Not sure how to prevent this. It just boils down to freshness. I bow to your greatness and hope cod goes on sale at my grocery store again soon! oz. Teriyaki Salmon with Spicy Chickpea Sweet Potato Puree, Beach Birthday Party + Planning and Preparing Tips, Halloween Cookie Cake: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Soft Lemon Filled Cookie Recipe (Vegan & Gluten-Free), Tortilla (use corn tortillas for gluten free), Baked Cod Fish (with any extra sauce and baked onions with it). Stir in scallions and cheese, until the cheese melts. Directions. All opinions stated are written in my own words and I only promote products I love and support! Try a variety of flavors and fillings; with so many options to choose from, every night can be taco night. Sear the fish for 15 seconds on one side, turning once and repeating 15 seconds on the other side. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas, Southwestern Fish Tacos Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In an 8 x 8 inch baking pan add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil to the bottom. YUM! Then get the kitchen ready because you totally need to try this cod fish taco recipe! Thanks for a great dinner, and rave reviews from my family. Healthy Living with Chef AJ - S1 Ep 5 - John Joseph, Food for Thought: Stuffed Clams without the Shell! It is best to do this in a [amazon_textlink asin='B00IUPJH4C' text='glass baking dish' template='ProductLink' store='delightfulmom-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='6dc282ad-f0ff-11e7-b4e8-b956be84e265′] as cast iron or aluminum can react with acids and give fish an off-flavor. This recipe has been on my family's most requested list for years. Pour over chopped chicken and simmer just 15 minutes for a sensational Tex-Mex-style dish. FoodyTV is a next generation food network for the "Everyday Chef". But not everyone around the world has this kind of access to fresh fish, unless ordered direct from the fisheries. So, I cooked the onion/lime mix in the coconut oil and then heated up the cod in that pan afterward. Not quite right. My heart is spinning in joy to hear how much you enjoy this recipe! This is a lovely recipe, quick to make and full of fresh flavors. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Chicken: I use raw chicken in this crock pot recipe, which is deemed perfectly safe by the USDA.You should, however, never use frozen chicken in the slow cooker – even though some manufacturers claim it’s safe. Paired it with yellow rice and black beans and also had fajita veggies which I liked with the fish as well (ate two different tacos - one with veggies, one without). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Try our featured recipes, learn about our chefs, and watch our newest content, and most importantly, Let's Get Cookin'! Serve: Layer each slightly heated tortilla with cabbage followed by fish. Seasonal item. When it is baked, it will naturally have liquid, so use a slotted spoon so it drains out before adding to the tacos. Simmer 15 minutes for a tasty Tex-Mex-style dish. Cover and bake for 6-8 minutes. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Thank you! I am a firm believer in always using the freshest and best ingredients in the kitchen. Try this zesty sauce, thick with tomatoes, garlic, red, green and chili peppers, tomatillos and a sassy blend of Southwestern spices. No gluten ingredients. Add taco seasoning mix and water; mix until ground beef is well coated. I had actually baked a couple of nice big pieces of cod in olive oil, a little garlic, and salt and pepper the night before. A bold, traditional taco sauce with warm notes of chili peppers, tangy tomato, rich cumin and savoury oregano. » 1 pouch Simply Organic Beef Taco Simmer Sauce .