cm-round cake tins. Happy Baking! I wanted to make something bright and cheerful so I went through my pinterest board of cakes I see and want to bake and this one stood out a mile! I don’t like chocolate but even I wanted to make it! When you have made it you should post a photo on the Sunday Baking Facebook page – I would love to see it! Hi My rainbow was a little different – you just have to work with the ratio of each colour you get in your particular batch of Smarties tubes. Learn how your comment data is processed. I started to get stressed about the smarties not being perfect but as I got further round I realised that it really didn’t matter. Thanks in advance, your cake is wonderful! Get one of our Yummy chocolate smartie cake recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. When the cakes are completely cooled, spread half the buttercream on top of one of the sponges. Stir in oil, some of the milk, and vanilla extract. I’m going to try a vanilla version of this recipe for my husband because he doesn’t like chocolate. Does any one know if this would look as good using a vanilla sponge? I didn’t use any special equipment for this – it’s not needed! js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. Leave to cool. It would be good if there would be some left for her family (two parents and three kids). preheat oven to 375 F and grease the desired cake pans. Hi- I’m just wondering if you put this cake in the fridge when finished or leave it out overnight? Allow to cool to a thick consistency then pour over the cake and decorate with smarties. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Divide the flour mixture evenly between the two tins and smooth the tops. Butter cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper. Thanks. Hi, I’m what is 2 8″ for the baking pan mean? Hi Angela- this is the temperature for a fan oven. }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); I borrowed your Rainbow Smartie Cake design for a colleague’s birthday cake – it really has the wow factor and went down exceedingly well. These cookies do not store any personal information. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Let cake cool for 15 min. This is one of those cakes that looks amazing but doesn’t require much time or skill so it’s perfect for beginners! So this cake is very forgiving. Thanks and it is very creative.