Young's Which are either the words of Christ, adjuring the young converts not to disturb the church; who had now Christ in her arms. I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please. Song of Solomon A2 Classic Bible Study Guide 3 Song of Solomon 1:1 “The Song of Songs, which is Solomon’s” (1:1) Solomon prefigured the crowned Conqueror of Calvary, the risen and ascended Jesus, when He had by Himself purged our sins and "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" (Hebrews 1:3). I charge you, O you daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that you stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please. What little good there is in us would be lost, if he did not preserve it to himself. Learn more today! Young's These people were strong enough to overcome and pass by the problems they encountered out in the world. Amplified® Bible Commentary on Song of Solomon 5:1 (Read Song of Solomon 5:1) See how ready Christ is to accept the invitations of his people. What an incredible prophecy of the church of God today! Solomon married these women for political reasons. He also invites his beloved people to eat and drink abundantly. NASB E-Prime So we can see that Solomon is still a young man in this Song. The Song of Solomon is poetic and practical. They will not allow a separation to occur again! The Song of Solomon is like a fragile flower that requires delicate handling. K.J.V. In the end, Solomon would have 700 wives. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. See what over 145,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. Before He had to knock on the door in judgment, these Christians have found Christ again and refuse to let Him go! Song of Solomon 3:1-5. The Bereans "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:10-11). Learn more today! The dialogue seems to completely belong to her in this section. SONG OF SOLOMON RESOURCES Commentaries, Sermons, Illustrations, Devotionals. Introduction: The discerning reader should be aware that many of the commentaries on Song of Solomon interpret this book allegorically (See Interpretative Approach).The "danger" is that allegory searches for a hidden spiritual meaning that transcends the literal sense of the sacred text. Song of Solomon 3:5 New Living Translation ... With Bible Gateway Plus, you gain instant access to a digital Bible study library, including complete notes from the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible and the New Bible Commentary. King James Version Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. Darby English Version And 300 other women lived with him in the palace (1 Kings 11:3). The trials of the church by the withdrawing of Christ. Song of Solomon 1:5 I am dark yet lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon. When she awakens in the dead of night, she goes out into the city to look for him (verse 2). Part of the church woke up from slumber with the strength and commitment to seek the Bridegroom high and low. He brought me to the banqueting house, Good News Bible Amplified® Amplified® Micah 4:8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. Darby (6-11)1-5 It was hard to the Old Testament church to find Christ in the ceremonial law; the watchmen of that church gave little assistance to those who sought after him. Song of Solomon 2:7 I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please. R.S.V. She goes down every street, into every square, without finding him. Revised Standard Version Since her relationship with the Beloved is so wonderful, she advises the other young women to make certain they are truly ready for the experience before they commit to a relationship of their own (verse 5; see Luke 14:26-33). This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. Young's Literal Translation This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. This first dream sequence shows the Shulamite in bed, and even in her dreams she seeks the Beloved (verse 1). Song of Solomon 2:7 O daughters of Jerusalem, I adjure you by the gazelles and does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until the time is right. A.S.V. This first dream sequence shows the Shulamite in bed, and even in her dreams she seeks the Beloved (verse 1). R.S.V. Commentary for Song of Solomon 3 . See what over 145,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. A.S.V. Young women of Jerusalem, promise me by the power of deer and gazelles, never to awaken love before it is ready. (1-5) The excellences of the church, The care of Christ for her. Try it free for 30 days! K.J.V. I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awaken love, until it please. I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or by the hinds of the field that you stir not up nor awaken love until it pleases. A.F.V Contemporary English Version Compare all. 1. We are on holy ground. I charge you, daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles, or by the hinds of the field, That ye stir not up, nor awake [my] love, till he please. Song of Solomon 8:4 I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please. " I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the hinds of the field, That you will not arouse or awaken my love Until she pleases.". The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox. I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the roes, or by the hinds of the field, That ye stir not up, nor awake `my' love, Until he please. She asks the policemen strolling their beats if they have seen him (verse 5), but when they give her no help, she continues her search and immediately finds him (verse 4). The ordinances in which they honour him, are means of grace. Her love for him is so consuming that she constantly looks for him everywhere. A.F.V American Standard Version Song of Solomon 3:5 "I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake [my] love, till he please." I have adjured you, daughters of Jerusalem, By the roes or by the hinds of the field, Stir not up nor wake the love till she please! New King James Version "Here perhaps the RSV translation of Song of Solomon 2:6 is preferable: 'O that his left hand were under my head, and that his right hand embraced me!'" New International Version NASB E-Prime Home × Solomon married all these women so that his country would be at peace. Here God is speaking to His people in poetic songs which unfold a story. New American Standard Bible Home × We need to take our spiritual shoes from off our feet as we approach this book. Her love for him is so consuming that … Song of Solomon 3:5 New King James Version ... With Bible Gateway Plus, you gain instant access to a digital Bible study library, including complete notes from the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible and the New Bible Commentary. I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the does of the field, Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases. in E-Prime "I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the hinds of the field, That you will not arouse or awaken {my} love Until she pleases.". This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. (4-7) The maiden thinks about the provision and intimacy she has found. Jerusalem -- probably 'foundation of peace', capital city of all Israel, Verb - Hifil - Perfect - first person common singular, Direct object marker | second person masculine plural, Untranslatable mark of the accusative case, Preposition-b | Noun - feminine plural construct, Lo!, whether?, if, although, Oh that!, when, not, Verb - Hifil - Imperfect - second person masculine plural, Verb - Piel - Imperfect - second person masculine plural, Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Conjunctive imperfect - third person feminine singular, To incline to, to bend, to be pleased with, desire. N.A.S.B. N.A.S.B. I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or the hinds of the field, that you stir not up nor awaken love until it please. OT Poetry: Song of Solomon 3:5 I adjure you daughters of Jerusalem (Song Songs SS So Can) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools. Darby Unfortunately, others have awakened more slowly, with much less strength and resolve. It is important to remember that Try it free for 30 days! Compare all. They came from many countries. N.A.S.B. In this section (Song of Solomon 2:4-17) the maiden – either in a dream or daydream – thinks about her beloved and the love they have shared and will share. See what over 145,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. The Bereans "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:10-11). Promise me, women of Jerusalem; swear by the swift deer and the gazelles that you will not interrupt our love. Commentaries Adam Clarke Barnes' Notes Forerunner Commentary Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown John Wesley's Notes ... Interlinear: Library: Topical Studies: X-References: Verse Comparison: Song of Solomon 3:5. She is so overjoyed—and so fearful of losing him again—that she clutches him tightly and refuses to let him go until she brings him back to her mother's house where they will be married. See what over 145,000 subscribers are already receiving each day. The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox.